New import packaging for reviews.
Do any of the review pages ever get updated with the newest packaging images and boxes? I was unable to find a review for the Sailor Moon season imports I just bought and I'm not even sure who made these ones or if they're just re-released MAC versions. (I can't find a logo anywhere on the box or DVDs.)

Same with the Cardcaptor Sakura import reviews, there's new packaging and it's very confusing trying to figure out which one you have or are trying to order.

:confused:
beans_etc Wrote:Do any of the review pages ever get updated with the newest packaging images and boxes? I was unable to find a review for the Sailor Moon season imports I just bought and I'm not even sure who made these ones or if they're just re-released MAC versions. (I can't find a logo anywhere on the box or DVDs.)

Same with the Cardcaptor Sakura import reviews, there's new packaging and it's very confusing trying to figure out which one you have or are trying to order.

:confused:

We used to update packaging and such as JunkieJoe would get new items and things changed. But since JunkieJoe got arrested and no longer sells new dvds. It's kinda up to site users to inform us of new packaging and such. but since the store has been gone. Not to many people visit the site anymore.
That's too bad, because I personally think this site is awesome. I spent two straight weeks trying to find information and reviews on different import releases before I settled on making a purchase from shopanimedvd.com and for the life of me there's nothing out there (some how I managed to completely miss import-anime.com in my mad search, the anime gods hate me I think.) About the only information about bootlegs you can find on the web are warnings about them and how to avoid buying them and legal notices.

I understand that imports are illegal copies. I get it. But let's face the truth that people buy them anyway, and will probably continue to do so as long as they remain a cheaper (and in some cases easier to obtain, as in the case of out of print series') alternative and are so bountiful on places like eBay. Import-anime.com has been the only place so far that I've been able to find reviews or any sort of large-scale positive talk about imports, and I think the site is very valuable, even without the store.

Anyway, good job with the site, and I hope it grows~