Ghost In The Shell Timeline?
Just wondering how it went ... The first movie , Mokoto dissapears into the net , the Second movie batou finishes the case off himselve with the major showing up in a different form through the net , and then the 2 tv series where its like she never left?
can anyone put the timeline with some facts together? thanks in advance!!!
A matter of Life and Death You Try to Fight For Breath I Snatch Your Heart With A Slice Through Your Chest Who's The Best???
Ghost In The Shell has two timelines: one for the movies and one for the stand alone complex series. I don't know where the new movie will fit in though.
Oh really I never did figure that one out!
well if anyone knows a real good G.I.T.S. fansite with all types of reviews and info could you plz post it. Thanks in advance!
A matter of Life and Death You Try to Fight For Breath I Snatch Your Heart With A Slice Through Your Chest Who's The Best???
I never really understood seperate timelines for it. Why not just say the movies come after the series? Havn't finished the second series yet though. There something in there that makes it so the movies can't just come after the series?
I didn't think there was something that makes an alternative timeline the only option.

Just saying the movies come after the series would do I think, anyway the alternative timeline thingy is something I picked up from one of the press releases.
When the first movie was made, it did not follow the original story, and the Major died, even though the manga was still going. So the movie was not considered canonical to the actual story.

That's why it's considered part of an alternative timeline.
Quote:When the first movie was made, it did not follow the original story, and the Major died, even though the manga was still going. So the movie was not considered canonical to the actual story.

That's why it's considered part of an alternative timeline.

So that was the reason (I forgot it). Thanks Psygnius.
Erm, the Major did not die in the first movie! Where do you have THAT from? :confused: The ending was essentially the same as in the original manga. With one small difference:

[SPOILER]In the original manga the Major's "ghost" (or part of it) was transferred into an androgynous-looking male body while in the first movie it was a young girl's. That's all. In both versions she didn't really die, she only lost her original body which was artificial to begin with. Her brain however was saved by Batou and brought to his save house where she later whoke up with her new body. At that point, she already has merged with the puppet master/ the net.[/SPOILER]

True, SAC is not a prequel nor a sequel, it takes place in an alternate universe. But for other reasons, maybe explained in the upcoming 3rd Gig...
Heh, I've only seen the movie once, and that was way too long ago, so I don't really remember the details that well. I only remember that it seemed like she left the body, and that was it. I'll need to check out the movie again some time.
The latest movie of GITS: SAC Solid State Society was disappointing to see

Merely 5 minutes of action in all 1 hour 44 minutes of it Sad
[Image: bl453.png]
Peter Wrote:The latest movie of GITS: SAC Solid State Society was disappointing to see

Merely 5 minutes of action in all 1 hour 44 minutes of it Sad

Sounds like the other movies than.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
WOW : The latest movie of GITS: SAC Solid State Society???
When is this getin released in N.A.? Also 3rd Gig is in the works??? Hmm anyone know a good GITS fansite that has good info on the series and movies cause Im not really interested in buyin that dvd book set with useless info on the first 16 eps in the first season! thanks alot in advance! Oh yea to prevent buying a CC version of GITS 2 how can I tell if the dvd is the Fixed version if im checkin it out in store?
The old version of Innocence has a "V2" printed on the security sticker on top of the keepcase. The corrected version has a "V4" on that sticker. Also, the numerical code around the inner hole of the disc itself should end with a "V4".

It's strange, but for some reason I once got a copy of Innocence from DeepDiscountDVD saying "V4" on the outside but containing a V2-disc! It was one of those Innocence + Millenium Actress bundles.
Spike_8 Wrote:well if anyone knows a real good G.I.T.S. fansite with all types of reviews and info could you plz post it. Thanks in advance!

This is not a fansite but, imo, it's quite a good article (with links to other articles related to GITS). I find it that wikipedia always has good, detailed and up-to-date articles when it comes to anime series (but not only).
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]