Episode problem in Cowboy Bebop Perfect Collection MAC?
Hey, I got the MAC version of Bebop Perfect Collections, and I absolutely love it.

Except for one problem - one episode (15 i think... It's My Funny Valentine) starts chugging on my DVD player near the middle of the episode. If I skip over that one part, it's ok for the rest of the episode. I thought that maybe my DVD player was the problem, but when I tried loading it up on my comp's DVD drive, ALL of that episode wouldn't run.

Is this a normal occurrence in either the MAC bebop set or HK dvd sets in general? It's not worth exchanging over, I don't think. Just wonderin'

Thanks for your time, guys.

Hey..I just got the FX Cowboy Bebop set ((which is the same as yours except without the cool designs on the inside as MAC rips FX for the most part..)) anyways yeah this was two days ago..but it did the same exact thing for me! Note: I use my PS2 for my DVDs for the most part anyways..yeah it may be just that the PS2 (if you are using the PS2) has trouble reading th at..they have been known to do stuff like this on certain disks. I have yet to try it out on my computer or in the normal stand-alone DVD player in the main room.
Take care,
~Todd
~Deep Inside My Happiness There Is Sadness Yearning To Burst
This sounds absolutely retarded but have you tried cleaning the disc or blowing any dust in your player. That works for me when the disc starts grinding in my player. :wink:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection

He is right..for some odd reason the PS2 messes up on a part of this episode. ((well then again are you even using a PS2 flamingsheep?)) Well anyways, I tested it out on my stand alone DVD player and my computer DVD player..it works perfect. However, no matter what my PS2 becomes a littly glitchy on that little part. Then again, maybe I need to clean mine or something as it keeps getting "glitchy" on my Ceres Celestial Legend set. Hmm..who knows..but PS2 DVD players seem a bit shifty to me..lol
Take care,
~Todd
The playstation DVD driver has known problems with it.. if you get the latest remote that they have out it comes with updated drivers to put onto your PS2.. But they don't off those for free you gotta buy the stupid remote to be able to update them. Unless you have a freiend that has one..
It still makes the DVD player a piece of shit. Buy a cheap DVD player from a nearby store - I got a General Electric DVD player for like $50 and it runs HKs and VCDs like a charm.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
I bought my Pioneer DV-333 2 years ago and it's still kicking it. It was worth the $180. It plays everything I toss at it except for Karte HK. Not sure why. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Because it doesn't love you, Steve.
Yea, I tried cleaning the dust off...

And no, I don't have a PS2 Sad

Hrmm... So perhaps I'm alone in this problem. That's ok, it's perhaps a minute of footage I have to skip (but annoying, cuz I have to skip over to the next track, then backtrack to that point, or else the DVD hangs up).

Thanks guys for the input.
What kind of DVD player is it? Model? Year number?

It could be a problem with the DVD player itself. Have a friend test it in their player, or in a computer DVD player.
It's a Sony... if it helps, it can't read CDRs either, but it can read retail VCDs

I tried it on *my* computer, but that DVD rom is older than my DVD player (3 years?)

It's strange, because on the PC only that episode doesn't work... it actually crashes my DVD program. The other eps work fine.

Hmm..Sony players are shifty. *nods* Just kidding. Wellllll-you see my good friend Erin has a Sony DVD player and it does that as well..on Cowboy Bebop..I do not know..haven't let her borrow it yet. ((she is still watching the Weiss Kreuz set I lended her.)) but anyways..it started to skip a lot on one certain episode and then the player would just turn off but once we found the remote and fast foward over that part then it was fine. Yep..Sony is going downhill. *nod*nod*
Take care,
~Todd
Sony makes good audio products, but anything Video they make is downhill.
My parents Samsung DVD/VCR combo is amazing. It played my Karte DVD fine. Wow, that's dirty. I didn't watch it with them if that helps. :mrgreen:

Our main player in the main room and Tv is really good; it's a samsung. It is not a super expensive high-end brand but its performace is very good!
~Todd