The lake house
Did anyone see this movie with Sandra Bullock and Keanu reeves? I saw a couple of people complaining about acting and story but I think it was good. The story is good - u just gotta get ur head round some little details, and you will see it does make sense (its just like things in Back to the future or other time travel movies you try to argue over)

Anyhoo, I thought it was a fresh, original movie (yes I know it was made after a Korean movie) that gives me hope for some movies these days.

Its not like AMAZING/FANTASTIC/BLEW MY MIND AWAY - but its entertaining, sweet and nice to watch and think about. (I remember me and my friends discussing over little things like 'but how did he do that?' or 'oh I see so he was really this etc...' lol.
I really want to see this. Not too sure if I should watch the Korean original first though...
Watch this one first I suggest, then the Korean one. (S.Bullock and Keanu really do some nice acting with good chemistry between them)
This movie is a remake of Il Mare. I haven't watched it yet but have heard it's a good movie. Besides, it's with Ji-hyun Jun the actress from My Sassy Girl and Windstruck. I really like both these movies (My Sassy Girl is the best romantic comedy I've ever seen) and she's perfect for this kind of movie. It seems I definitely have to check it out.
I'll probably watch The Lake House as well although remakes displease me a little, but what the hell. It only premieres here in the 27th of July though so I'll have to wait a month before I can watch it.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Thats prob why I said to watch the american one first. Cos well the Korean one will prob be better, since its the original - but would be good to watch this one then the first to truly compare. Which is what I will have to do now. I also liked My sassy girl (which apparently I heard was also going to be re-made in the US)
Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves reunite again? Well, seems like it be much better of a movie than the last one they starred together in.
animeshop Wrote:Thats prob why I said to watch the american one first. Cos well the Korean one will prob be better, since its the original - but would be good to watch this one then the first to truly compare. Which is what I will have to do now. I also liked My sassy girl (which apparently I heard was also going to be re-made in the US)

Like I said, I don't like remakes, but that doesn't mean the US version can't be as good as or even better than the original one. In many ways The Grudge was better than the original Ju-On (but boy, do these movies suck!!).
Having said that, Il Mare is Korean and Korea has, in my opinion, been making very good movies in the past few years. I haven't watched either yet but both have good ratings on imdb.com even if Il Mare's is a bit better.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:The Grudge was better than the original Ju-On (but boy, do these movies suck!!).

I'm glad someone else thinks that! I hated them both. I saw the original first and was so bored. The USA version was the same. I hated them both equally. Don't know why people like it so much.
Yeah, those movies are really bad! I can't understand how people like them either, and what's more, I don't understand how people got frightened by them! That was just a boy covered in blue/greyish paint!

Anyway, I ordered 'Il Mare' from yesasia yesterday, along with the 'King and the Clown', 'Can't live without robbery' (Dodookmatgo motsala), and because I bought 3 Korean movies I was entitled to a 4th one for free. I chose 'Kilimanjaro'. If you're interested in any of these (especially now that asiandvdclub is down) just let me know and once they get here (no later than next Tuesday) I'll rip them for you.
Ooh cool, I'd love to get a copy of 'Il Mare' .

I never liked the grudge either, or that water one - even the ring movies were ok. But i really like Ring 0. Not many people like that one, or think its scary - but I really enjoyed the story, thought it was psychologically scary and sad too. Very sad.
animeshop Wrote:Ooh cool, I'd love to get a copy of 'Il Mare' .

No problem. But do you want me to rip only the movie or the extras as well (the extras aren't subtitled though)?
If you want I can rip the other movies as well. The King and the Clown is the highest grossing Korean film in history, a quarter of the Korean population went to the movie theatre to see it. If you're interested you can read about it here: http://www.hancinema.net/korean-movie-news_4751.php
Just 'Il Mare' is fine thanks, I've pm'd for details etc.. Smile