Photography
Hey folks,

If anyone reading this forum is interested I am giving free photo lessons online. Feel free to check out my class over at

http://community.livejournal.com/photo_101/

Everyone is welcome to participate and I always welcome feedback on my projects.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Cool man. I don't have the time nor a proper camera but that looks damn interesting. Already learned some things from just reading your reviews on the submissions.

BTW, which races are you going to (I love racing)?
I'm headed down to the ALMS with my dad and my son.

I think the ALMS is the coolest of all the racing circuits because they have four different classes of cars on the course at the same time. This means that there is passing happening all the time as the fast cars rip around the course and they have to dodge the slower classes of cars.

The slow cars on the track are all Porches with the second slowest class of cars being made of Ferraris, Corvettes, Lamborginis, Panoz and Vipers with the two faster classes consisting of prototype cars with different minimum weights. This year, the fastest car on the track is making history as Audi has fielded a prototype with a diesel engine that seems to be unstoppable.

To make the racing even more exciting, the course at Mosport is known as the roller coaster in the racing world because of the hills and tight turns across most of the track. Back in the 60s this track was used for F1 racing. The price of admission allows the fans to camp around the track and before and after the race fans are allowed in the paddock to see the mechanics working on the cars and to meet the drivers.

Best of all, this racing event only costs $75 for the entire weekend as opposed to the $350 it costs to go see the F1 races in Montreal (of course Montreal is a better city but I don't feel that the race is more fun).

As for the photo class, the stuff I'm teaching applies to cheap digital cameras as well as higher end cameras that are available. Even if you're using an older 3mp digital point and shoot you should be able to enjoy things.
I know of AMLS. We only get the 24 hours of Le Mans on tv here and sometimes a summary of AMLS but its indeed a spectacular league with all those cars on the track.

F1 is where its at for me and luckily this season is very exciting. But its soo expansive to go to a race like you said. I wish we had some affordable races with cars like AMLS.

Hope you had a great time and took some nice pics.
The weekend was ok. It was a bit rainy and cold so I didn't watch all of the races. I did pay attention to all of the ALMS races though and got a number of decent photos. I have attached some of the better images I captured to this post.

I am looking forward to next June as I already have tickets to the Grand Prix in Montreal. I wouldn't get to go to that at all if it weren't for my friend who looks at it as a cheap way to get professional photography lessons on the track.

Attached Files
.jpg   Viper.jpg (Size: 105.55 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   TDI.jpg (Size: 104.64 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   Porsches.jpg (Size: 118.52 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   Passing.jpg (Size: 113.47 KB / Downloads: 4)
That's one cool Viper but the Aston Martin's from the last pic are my personal favorite.

I've tried taking pics from moving racing cars before and i know its damn hard to get them as sharp as that. Good work.

If all goes well I'm going to some DTM races next month. Just 3 different brands of cars but very exciting. Montreal is one of the circuits I want to visit with F1 races together with Malaysia, Melbourne and Monza (I got a thing for circuits that start with M it seems). Monaco would be nice but not in my price class.
Yeah, Monaco is my dream vacation if I should ever win the lottery. My buddy Carl says it is worth every bit of reputation it has earned over the years.

I will try to post some more Aston Martin pics later when I get the chance. It makes me happy that one of the cars is numbered 007. In my mind Aston Martin will always be the car of James Bond.

There is a really cool web site with a free paper model kit of the Aston Martin that has to be seen to be believed at http://www.extazaweb.sk/astonmartin/
That honestly is amazing. There is no way it shows that that's made of paper.

Unbelievable!