Solty Rei
I watched episode 1 a few hours ago and am now going through the process of getting my hands on the remaining 23 episodes. Wink
Has anybody watched it? Is it any good? I enjoyed episode 1, but well, it's just one episode.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
i havne't seen it yet, maybe i'll pick it up if it's good. i started watching noein and it seems really good so far.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Homeless Joe Wrote:i havne't seen it yet, maybe i'll pick it up if it's good. i started watching noein and it seems really good so far.

Noein is fabulous. It quickly became one of my favourite series. I think I'm going to murder somebody if shinsen-subs don't release the final episode soon! :mad:
Yeah, Shinsen sure is taking their time on ep 24 on Noein..........about Solty, I thought it was good for the first few eps, but then like most other GONZO titles takes a nosedive towards the middle to the end. I would probably rate it 6.5/10.
These are the GONZO series I've watched so far:

Basilisk
Chrono Crusade
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Kiddy Grade
Last Exile
Peacemaker
SaiKano
Samurai 7
Trinity Blood

In my opinion, these series, with the exception of Kiddy Grade which is kind of bland and Final Fantasy Unlimited which is nice but not great, are all spectacular.
I'm watching Garasu no Kantai and Witchblade at the moment so I can't really say if they're great as a whole but so far I'm liking Garasu no Kantai quite much. Don't like Witchblade very much though, maybe because I used to buy the comics and therefore find this version very alien. What's with all the licking?!
Actually of those you mentioned I really did like

Basilisk
Chrono Crusade
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Last Exile
Peacemaker
Samurai 7
Trinity Blood
Full Metal Panic

so i guess I was being pretty harsh, but after what they did to Black Cat, I guess I'm just holding a grudge, however, I did think that Solty was pretty bland and just plain weird towards the end of the show.
I've never watched Black Cat so I don't know if it's faithful to the manga or not but if it is then whatever happened isn't GONZO's fault buy Kentaro Yabuki's, the author.
you guys seen gantz? honestly i was really dissappointed. i guess they didn't wait for the manga to finish and ended on their own, i hate when that happens, and it really shows.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Haven't watched Gantz yet, but considering what I've been hearing about it I think I'll only watch it after finishing the manga.