Import Anime Forums

Full Version: voting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey all you americans out there, who are you planning on voting for in the election?
Anybody not named Bush.
haha me too, i don't see how such a moron got elected, or how he got away with all the shit his administration has done, it's disgusting.
candidates for prime minister in canada, and president for the states are all a shady bunch of characters(more so then usual :eek: ) i'll say that much.
the more i learn about politics, the more it disgust me, why can't there be a leader who puts the people before himself, politics has gone to hell, to me, it sems in this election, we have to chose between the lesser of two evils. Sad
Quote:Originally posted by Homeless Joe
the more i learn about politics, the more it disgust me, why can't there be a leader who puts the people before himself, politics has gone to hell, to me, it sems in this election, we have to chose between the lesser of two evils. Sad

My political science prof always likes to refer to it as the fine art of choosing from asshole A, asshole B, or asshole C.

My favorite part about upcoming elections is all of the campaign solicitors knocking on my door. This year, I started telling all of the reps for the parties that I didn't like that I was going to vote for the communist party, and that my mind was made up, so they shouldn't waste their time on me.

because no one is perfect.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Anybody not named Bush.

*claps* I like that.
I think I will be voteing for Kerry. But I live in washington state so the state will vote democrat anyway. Yeah, after taking poloy. sci. politics are really stupid, and it seems to me that our vote really doesnt count because your state rep. can vote any way he/she wants.

This topic reminded me of a joke my friend told me:
What is the diffrence between Hitler and Bush.......??

Hitler was elected.:eek:
Quote:Originally posted by -spike-

This topic reminded me of a joke my friend told me:
What is the diffrence between Hitler and Bush.......??

Hitler was elected.:eek:

wow, lol, that's a really good joke. i don't see how people allowed him to become president, especially when he actually didn't win and cheated.

Ok, so I know about all (well, some of) the shit Bush did but what's the evil part about Kerry. All I hear is he's flip/flopped but I haven't seen any examples except his stance on Iraq. What other negative info is there on Kerry?
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
Ok, so I know about all (well, some of) the shit Bush did but what's the evil part about Kerry. All I hear is he's flip/flopped but I haven't seen any examples except his stance on Iraq. What other negative info is there on Kerry?

i haven't heard too much bad stuff about kerry. i mean they say he's flip/flopped, but i think a lot of that is bullshit. but the more i think about voting for him, i just get this feeling inside that maybe he's going to screw us over like bush did
our president is not supposed to be some benelovent leader who fearlessly leads us into the next era. hes gonna be some asshole just like its been for a hundred years. BUT he should do what we tell him, and what we tell him to do shouldnt be what the big business owned yet suppsoedly left media tells us to do. we as a people should be educated and we should vote; else the big asshole on top is gonna do what he wants and not what we want. and if we are not eduacted in whats going on in the world how are we gonna know what we want? if things are fouled up its because we as a people are dropping the ball by not voting the assholes who do what we want in office and the ones who dont out, and not just the president, hes only one assshole, but across the board, learn who you canidates are, what they've done and vote everytime and we wont get "screwed over" anymore.
there are people who see what has happened and don't want him in there anymore. but there are a lot of people who either don't see or don't want to see the problem and they are going to vote for him again and what if he wins? then we just got screwed over again and it's not because of ignorance. the people need to wake up and see what is going on and then take action.
That's what I got against Bush the most. I get the impression he's there for his own purpose, to make his own life better. The position of president should be someone who's there for the people. Clinton was there for the people as is Blair in the UK (or thats my impression, and I have a pretty good sense of how people are). Its also not just in the US. Shroder(Germany), Putin(Russia), Chirac(France), Berlusconi (Italy) are IMO all selfish people in power. That's one of the biggest problems the western world has right now. Selfish people in power who look after the interest of their own party before the rest of the country.
Pages: 1 2 3