E3
-spike- Wrote:God I hate the new Playstation controller, it looks like a fraking boomarang. Why cant they stick with good old dual shock.

DAMN RIGHT! That thing looks horrible and as bad as it may sound the controller design alone has given me reason to pass completely on PS3. X-Box 360 is of no intrest since the I rarely use the original X-Box and unless the Nintedo system comes out with some AMAZING games ill pass on that as well. Nothing about the next generation of consoles seems all that impressive to me personally just another way to suck money out of peoples pockets. Sony really made a disapointing design though and every comment ive read has been negative regarding it with the exception of one.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I would have to cast my vote into, not so impressed with any of the new generation consoles since the days of game systems out doing the PCs are way over...

doesnt matter how much power they throw into these new generation consoles, the games themselfs can only look and run at a finite number... that finite number has been archived with plenty of current and even 2 year old PC games... (granted I am talking about if you have a good PC and video card, not a 486DX2-66)

as for the PS2 selling for 800-1000, its true, thats not the MSRP but the first wave of PS2s sold out fast, so the ebay price for PS2s was that much... I even seen a "Brand New PS2 BOX" sell for 500 dollars, and the buyer was pretty pissed off when he got a "Brand new PS2 BOX (without anything inside)"

If i had to choose between the 2, PS2 or Xbox 360, I would have to go with the Xbox, since I like what i am hearing about the media center capabilities, cause the Modded Xbox I have is super cool, streaming audio and video off the net, music, videos via CDs home network etc etc... its amazing what u can do with the original Xbox, I cant wait to see the mods that happen to the new xbox (i hope they will) but even if they dont, it still sounds like they will put alot of effort into that part of the system.

so in conclusion, my decision to buy the next gen system wont be on who got more power or who got more games, or better looking games (I vote for PC any day) but for the media center portion.
I will have to agree with you here on the media center aspect of it.. the xbox is perfect for that.. But i also play the Xbox more for emulation capabilities. And yes i do know what E3 is.. ANd yes i have known what the Ps3 and Xbox 360 was going to have it in long ago i am always interested in what is coming. But to me depending on the price point i can't wait to grab a revolution and get old games. I play them more then newer games since they are still fun.. enjoyable.. instead of well i just completed this in 6 hours.. Nothing more let it collect dust now. New games IMHO have NO replay value.

So far even i am a big nintendo fan but in the end my Xbox gets used the most (not playing games) but actually watching downloaded media or dvd's and such.. Since its easy to carry around + i have a 300g harddrive to store everything on it. So don't have to carry all your media around.
Dunno why anyone with a decent pc would buy hl2 for the xbox. The game itself isn't worth it to buy to me. It's pretty decent, but I bought it for CS and DoD. (when the damn game finally comes out)

If he was dumb enough to pay 800 for it then he didn't buy it in a store, he probably bought it off ebay or something like JJ said. Those people are either stupid or $800 is nothing to them.

And the gameplay opportunities for the next gen consoles really excites me. Gonna be able tp make a lotta games that were impossible before or played like crap because of limitations.
This is all part of nintendos lull i guess.In my case I think alot has to do with piracy.Thats why i stopped.My games collection was getting real big and i would really put the time into playing and finishing any.
My xbox has been mainly used as a media device now as well.But then ive been in a non gaming mood up untill lately when i got my psp.I tend to do that stop playing games and watch anime and movies for months then change to the other.
Allthough the xbox360 has heaps of built in media capabilities i dont like the idea of having to stream from a pc.It would be nice if it has divx as well.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Actually Cidien Live outta the box is mis-leading.. Right now Xbox is "Live enabled" outta the box because yuo can hook up and get onto live just gotta create an account.. here is the "two" versions for xbox live

