Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Request to Mods - Let Them Work It Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
just saying how easily the threads were gonna get locked and they were, but by Schultz

I concur. These threads are getting locked way too easily. Almost to the point that a lot of times, I don't bother posting for fear of triggering the lock for someone else's thread. Recently, it seems almost any small argument will lead to lock up. It feels like mods are close to the point of abusing their power? I agree there are threads that sometimes deserve getting locked, but I don't think previous three reached that point' even if it was just foolish arguing. I just observed and saw that they never had chance to get their differences worked out. Give them at least chance to finish the threads on their own. As a matter of fact, it looked like the argument was almost reaching the end anyway before it was locked without any explanation. At times, those arguments were even informative. Schultz stated that he's always right, but this action does not convince me of its validity.

If it gets outta hand, then lock it. But I think a lot of people will agree that pre-emptive strike angers lot of people. One who have power should be even more careful. There is a very fine balance between control and abuse. Sure, mods can just tell me to bug off because of this posting, and I will do so if asked. I do not hang out at places where I am not welcome. Some mentioned that there are many worse sites. But guess what? I don't hang out at those sites. Especially at one particular site, I found that mods sounded very arrogant (i will not mention names, but many of you can guess) Maybe they were not, but they sounded that way. Hence, I never hang out at that site, and as a result, it is very unlikely I will ever buy from them. It might be a small loss for them, but it adds up.

I am just asking mods to be more considerate before they decide to enforce censorship. Tell them not to use curse and bad words, but don't just cut the debate in the middle so easily. If some say this is one of the better sites, I wanna see it kept that way. Any others inputs are welcome here especially from Vicious, AnimeInMe, Pegmagician, Ka-Talliya, and Atomic Orgasm, main principles who were most affected by last three locks. If they all agree that Schultz did the right, then I'll admit that I am the wrong one.
The threads were only locked because the arguments were leading absoulutely no where. Just like Dub vs Sub threads. I have been here for a while now and in all of my time here I have never known a mod to abuse his power.
reason why Schultz locked that thread was because it was doing nothing more than breading flames... all that needed to be said was said... people who've read it can see both sides... no point in having 10 pages to that thread where people will read last few posts and start replying without even bothering reading what was said at the start etc etc....

if you want to talk about anything or nothing, as long as its not too offensive.
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
TI have been here for a while now and in all of my time here I have never known a mod to abuse his power.

Last night 's action came close to being one if not it is out right. In many threads, there is someone who say "I wonder if this might cause lock up"

Edit: What could cause this kind of general sentiment? The answer is obvious.
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
all that needed to be said was said... people who've read it can see both sides...

Absoultely right. I noticed that there were no longer any replies from Vicious and AnimeInMe, which means the thread naturally came to an end. However, it had to be locked on top of it. I call that wrong judgement.
Honestly, I could care less if they got locked or not. I got my 2 cents in, so I was happy. You're right, I was basically done posting in them anyways. I came to the realization that a certain someone is an inconsiderate idiot in need of attention. and I figure he's going to continue making his retarded posts no matter what any of us said. i had already said what I was going to say in those threads anyways and was gonna let ka-talliya, or AO say what they had to say.

I do see JJ's point in that some other noob would come by 2 months down the road, read old threads, and bring back up that crap that everyone would have forgot about by then.

I'm not gonna say if anyone was right or wrong, because I honestly don't have an opinion on it. As long as the mods are impartial and unbiased in whatever they do, it won't bother me. and I felt that JJ and Schultz were both totally impartial in those.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I came to the realization that a certain someone is an inconsiderate idiot in need of attention. and I figure he's going to continue making his retarded posts no matter what any of us said.

Exactly, it was like talking to a brick wall.

Last night 's action came close to being one if not it is out right. In many threads, there is someone who say "I wonder if this might cause lock up"

That came no where near abuse of power. Personally I think those threads should have been locked earlier if anything. Abuse would be maliciously locking threads which was not done.
some other noob would come by 2 months down the road, read old threads, and bring back up that crap that everyone would have forgot about by then.

If anything, I would think that would be the correct time to lock it. What was done was pre-emptive strike. Just the principle of easy censorship that I don't agree with.
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama

That came no where near abuse of power. Personally I think those threads should have been locked earlier if anything.

People have differnet opinions. I am pretty sure there are many others who do not agree with this. I will wait and see what others say about it. If majority agree with you, I will concede.
I think the mods had every right to lock the thread, most places I'm a member of would have actually locked it long before Schultz did. The fight seemed to be going absolutly no where, so truthfully he had every right to lock it/them.
Hey hbk101, why are you not set up to receive PM's? My Aim handle is prymetm21 . IM me if u're on.
Quote:Originally posted by pugmagician
places I'm a member of would have actually locked it long before Schultz did

As I said before, I don't like sites with busy mods. Most time, people come to senses on their own without interferences.

Quote:Originally posted by pugmagician
so truthfully he had every right to lock it/them.

Of course, he has right to lock them anytime, any thread. It says so when you sign up for the membership. I do not dispute any mods' right to lock. We all agreed to it. The question is "was it appropriate and most people happy with that?" Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't.
Hey hbk101, why are you not set up to receive PM's? My Aim handle is prymetm21 . IM me if u're on.

Any special message you wanna share that cannot be posted? That's really odd. I will active my PM.
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101
Any special message you wanna share that cannot be posted? That's really odd. I will active my PM.

No. I just wanted to know what forum you were talking about. Since you didn't seem like you wanted to say it in public. I'll say it. sundevil forums suck!!! Half of the active members there are mods. And 90% of them have no idea how to use that power nonabusively. thats why I attempted to get banned from there (similar to what Kakomu tried doing at AN) and succeeded.
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101
As I said before, I don't like sites with busy mods. Most time, people come to senses on their own without interferences.
The question is "was it appropriate and most people happy with that?" Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't.

In these particular instances things would not have fleshed themselves out. AnimeInMe wants to cause trouble. Schultz had the foresight to see that, and lock the threads.

I think that the action taken was appropriate and I am happy with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4