Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Making an Anime Studio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I studied Diamond Comics Video Vault Catalogs when I was younger. I know MSRPs like whoa. So don't make me open a can of it on your ass. Smile
oh my god.
its a figure of speach, like saying they charge way to much for there dvds and they are crap there are like 5 titles i like from thats all. im sayign before they were like 35$ for small portions on dvds awhile back now the prices are down but they still release alot of crap.

but you got to aggree with me on they do get alot of bad titles and even worse dubb.and seem to preview it on the anime magazine they own.

also Vicious why do you always have to be such a dick. sorry im trying to do somethign i like to do i have been in this scene a long time before you. not anime but other aspects of multi media ! im on my way to making a company that promotes and reviews things . i already have connections its not hard . all you have to do is try instead of trying to put down other dreams ! so if you have a probelm with this dont look at this post or like they say in the old days go FUCK your self ! Big Grin

-LE
Quote:Originally posted by Last Exile
. im sayign before they were like 35$ for small portions on dvds awhile back now the prices are down but they still release alot of crap.

OK. Give me an example of a $35 MSRP release they had for 3 episodes? Or 4 or 5 episodes for that matter.

Also, they're in the business of making money. They're not putting out anime for the sake of putting out anime. There has to be a market out there for it if they keep licensing it.

You still haven't told us what you bring to the table. Why would a movie company need you?
Have you realized a lot of anime IS crap? Don't kid yourself on that.

No series was that bad, worst maybe $30 for 4 episodes.
i said in the past and the prices on anime in the us have gone down to fight pirates ! your not right vicious. so now i cant go back in time and get prices on them. im looking now on sites to see if i can. alot are 27$ for 4 eps.

also aproblem with companies is they release them every other month. i hate that !

-LE

also Vicious why do you always have to be such a dick. sorry im trying to do somethign i like to do i have been in this scene a long time before you. not anime but other aspects of multi media ! im on my way to making a company that promotes and reviews things . i already have connections its not hard . all you have to do is try instead of trying to put down other dreams ! so if you have a probelm with this dont look at this post or like they say in the old days go FUCK your self ! Big Grin

-LE

I'm not being a dick, I'm being honest. What assets are you bringing to a company? Why do they need you? They don't need you, do they?

And if I am being a dick, it's because I hate it when people lie about shit. You made up numbers and then try to say 'it's a figure of speech'. You fucking lieing piece of crap. Big Grin (smiley face makes everything ok right?)

ADV has some of the lowest prices around. It's obvious that you're talking out of your ass and haven't done very much research on this at all. That was evident from your very first post when you were trying to get people on this board to try and fund you. It was apparent that you had no idea how much it cost to do this. You're making up shit as you go along.

Anyone else here feel this guy is going to make it? Anyone? Please feel free to speak up and tell me why you believe so.
i said in the past and the prices on anime in the us have gone down to fight pirates ! your not right vicious. so now i cant go back in time and get prices on them. im looking now on sites to see if i can. alot are 27$ for 4 eps.

also aproblem with companies is they release them every other month. i hate that !

Are you referring back to VHS days? Why don't you advertise that with your titles. "Cheaper than ADV tapes MSRP from 10 years ago" I'm sure that'll help you with your sales. Rolleyes

And once again, it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. You think they're going too slow because they need time to release stuff? Exactly how long do you think turnaround time should be on a DVD?
beaucase alot of people dont like to do the work when they dont have to and also to have some one that knows the scene would help. im in this industry to promote already and i have spoken to alof of movie comapies and anime ones hell i had a contract with ADV. they are just cheap bastards they didnt have the funds to follow thorugh . im still talking to central park media.

here are links to stuff that is $29.98 and up from ADV from its own site !

http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/DetailsW...lume05.asp

http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/DetailsB...lume01.asp

actually alot are this price !
http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/DetailsM...bashiThere'sNoPlaceLikeHomeDVDVolume04.asp
30.00 for 3 episodes ! +5 shipping = $35.00

happy !

