Import Anime Forums

Full Version: why do some ppl like their anime dubbed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
a good comparrision i can draw with dub vs sub is

"ringu" or "the ring" which do you prefer?

let the arguement begin!
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
On second thought I am leaning more towards Pepsi right now.

But coca cola is better, and lets face it, you don't need to extra dub texts on your Pepsi can.

The original tast's better doesent it Smile Those dub waterdown things only tast good becouse your forced to drink it all the time sinds you where born, so ofcourse the original isent so tasty becouse people need time to get used to the tast Smile
I hate soda.:mad:
Quote:i think that all the dubs points have been shit (basically people are too lazy to read) and i like to argue.

How would you explain strange people like me who like to have english dub & english subtitles or dubtitles on at the same time? I'll refrain from adding in japanese / chinese dub with other subtitle combinations in at this point. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
a good comparrision i can draw with dub vs sub is

"ringu" or "the ring" which do you prefer?

let the arguement begin!

They're two completely different movies. Do shut up.

You've basically said:

Here's a Japanese apple and here's an American Apple. Which one is better? THE JAPANESE ONE IS BECAUSE IT'S JAPANESE!!!!!!1111ONEONEONEONE
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
I would really have to disagree with both of you IMHO.. I think Kenshin's English actor sounds like he is gay.. and does not do justice at all.. I couldn't even watch 5 mins of it in English.. But i do know that Kenshins japanese voice is a female.

I think my reason for liking his voice in English better is because I saw at least 6 episodes of it on CN before I bought the set. But I had always ppl tell me that his voice in Japanese was by far better, so when I got the set I tried to watch at least 10 episodes in Japanese. I hated it! I thought he was gay. I know that he was suposta be feminine, but come on. He is still a man, and having to hear that sissy ass voice made me want to kill my self. I think if I had never watched it in English, I could have loved it in Japanese.
But I guess that's why so many people argue over which is better. I wish I had a better reason to give, but it really just comes down to what you like, is what you like. There doesn't need to be any other reason given.
Now I will leave this Thread FOREVER!!!
p.s. COKE RULES Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
i only bothered with all this because i think that all the dubs points have been shit (basically people are too lazy to read)

Me being too lazy to sit there and read while watching TV was my answer to the original question. Which was what is my reason for preferring dubs. That was not an argument for dubs since this was not meant to be a sub vs. dub thread. It does seem like you like to argue. But if you're going to do that, it would help if you get your facts straight first.

It's funny how you can explain away subs as little writing at the bottom of the screen, but I'm sure if that same space was taken up by some black bar or something, you'd be complaining that the video is horrible and you can't see the entire picture. Stop rationalizing and just admit that that does alter the video from "the original form that the artist intended you to watch it as" as all you sub purists love to quote.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Me being too lazy to sit there and read while watching TV was my answer to the original question. Which was what is my reason for preferring dubs. That was not an argument for dubs since this was not meant to be a sub vs. dub thread. It does seem like you like to argue. But if you're going to do that, it would help if you get your facts straight first.

It's funny how you can explain away subs as little writing at the bottom of the screen, but I'm sure if that same space was taken up by some black bar or something, you'd be complaining that the video is horrible and you can't see the entire picture. Stop rationalizing and just admit that that does alter the video from "the original form that the artist intended you to watch it as" as all you sub purists love to quote.

There is a difference Vicious ... Those forced logo's are forced ... sub's arent ... you can turn them off (ofcourse you won't understand what is said unless you know japanese Smile ). Those forced changes will ALSO!! be there when you watch dubs ...

Also, find me a few "sub purists" that are saying "alter the video from the original form that the artist intended you to watch it as"... What?? Can't find anybody that said that? Why? Maybe becouse people are talking about AUDIO quality ...

And now close that daim topic before somebody gets hurt becouse these discussion's end up in a loop ALWAYS, and things are starting to get nasty AGAIN...

And to be honest, i'm realy starting to get fed up reading some of those IDIOTIC things that are said here (from both side's), and i'm starting to get pissed/aka getting ready to start flaming both side's here.

DUB lovers like dubs
SUB lovers like subs
Mixed lovers like dubs+subs.

END OF THE DISCUSSION FOR GOT SAKE!!!
Quote:Originally posted by Arcon
And to be honest, i'm realy starting to get fed up reading some of those IDIOTIC things that are said here (from both side's), and i'm starting to get pissed/aka getting ready to start flaming both side's here.

Thing is, no one cares. Idle threats do nothing but will make people flame you, and because you have no mod powers here, no one will take your threat seriously.
Arcon, you got 15 posts. Why are you trying to flex? I'm sure you flaming is the solution. My god. He is a genius. Flaming is the solution to every problem. Wish I was as wise as he and had thought of this earlier.

Did you read who my reply was intended for? Sanosuku said he does watch Japanese with teh subs on and he tried rationalizing it. so my argument does make sense and the video is "altered from its original form" as you purists would say. Basically all sub lovers like to defend audio changes but not video changes. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Were the subs intended to be there?? No. did the Japanese watch the video with those subs?? No. did the director even write those subs?? No. End of argument. Subs are just as bad.
ok ok, so I know i said that i was leaving this thread forever, but this is just too funny! I just have to say..............

Ding Ding Ding ARE YOU RRRREADY TO RUMBLE?????
Quote:Originally posted by meowchi
ok ok, so I know i said that i was leaving this thread forever, but this is just too funny! I just have to say..............

[B]Ding Ding Ding ARE YOU RRRREADY TO RUMBLE?????
[/B]

Glad I could provide some entertainment for you. :p

I honestly could care less if people like subs or dubs. I just don't like people coming in here spewing off idle threats. And then coming up wiht ridiculous solutions like flaming everyone. And then responding to stuff that they didn't even take the time to read entirely. Respect is earned, not given. Arcon obviously believes otherwise. I could care less about what he's said or done at AN. He hasn't earned anything in my book yet.
Glad I could provide some entertainment for you. :p

I honestly could care less if people like subs or dubs. I just don't like people coming in here spewing off idle threats. And then coming up wiht ridiculous solutions like flaming everyone. And then responding to stuff that they didn't even take the time to read entirely. Respect is earned, not given. Arcon obviously believes otherwise. I could care less about what he's said or done at AN. He hasn't earned anything in my book yet.

I understand. That's part of what I though was so funny. I think the whole sub over dub is pretty lame to be arguing about in the first place. It really should be left at "to each his own." but I don't make the rules. And people seem to really like to dog other people out and get all defensive over having different views on the subject.
**Disclaimer** all views expressed above are MHO, and are not to be taken in any way other then that. Wink
Like I was telling someone else earlier, I could care less if Sanosuke and Arcon want to go watch their Anime in Swahili with Hieroglyphic subs. It doesn't affect me none. But don't try to defend one while bashing the other. Neither is in it's "original form".
Like I was telling someone else earlier, I could care less if Sanosuke and Arcon want to go watch their Anime in Swahili with Hieroglyphic subs. It doesn't affect me none. But don't try to defend one while bashing the other. Neither is in it's "original form".

That's pretty much what I was trying to say, you just have a better way of putting it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6