* The free Xbox Live 'Silver' level will include Xbox Live Marketplace to download demos and trailers along with new game levels, maps, weapons, vehicles, skins, classic arcade games, card and board games, community-created content, and more to the detachable Xbox 360 hard drive. Players can also voice chat with friends as well as send and receive text and voice messages.
* The paid Xbox Live 'Gold' subscription will add online multiplayer gaming, online tournaments, Spectator Mode (example: watch a PGR3 race) and exclusive, original programming.
i have been watching tech tv and i saw that the game killzone 2 for the ps3 is not pre rendered it's in game and HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if ps3 is capable of that then xbox better watch out cus they are calling it the next Halo killer and it's easy to see why. I think hl2 is a Halo killer cept that it was on cpu first which is where it should be. High end fps have no place on any consol in my oppinion. Though the new systems may change that
Cyrus
A tried and true statement in the gaming world...
Gameplay beats graphics every time. We are at the point were great graphics no longer make a best seller. Now it is about the gameplay and story. Take a look at Animal Crossing. The graphics in that game are laughable, but the game play is so addicting that it sucks people in for months at a time. If it had been online that game would have been crack killing if not EQ2 like time consuming.

I love the new stuff at E3, but as Schultz has said (and shown me through e-mails) the specs for the Xbox 360 and PS3 have been on the net for a while. And in the end it doesn't matter how great a systems specs are it's how good the games are.

Finally Backwards capablity that is a must any more and may be Xbox 360's biggest problem. When the PS2 hit the market there weren't any good let alone great games avaliable at launch. MGS:2 didn't hit the stores for months later. What was every one playing PS1 games. Having Backwards capablity opens a huge library of games that gamers have at thier finger tips. It makes for that lul time in between change over from old to new games easier to accept. The only company to have a great game at launch is The Big "N". Hell how many of us bought the N64 just for Mario 64. And the launch of Gamecube games was way better than the launch of PS2 games.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
http://www.peliplaneetta.net/tiedostot/p...inta/5189/

You can download a video of that game of the ps3. Pretty awesome i might add..
Being a nintendo fanboy Ill buy the revolution, itll have better graphics and I might as well anyway. I think sony and microsoft look real good right now but it all comes down to whether or not they deliver. Just remember that the ps2 at e3 was showing off the emotion processor and had it looking righteous and its launch titles look like shit. Backwards compatibility is very important, I dont want to have to keep my old system!!
The ps3 and 360 have the potential for greatness its all on the developers now. The gb micro is pointless I dont know why they did that! I like the 360 controller but the boomerang ps3 is looking a little large. Has anyone thought about security. When ps3 lauches there will be bluetooth connectivity between ps3 and psp, I can only imagine the horror if a hacker is lucky enough to get in. Sony can not sell the ps3 for less than $350, on launch unless they want to go bankrupt and dont expect a price drop on the ps3 for at least 2 years. What does everyone think of killzone 2 and zelda?
Don't read any of this bs'ed crap I wrote. I just want everyone to understand that by the time any of these systems are released, they WILL be lo-tech. Well, maybe middle-tech, but not for long.

hmm, let's see Revolution and Xbox 360 use Ati GPUs (eww BAD) and Sony was the smart one of the bunch this time and signed up Nvidia to make their GPU (yaa GOOD). Now, considering my newest and only console I own is my trusty Dreamcast, I don't really know much about consoles. But, I do know I'm a sexy little Nvidia fanboy- aww man my fingers hurt. too much tying I guess. Well yeah when it comes down to it, these next gen consoles are like players in a quake match. Sony is thzat one guy on the server who always seems to beat everybody by a mile, M$ is the kid in second place who kills ppl when they're AFK, and Nintendo is that guy everybody Frags. besides, Sony is Japanese for "God". You wouldn't wanna anger him by buying the evil monopolizing bastards' system now do you? Wow, you know this has to be the most I've typed all month. Well, they all still get owned by PCs anway so why bother? There's no way Quake 4 is gonna look the same on the 360 as on the PC. Doom 3 required at least a 512 mb Sli hook-up to be able to load there IN-DOOR maps in ultra high detail. To do that with Q4 your gonna need to hook up a 1024mb SLi hook-up. which in six months it will be just under a grand. Haha, Russians.

I was a little too lazy to check this for grammer or spelling so I'm sorry if it pissed some of you off. There's always one

Edit: Totally raped that No console vs. console threads rule
He he... who needs a signature when you got such a cute ass kitty avatar.