-LE
Wow Vicious... you're getting really worked up over this.

I say if he thinks he can make something happen then more power to him. I personally wouldn't invest a nickle in his company becuase I don't think he's done enough research yet.

Maybe if we see a formal business plan that includes what the competition is doing and it looks good enough then I would consider joining. A lot would depend on what titles are being looked at.

To make it happen, he'd probably have to find a series by a small production company that wasn't successful in Japan but appeals to enough North Americans.

here are links to stuff that is $29.98 and up from ADV from its own site !

http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/DetailsW...lume05.asp

http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/DetailsB...lume01.asp

actually alot are this price !
http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/DetailsM...bashiThere'sNoPlaceLikeHomeDVDVolume04.asp
30.00 for 3 episodes ! +5 shipping = $35.00

happy !

-LE

Um . . . you initially said $40, then you said $35. Nothing there MSRP's for that much. If you want to add in shipping and try to get prices that way, I order my titles from rightstuf for $18 with free shipping. So their stuff costs me half as much as what you're implying.

I'll ask. What did you have a contract with ADV for? I can easily write to David or Allen asking them about it if you want.

And exactly what do you know about 'the scene' that could help them? What could you give them that any normalanime fan couldn't?
I think they should put out volumes of 5 episodes or more every month at the end or beginning. or actually plan ahead and release it all at once like for a few titles i have seen. (dont ask to name cause i dont remember maybe princess 9)

i do know what im talking about !
so dont try and be higher or better then me ! just cause i didnt joing this forum the same time you did and post as much as you doesnt mean i know less then you.

-LE
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
Wow Vicious... you're getting really worked up over this.

Normally, I wouldn't care too much. But I absolutely hate it when people make up numbers about hw much an R1 company tries ripping you off. I buy plenty of their stuff and know how much it actually costs.

It's bad enough when HK fans do it to justify their purchasing habit, but he says he wants to start his own legitimate company and then he's gonna make stuff up about another R1 company?

On top of that, I've spoken to people from ADV. They are by far the most fan friendly R1 company I know. There's no need to make up false facts about them.
it was for the magazine and network.
promoting them to get them seen by a wider audience that at the time wasent being tapped. so well they didnt have the funds and so on so go right ahead and talk to them if i had my old email account i would show you the emails. but they are gone just like the company i worked for i had a good thing doing and the owner ran off with the biz and dissapeared. it was called : Street Assault owned by her with her main company Xtreme-zone !

so go right ahead and contact them !

:p
also i have been researching this i have been wanting to do this for awhile like starting my own biz cause alot of my friends in bands and at comapnies need promotion. to get out there !

-LE
I think they should put out volumes of 5 episodes or more every month at the end or beginning. or actually plan ahead and release it all at once like for a few titles i have seen. (dont ask to name cause i dont remember maybe princess 9)

i do know what im talking about !
so dont try and be higher or better then me ! just cause i didnt joing this forum the same time you did and post as much as you doesnt mean i know less then you.

-LE

Actually Princess Nine was released individually just like virtually all anime series.

I didn't say anything about post count or when you joined. Anyone . . . did I even mention that?

It's obvious from reading your posts and some of your statements that you don't know. If you knew, why would Steve have had to tell you how much it costs to license a series? Why would he have to tell you about other costs associated with an anime company? Why would I have had to correct you on how much they actually sell their stuff for? Why would you be disparaging another company to begin with? Why would you think you can turn out DVD's at such a fast rate?
im not making up stuff!
they do liscence too much stuff and not even half of it is worth it they loose money on half the stuff or more they put out . alot of the small titles they put out do not appeal to a wide audience of viewers and fans. so when those titles fail we see prices increase. if you dont believe me dont ! just go on with your rambles in another post this is for people that want to join up or help with coming with ideas for a new comapny !

thanks.

sorry to piss you off or think your wrong just go flame some where else vicious.

-LE
Pages: 1 2 3 4