Singapore or Philippino manga?
Came across some article that said you can get English language manga from these countries as they speak English there. Anyone ever bought or seen any? Sounds like some are bootleg and some official. Just curious to see if there are any cool titles that you can't get from US publishers. Here's a pic someone posted from the bootleg Rurouni Kenshin manga from the Philippines...

[Image: samurai02fz.jpg]

Anyone seen any for sale anywhere? It would be so good if you could get scanlations that had been printed into books.
I've never heard of this. It's funny how they speak English in those countries yet the language used in that Kenshin manga isn't English it's Engrish! Big Grin
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
"When he starts with play his sword..!"?

Yeah, I think Andromeda is right.... very Engrishy.

You're probably better off downloading the Kenshin scanlations on torrent and printing them on paper.
Psygnius Wrote:"When he starts with play his sword..!"?

Yeah, I think Andromeda is right.... very Engrishy.

You're probably better off downloading the Kenshin scanlations on torrent and printing them on paper.

I don't want kenshin as such, I could just buy the VIZ version. Just curious to see if any bootleggers had translated any other stuff you can't get anywhere else like the do with HKDVDs.

The crappy Engrish must of meant they did it themselves lol but it's quite good considering some of the Engrish about!
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I've never heard of this. It's funny how they speak English in those countries yet the language used in that Kenshin manga isn't English it's Engrish! Big Grin

People speak colloquail English in Singapore when speaking to friends/family. HOWEVER, when it comes to publications, generally proper English is used. In case you don't know or realize, Singapore's mother tongue is English as more and more white washed Singaporeans refuse to or are unable to converse in their actual mother tongue languages(Mandarin, Malay, Hindi etc) in the last decade.
Japschin Wrote:People speak colloquail English in Singapore when speaking to friends/family. HOWEVER, when it comes to publications, generally proper English is used. In case you don't know or realize, Singapore's mother tongue is English as more and more white washed Singaporeans refuse to or are unable to converse in their actual mother tongue languages(Mandarin, Malay, Hindi etc) in the last decade.

No need to get all defensive, I didn't mean to insult anybody. I just find it weird that whoever translated that bootleg manga didn't know how to write in English very well, considering English is alongside with Filipino the official language of the Philippines.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Probably Chinese made or made like HK original subs then shipped to the countries... It's weird to see Singapore text on the web though. It's like half English with random Chinese sounding words thrown in. I once knew someone from Singapore and she said her and her friends talked 'singlish' and spoke some to me. It was basically English with chinese sounding laa's and stuff on the end.
If my memory serves me the Philippines has a thriving komics industry-it covers a lot of different subjects-romance-action-science fiction, you name it-but it's gonna be in Tagalog, with snippits of english.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?