I think I'll call him McGuffin
Schultz Wrote:Actually Cidien Live outta the box is mis-leading.. Right now Xbox is "Live enabled" outta the box because yuo can hook up and get onto live just gotta create an account.. here is the "two" versions for xbox live

* The free Xbox Live 'Silver' level will include Xbox Live Marketplace to download demos and trailers along with new game levels, maps, weapons, vehicles, skins, classic arcade games, card and board games, community-created content, and more to the detachable Xbox 360 hard drive. Players can also voice chat with friends as well as send and receive text and voice messages.
* The paid Xbox Live 'Gold' subscription will add online multiplayer gaming, online tournaments, Spectator Mode (example: watch a PGR3 race) and exclusive, original programming.

Didn't know that. That kinda sucks, but it's still pretty cool. Better than what they are doing now. It at least encourages people to use it more now.
Cyrus Wrote:i have been watching tech tv and i saw that the game killzone 2 for the ps3 is not pre rendered it's in game and HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if ps3 is capable of that then xbox better watch out cus they are calling it the next Halo killer and it's easy to see why. I think hl2 is a Halo killer cept that it was on cpu first which is where it should be. High end fps have no place on any consol in my oppinion. Though the new systems may change that

HL2 is not a halo killer in any way shape or form. To do that they would would have to have great multiplayer for the box. HL2 has crappy multiplayer except for CS and when it comes out DoD is expected to rock. It's the same as HL1. The game is pretty cool, the multiplayer sucks and the multiplayers mods rock. Plus I think Halo's single player game is way way way better than half life 2, plus you can play co-op in halo. Killzone looks incredible though. I can't wait to see Halo 3 screens. Big Grin

"A tried and true statement in the gaming world...
Gameplay beats graphics every time."

Why do so many people assume gameplay is going to turn to crap with the new systems because they have awesome graphics? Because of the new graphics and power there are new opportunities for kickass gameplay all over the place. Look at oblivion. You're literally going to be able to travel to anywhere in the world you can see off in the distance. They're finally going to be able to make an awesome fable if they want with everything they claimed fable was supposed to have with no limitations. You're right it's gameplay that matters, but with the new power comes new exciting gameplay options I can't wait to get into my hands. Example, how many of you think San Andreas is an amazing game? Even if you don't personally like that kind of game, it is amazing and a great game. You sure as hell can't make a game like that with a ps1.

"Finally Backwards capablity that is a must any more and may be Xbox 360's biggest problem."

Xbox 360 is going to be backwards compatible isn't it? I thought they all are.

Also, PC's cost more if you want a great machine and when new games come out you need to update them often. Consoles you get what you get and every game that comes out works perfectly. They also don't have compatability or install problems which can be a huge pain in the ass every once in a while. Consoles are very very nice. Plus, many games play better on a console than on a computer. Pretty much anything mario is a good example.
Just watched that killzone movie. Holy crap. If anyone can't tell the difference between current consoles and next gen consoles after watching that I sure as hell hope you don't work anywhere that attention to detail is important. Or anywhere that you need to use your brain at all.
Yeah im lapping up thet killzone clip but funily enough while its the power that wows me it not that much graphicly.I wonder how much of that style of gameplay can now be acheived.The ai,physics and animation of the characters.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-E3 / geo85 13 7,459 06-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Schultz
  And E3 unofficially begins... Blight 46 19,445 05-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Last Post: geo85
  PlayStation 3 to be unveiled before E3 Last Exile 9 4,850 02-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Last Post: wrxh8r
  Upcoming Games/Hardware (post E3) SirChico 5 3,560 06-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Last Exile
  E3 2004 (now) Last Exile 12 5,540 05-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BobDoleX
  E3 2004 Last Exile 5 3,638 03-11-2004, 06:24 AM
Last Post: rav96
  Doom 3 version 0.02 E3 alpha leak JunkieJoe 6 3,695 06-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Last Post: kakomu
  E3: Most Anticipated Game - Halo 2 (XBOX) Duragon 6 4,264 05-09-2003, 07:03 AM
Last Post: OptimisticOx