wow already small issues with ps3
Wow as people have read there are already problems with ps1 and ps2 games on the ps3. I can figure that some games might have some issues with anything new. But sony's own Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy's on both the ps1 and ps2 having issues. I would figure sony would test at least a majority of there more popular franchise titles. I can understand no name off the wall type games. but those.. heh Well at least all the consoles have internet possible connections for easy updates.

But at least Sony has true hardware backwards compatabily instead of Microsofts stupid method for backwards compatabily that still is like crap.
I'm sure sony will fix that. I'd be sad if the ps3 had problems like the xbox. I need to get rid of some of these systems lol.
Bah, it's only a small batch to fix anyways. There are less than a million worldwide at the moment. It's a shortage on Sony's part, the US is the country with the most PS3s with I think 400,000 if I'm not mistaken.
Yea but Sony should of done any time of QA with this as they make this a big selling point. Also Microsoft stated there backwards compatablility was through profiles and that they woruld work at getting the major games working.

Sony can't even do that right on release when they say its fully.

Also there is less then that.. they are prediciting 1million by end of december.

i think US only got like 190,000 consoles. GameStop and them couldn't even fill there pre-orders.
You're really looking for problems here. 200 out of 7.500 games had problems and they're fixing it already. Ps3 has the ps2 and ps hardware built in.

Also, and I think you'll like this Schultz, the linux software on the ps3 is already running mame, snes, nes etc. emulators and roms. Also you can swap the HD for any standard harddrive. 200 Gb ps3's full with emulators. Yeah baby!

And about the shortage, there are already reports of new shipments coming in. I think they held back the launch units a bit to be able to re-supply in a week. 360's problem was it took them months in some cases to deliver the second batch. But yeah, the numbers are not spectacular.
Elcoholic Wrote:Also, and I think you'll like this Schultz, the linux software on the ps3 is already running mame, snes, nes etc. emulators and roms. Also you can swap the HD for any standard harddrive. 200 Gb ps3's full with emulators. Yeah baby!

Wow is that out of the box? Or is some mod chip needed or something? Thats one of my main reasons for using my modded xbox.
Yup, right out of the box. It has linux installed on it so anything that works on linux is supposed to work on the ps3. Sony is very supporting of homebrew this time arround it seems. I guess they learned from the psp that it can't be stopped.

I think Schultz also has a modded xbox for the emulators so that's why I mentioned it.
yea i have a Xbox modded for Emulators. But the thing i want to know is how responsive is the Emulators running in linux are they like a regular PC if so then i doubt i would care. Thats why i couldn't stand using PC emulators because the controllers never seemed as responsive as Consoles. And that is why i like running the emulators on the Xbox they just as responsive as the regular consoles.

But the problem is that some of the #1 games for the PS and PS2 are not working.. Who cares about the other 6000 POS games that are out for the Ps1 and Ps2 since a ton of Playstations games are fucking garbage anyways. If you can't get the top games working then you really didn't do much QA check on your shit.
The homebrew possibilties are getting me excited now. I am definately not going to get an xbox360 now. Also just read that Beatmania seems to not have any compatibility problems and I love and still have that game!
gubi-gubi Wrote:The homebrew possibilties are getting me excited now. I am definately not going to get an xbox360 now. Also just read that Beatmania seems to not have any compatibility problems and I love and still have that game!
yea but there are only so many possibilties. No offense but i don't really need another console to do all the emulation that my current modded xbox does. Or if i really needed a portable i could do that with my PSP. Don't really need a $600 console for that. Also we will see where linux goes. THey had Linux running on the Ps1 and also they had a Linux kit for the Ps2 none of it went anywhere so i doubt that this one will go anywhere either.
Schultz Wrote:yea but there are only so many possibilties. No offense but i don't really need another console to do all the emulation that my current modded xbox does. Or if i really needed a portable i could do that with my PSP. Don't really need a $600 console for that. Also we will see where linux goes. THey had Linux running on the Ps1 and also they had a Linux kit for the Ps2 none of it went anywhere so i doubt that this one will go anywhere either.

So I take it you won't buy any virtual console games then? Every company is trying to sell those games and it free on ps3. I see it as a definete plus. Maybe not for you cause you already have one but I like it.

I also just read a guy got windows xp to work through the linux kit on it. Its supposed to be a pretty extensive version of linux with alot of supporting software. Nothing like the ps2 stuff.
Ps2 linux required investment. Ps3 is free. Get a ps3 networked with a xbmc style startup, dvr and emulators and ill be happy. I bet this helps sony with labeling it a computer in europe as well.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
my gosh PS3 is a behemoth console almost reminded me of the first time i saw an xBox my friend bought one on import and its sweet though i agree with Schultz the major franchises should have been checked for backward compatibility long ago

i have linux running on my Xbox and XBMC etc and loads of emulators i love my Xbox for that but i still LUUUUUURVE MY DreamCast though i must admit its been an age since i played on it or my ps2 and gamecube...about the only thing i play is my xbox and thats only for XBMC ... D'oh seems like i need to get my Game back ON Wink hehehe
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/