My First Time in the Pit
I don't know if Jake still comes around here that often & he's the only one I know of that has spent some time in a mosh pit (well other than Rav).

Tonight I hit up my first punk rock show. Man it's crazy. There really wasn't taht many people there, and some of them were annoying. They were only there because their friends were in the band, & if you bumped into them they'd look at you like you'd just stabbed them.

I, myself have never been to a concert that wasn't religious, so I'd never been in the environment. It took some good getting used to, I'd enter the pit at first, walk a circle, then jsut walk out. After a while, & as more people came in I was able to bounce around.

There was one hardcore-dancing kid who kept circling the inside of the pit punching everyone & grabbing at them. Him & the lead singer of the first band had this thing where they would link together & spin as fast as they could to see who could throw the other into a crowd.

At some point they even started stage diving & crowd surfing...off a 1 foot tall stage...surffing across 4-5 people XD

All in all the music was decent, but the experience was great. You jump in, you bash around & you come out thinking that wasn't so bad, next thing you know the adrinaline wears off & you realise that your ribs are bruised, your legs hurt like Hell, & your finger feels almost broken.

The floor was covered in sweat & spit, so it was hard as **** to stand, I got thrown down three or four times, one time I landed on top of the lead singer mentioned above. He reached up & I tugged him back to his feet. That's the cool thing, they'll beat the s**t out of you, but the only time someone didn't try to snatch me up was when I was thrown k9ind of away from the pack & slid down onto my knees.
When they first started surffing though, me & my buddy, we didn't notice & well us & about two others bounced into them & kinda caused an avalanche.

I wasn't to into the Ska, it sounded good, but that whole, let's all dance around in a big circle stuff was kind of gay -_-

Only one band really sucked. They had a bad attitude, all their music was ripped off of other bands only sped up or slowed down & inbetween their 60 second songs they tried to talk to the audience like they were Blink 182, that crap was funny 6 years ago, but now days asking to see dicks at your show & making homo jokes is lame.

One band was more of a ska group; everyone started screaming at them to play something harder & faster. They started out good, but you could tell how it would end...15 seconds later, but it was fun for the time being.

Anyways, yeah, w3as just sharing all that while my food is cooking >.> <.<
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I used to go to huge festivals (Dynamo and lowlands festival) so I've been in some pits. Beastie boys, Machinehead, Korn are some of the bigger names. I love it as long as you don't have any of those drunk assholes who either use their hands and leggs or stand just outside of the pits pushing everyone as hard as they can. Either join in or stay out.

I love the atmosphere there. I once bumped into a bunch of hells angels and it slammed me onto the ground cuase these guys were big. But they turned arround, picked me up and asked if all was good. These are the kind of people you walk an extra block for to avoid but over there everyone is friends. Festivals have the best atmosphere anywhere. 50.000 people and not 1 problem.

You should really try to go to on atleast once in your life. You must have muliti day festivals with a campground. Its awesome.
I've been in some mean pits in my time, loads of punk rock shows etc. Although they all pale in comparrison to a Slayer pit...

I'd heard how they were supposed to be brutal, but nothing prepared me for what it was, it's essentially fighting to music!! People ask if they can punch you in the mouth!!! At least they've the courtesy to ask!!!!

I've been to festivals all over Europe, 'Eurockennes' 'Rock am Ring' 'Lowlands' 'Rockwave' But find that pit-wise at home in the UK is where it's at, we tend to do this push thing, that I've not experienced anywhere else on my travels, (although I've never been to the states) When we're waiting for a band to come on stage everything is fine but when the band comes out everyone in the place surges forward and 1 standing row becomes 3 compacted standing rows, naturally the compacted row pushes back and then people start to fall down! I've seen girls have their legs broken, people being pulled out of the front row because they were being crushed against the barriers! You try and pick people up but it's not alway possible!! This happens at any rock gig with a young crowd!!!

I'm getting older now (25) and I've got a son, so I think that's it for pits as far as I'm concerned, I'm seeing 'Motion City Soundtrack' at the end of the month and will more than likely get upfront for that but I think that'll be the last time I do! It's gonna be at the back with a beer from October on... I promise....

Krooner
I used to like doing that when I was younger but as I got older I started to think it was dumb and just kinda sit towards the rear listening to live music now. Powerman5000 is coming here in the 12th. That will be an awesome concert. Love them. Last time they were here the drummer hit me in the face with a drum stick he threw into the crowd lol.

Also, most hells angels are really nice people if you just talk to them. They just have a bad rep.
Good to hear you had a good time in the pits, Batz! But that reminded me, I really miss having Rav around...

Eh, there are definately different kinds of mosh pits. I stay away from the violent ones, though. I'm there for the music; if I want to kick someone's ass, I'm not going to pay to get into a concert to do it :p .

Lol, it certainly takes a while to get used to being on stage and having people mosh to your music, though. It can be kind of distracting cause it always makes me want to laugh seeing it Big Grin .
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka