Iron Mans not drunk he's high!!!
Well I have been eagerly awaiting any news on the supposed Iron man movie for about 3 years now, so now we know, it's scheduled for may 2008 and get this Robert Downy JR is playing Mr stark. Honestly I kind of like the idea, give em a goatee and I think he could pull it off, you need to keep in mind that stark when out of his armor is usually an ass and a wuss (Dont frett I am a fan as well but its true).
I'd rather cruise got the role than downy. =/
Cidien Wrote:I'd rather cruise got the role than downy. =/

TOM Cruise? No, he needs to be speed in a speed racer movie. Screw that weird ass.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
In all honesty I hope the speed production crashes and burns whoever thought of destroying something that only worked as a 60s cartoon with (your all going to hell you bastards Hollywood) should be shot in the ass twice.
geo85 Wrote:In all honesty I hope the speed production crashes and burns whoever thought of destroying something that only worked as a 60s cartoon with (your all going to hell you bastards Hollywood) should be shot in the ass twice.

Um, I made that shit up man...
Actually if you made that up then your psychic cause theyre making one is scheduled for 2008. Look on imdb
Blight Wrote:TOM Cruise? No, he needs to be speed in a speed racer movie. Screw that weird ass.

I think Cruise fits the character perfect! Who else could portray a pompus, pretty boy who is in love with himself than someone who already thinks that way. Cruise is everything, but the drunk.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
geo85 Wrote:Actually if you made that up then your psychic cause theyre making one is scheduled for 2008. Look on imdb

I have powers...of super persons.:eek: :p
Aside from not looking the ass as much as Cruise, Downey has experience and real insight into starks most important characteristic, his addiction. Aside from the fact that I like Downey a hell of a lot more than (crazy Cruise) and Downey is a more talented actor.
Cruise as a person is quite insane. However, I think he's an extremely talented actor. Not that robert isn't, I just think cruise would fit the role of stark better. Not to mention I think he would make a better looking stark.
One think i'm worried about atm with the movie is he's going to discover how to make and use the armor at the end and use it for like 5 minutes. That would blow. However, i'm starting to expect that kinda crap...
To be honest, I don't really like either. Depending on the tone of the movie, we might need a yonger look Mr. Stark here. And Ciden, now that I think about it, you might have raised a a rather stark (OMG...I used a pun) point. That would be a lame ass movie if he isn't in the suit for at least half of the story.
They are already planning war machine so they will probably introduce the armor early or right away so that stark call fall into his addiction and war machine can play an important role or at least thats what they say.

Stark never looked young so either actor looks the age, neither of them have the suave arrogant stark look but downey fits it better imo:o .

The biggest problem marvel movies face is wanting to cram too much into the movie, look at spiderman they focused only on the most important aspects of his origin, same with s2, trying to cram a ton of crap into the movie will kill. Like x3, with x1 and 2 they introduced and focused only on the characters and story that mattered, then with x3 they focused on all the crap that did
mean a thing.

This is also going to be the first marvel movie that they will produce alone without outside studios.
I don?t know much about Iron-man. I know what the war machine suit looks like, but other than that, I know nothing about that either. Too lazy to look it up. Somebody give me the short and narrow please.