Street Fighter Collection
I'd get this game, but I've already played SFIII: Third Strike to death on the DC. My brother and I both have no interest in playing it again, otherwise the SF Collection does sound quite delectable. It would've been nice if Capcom had kept the original SFII games in their original forms, though.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
Unfortunately I missed out on 3rd Strike for DC. I do have Double Impact for DC, but I have to say, 3rd Strike takes the cake. Cool
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
My experience with the Street Fighter games came from the arcade and from the version that was released on the 3DO. You all remember playing the button mashing fighting games till your fingers hurt?
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Yes Mantis those were the days. The one on 3DO was Super Street Fighter II Turbo, the first game with Akkuma, I remember I bought a 3DO because of this game.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I think the 3DO version was the first one I remember playing that had the blond female comando in it. Blanka and Sagat were my favs to use. I hated playing against anyone who got to good at using Vega though
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
I still have that old 3DO version. It was a damn nice version and still is despite the 3DO controller.

I finally got SFCollection in the mail today. Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary is too sweet! So much old school goodness compacted into 1 game. I already have 3rd Strike on DC, so I haven't played that too much. I'm very surprised that 3rd Strike looks this good on PS2. It looks identical to the DC version. The DC version had better (louder) sound though.

I just got through watching the Chun-Li vs. Vega fight on the animated movie...one of my most favorite anime fights. I think my VHS copy looks better than the one on this disc though. Still I'm REAL happy with this collection.

EDIT: Is it just me, or is Ken and Ryu's Dragon Uppercut near impossible to get out evey time using the normal SFII version?

EDIT2: Haha, Mantis, you would hate my Vega. Big Grin
Robojack Wrote:I'd get this game, but I've already played SFIII: Third Strike to death on the DC. My brother and I both have no interest in playing it again, otherwise the SF Collection does sound quite delectable. It would've been nice if Capcom had kept the original SFII games in their original forms, though.
If you are lucky you can find 'street fighter collection vol. 1 and 2' for the PSone and they have the original versions. Vol. 1 has super SFII and super SFII turbo on one disc and SF Alpha 2 gold on the other disc. Vol. 2 has SFII, SFII champion edition, and SFII hyperfighting. I have the first collection and still am looking for vol. 2.

and in regards to SFIII third strike, I also played it a lot on the DC, but somehow it is way better on the PS2.
I'd rather play Guilty Gear XX over SFIII: Third Strike anyday. For some reason, SFIII's battle system is just not as flexible as GGXX's, plus GGXX's high-res graphics are also easier on the eyes. I'll save my money for GG Isuka.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
My friends and I downloaded Isuka two days ago, and damn its pretty. However the gameplay in GuiltyGear is still a poor-man's Capcom and SNK play dynamics. Its still sweet pulling some of those supers, because damn they look pretty. Playing it on a HD TV helps the visuals too. Street Fighter Collection 1 and 2 looked and played sooooo much better on the Saturn than the ram-challenged versions on the PSone.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!