What is your favorite anime?
yes, I am just starting to feel the whole of the effects, to the point of where when I dont have one piece to watch I jump around prettending that my arms can extend :mrgreen: jk.
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
The show will cripple your mental integrity fast. I love it. :mrgreen:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
yes, I love anime, its like drugs with out the worst side effects. :mrgreen:
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......

It will give you a nasty case of withdrawl if you don't see new episodes. It is just as bad as Berserk, maybe worse. :|
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
yeah, like heroin, except without the needles. :mrgreen:

Quote:Originally posted by "kakoi_sugoi_yama"

Have you Bebop fans seen where Bebop came from yet? Just so you know it is Lupin the III. The creator Shinichiro Watanabe even admited to using some of it's style. Why do you think Spike legs are so long? He is modeled completely after Lupin (with updated style) same with Jet (Jigen) and Faye (Fujiko) these stories are very similar. Watch Lupin, and you'll see it is a better story that Cowboy Bebop stole (and did really well). There is always something better out there. Keep your eyes open, and you'll find it.

I'm a very big Lupin fan. And I don't doubt that Bebop stole designs off them. There are actually alot of little things in Bebop if you look for them. I read my anime guides for Bebop and it tells you all sorts of crazy stuff.

I'm sure you guys realized that the 2 characters in the first episode are based off of Antonio Banderas and Selma Hayek from Desperado.
And that the tall black guy in episode 2 is based off of Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the Bruce Lee movie.
And that Spike uses Jeet Kune Do which is Bruce Lees fighting style.
Or that the 3 bad guys at the beginning of the Waltz for Venus episodes are named Huey, Dewey and Louie which is based off of cartoon characters.
Or that the Toys in the Attic episode is based off of alot of sci fi movies. Like the captains log at the beginning is off of Star Trek and the music at the end is based on 2001: A Space Odyssey and that most of the rest of the episode is based on Aliens.
Or less known stuff like the hermaphrodite guy Gren in the Jupiter Jazz episode is directly stolen off of the Macross Plus novel where theres a hermaphrodite named Gren.

Bebop has never made any pretenses saying they're completely original. But I still think Bebop does a better job overall than Lupin. And trust me, I love Lupin, so I'm not biased.
wow! thats more info than I could muster. now I know you deserve the title of Vicious :mrgreen:

I'm just saying that the characters are based from Monkey Punches characters. Stolen is an ugly word. So I'll say omage. Watanabe loves Lupin it is probably his favorite thing on the planet. Another Lupin character in the show Excel Saga the character Nabeshin is "Lupin". I never said it was a bad thing to copy Lupin. I really love Bebop, it just isn't my top show at the time. :mrgreen:
I didn't mean it like that. I didn't mean stolen in a bad way. I thought Kenshin was really good and was actually really close to Bebop for me until they started that third season. It would've been perfect if they had ended it after the Kyoto arc rather than trying to milk it for another 30 some episodes.
At least most animes have a definite end, and begining. That is my biggest complaint about every thing american it dosen't end it just gets cancelled. :mrgreen:
yeah, well with american cartoons you really cant expect an ending because in most series the episodes aren't even strung together with a story.

and that is awful. They don't believe that american kids can follow an ongoing story. They automatically assume that children don't have what it takes to follow a story that goes on for more that three episodes. That is pathetic. Confusedweatdrop:
Well, also, if you throw in movies and not just series I'd have to say Grave of the Fireflies (I know, it's cliche) is tied with Bebop for my top anime.

Alright, another quick question. I don't have time to tackle two gigantic series right now, so do you guys think One Piece or Hikaru no Go?
o-('-')-o HuG
|)0Y: 1337 5p34k 4n0nyM0u5
I think Grave of the Fireflies far surpassed Bebop. That was the most touching piece of cinema I think I have ever seen.

Do you want to give me an aneurism Vance?! Hikaru no Go and One Piece are my two current favorite shows! It depends on what your looking for. Both are two of the best things that you can get right now. Just let me know what you are looking for, and I can tell you which to go with. Although it will be very very hard! :mrgreen:
yeah, I think that grave of the fireflies did play on my emotions much more but it was kind of sad and depressing wheras bebop(not being so uplifting as well) had everything.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 10 favorite Anime series Steve_the_Talking_Pie 101 36,119 10-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Mot_Soldats
  Top Ten Favorite Anime Opening Theme Songs!!!!! Kiruyuki 17 8,076 08-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Last Post: hbk101
  ONE And Only Favorite Anime Character! DARK OSAMU 54 19,858 01-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Spawn of Loki
  Favorite anime villian? Olegoldeneyes 43 16,610 12-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Last Post: katherine_jean
  Favorite Anime Hero? Ryo of Inferno 39 13,993 11-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Last Post: rav96
  Favorite Anime Soundtrack +Pepsidude+ 17 7,053 11-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Ryujin
  Which are your favorite animes? Sora 40 13,273 11-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Last Post: ouijaouija
  My favorite anime is Fist of the north star buffgod 11 5,698 05-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Last Post: buffgod
  Favorite Anime bonafide1109 25 8,489 10-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Shibo
  If you could pick just one anime that is your favorite- puzzleguy 21 7,923 09-15-2003, 06:27 AM
Last Post: DARK OSAMU