We need to talk about this.....
I know this dosen't pertain to anime, but this is the best place for it. None of you have talked about this yet so I take it you might not know, and I think it to be very big news. Squaresoft and Enix the two biggest RPG companies of all time have MERGED! To form a new company known as SquareEnix. What does this mean? More awesome games. We could be playing a final fantasy/dragon quest cross over in a few years. Also more on the gaming front Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for (of course) the gameboy advance is do out in quarter 2 of 2003! Now is a very good time for gamers (I know through other conversations most of us here are some-what). So what do you guys think of all this great news? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
SquareSoft merged with EA Games a few years ago... so dont pay too much attention to it... u will still see Final Fantasy XXXIII when u are an old man ;p
There are more Final Fantasy that Anal Avenger movies. :mrgreen:

Seriously though the Square franchises won't change much if at all. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
The Squaresoft / Enix merger is already in dire trouble. It's because Squaresoft was selling itself TO Enix, and not the other way around - so for every 1 share of Enix, there was like .8462 shares of Squaresoft. They're working it out in court, but I don't know if it's going to work or not.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
But the thing about it.. On the books it looks like Enix is buying squre.. But in the actually transition all the Top Square people are going to be running the new company not Enix's so that is good things. Also the Merger with EA and square was more EA did the marketting of the games.. really nothing more.. EA has done this with alot of other companys.. Origin (Ultima Series witch EA killed and fired the creator of it), and Maxis just to name a couple but there are more..Also the one thing i can't wait for is Final Fantasy back on Nintendo which is in the works.. can't wait.. I see a good future for this new company.
Just as long as they don't try to make another movie. Dragon Quest 8 looks amazing! So close to toriyama's original work (they are using cell shading techniques). Square did approch Enix and asked to merge. Lots of people think it was the other way around. I do think that now we will see more of Enix's games that they were afraid to bring here. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
hey i loved the Final Fantasy movie. ;o) But yes hopefully we will start seeing some more games coming from them.
EA bought up that 4-player fight game called Thrill Kill, and then axed it due to the "decencey" of the game. Bastards!!!! It would have been a lot of fun at parties. Sad

You can download a playable version for the pc of TK. My friends brother did it and said it was pretty fun. Sadly I don't know where to go to download it. Confusedweatdrop: Sad
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
I think the Final Fantasy movie is visually stunning, and that everyone should see it. I thought the actual movie was a tad mediocre though. I just hope they don't make any more movies so they can try to recover a little from all the money they have lost. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I'll look for it Osamu. If I can find it, I'll let you know. Right now, my computer is too shitty to run anything. :mrgreen:

Yeah I still can't play WarCraft3 until i get Win XP. Dammit! Why could my 4yr old pc BARELY run it and then I go make a 2nd pc and it won't play!?!?! Because Win2000prof. is not FREAKIN' COMPATIBLE!! Bastards!
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
War Craft 3. :mrgreen: I hear it's nuts. I played the 2nd to death. Beat both campaigns. :mrgreen:

Star Craft 2 is in the works!

When you beat WC3 on hardmode you see SC2 on WC3s engine!
Have yet to do it but my friend saw it and it's also mentioned at blizzards home site. I can't wait! WC3 makes SC look like a Nintendo game.
Star Craft on N64 wwas so shitty. :?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We need something New to Talk About Batz Kage 32 12,616 06-21-2003, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Batz Kage