Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What anime or manga did you guys start with??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tenchi OVA =)
starblazers <3
I really want to see it.
My Initial post
My first anime had to be Macross (or Robotech to some, i'll always remember it as Macross) and Voltron. I was really young. When I moved to Canada I kindoff forget about anime until I got my DSL connection, after that the gates blew wide opened. I think the first anime that git me hooked was Gunnm Battle Angel.
I got into anime seriously after bothering to rent Robot Carnival.
I liked Robotech series when it was out!
The when I saw Ghost in the Shell in theaters it set off the addiction!!! :twisted:
I would have loved to see Princess Mononoke in theaters. :mrgreen:
I think I saw that in theaters but I can never remember what I've seen!!!
Ghost in the SHell set off my obsession for anime movies, Gundam on the other hand set off my addiction for anime. As for Manga I've only read a bit of lone wolf and cub but I will soon get into more manga!! :twisted:
Check out any Rumiko Takahashi stuff, including Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku. Good Manga! :mrgreen:
I've seen anime quite a few times throughout my life.
Speed Racer in the 70's
Robotech, Voltron, Starblazers, and Battle for the Planets in the 80's

The late 80's and early 90's are when I really got into anime.
My first theatrical anime was Akira in Chicago (I think it was 91 or 92).
My first Manga was Lone Wolf and Cub from First Comics followed by Kamui, Mai the Psychic Girl, and Area 88 from Viz (not even sure when that was any more).
My first treasured anime was Totoro from Fox (I still have the little promotional Totoro you could mail away for).
My first fansub was Fushigi Yuugi.
My first HK DVD was Noir (and I stayed with them anyways).
I've never seen an anime movie in theaters. It's kinda weird in America to see an anime movie. However what I think is great is how Adult Swim keeps the Japanese opening/ending theme for their anime. I was so happy when I turned on Outlaw Star and heard Akino (fill in the rest folks) singing the ending theme instead of some Sarah Something dub actor. ^_^
yeah I can't believe that they keep the openings and endings maybe that means we are one step closer to subtitled anime on tv (yeah right) by the way have you guys noticed that Inu Yasha snuck onto cartoon network personally I hate dubs but maybe some of you guys like them. 8O 8O
look at my avatar it is alive ALIVE this is great sorry I am just damn excited look at it in all of its glory 8O 8O
Pages: 1 2