Gantz
so i just finished gantz and wtf is up with the ending? it seems like there was so much being thrown around i just ended up being lost :confused: have you guys seen it? what's your take on this anime?
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Homeless Joe Wrote:so i just finished gantz and wtf is up with the ending? it seems like there was so much being thrown around i just ended up being lost :confused: have you guys seen it? what's your take on this anime?

Alot of people seem to have trouble with the ending but in my eyes at least it's pretty clear when you think about the time [SPOILER]Kei saw the 4 armed statue that killed his friend in the 3rd game. What was basically said is that they die because they try to beat the Gantz and that it's impossible to do so. My intepretation was that he beat Gantz by surviving everything and facing what killed him the first time was the ultimate test. I basically saw the entire interpretation of the anime as if they change they can survive but if they stay the same ignorant and foolish they will die.[/SPOILER] That's how I saw it at least.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
hmmmm i kinda see what you are saying and agree with most of it. i'll try and hide any spoilers here so highlight to see.
the thing that was really bothering me was i didn't see the beginning and the end matching up at all. what really got me thinking about that was how all the people were on the train platform that day kei and kato got hit and saw them die. they even tell him to win so that they can all be saved. now that would be all well and good, if they were all connected, but then wtf was up with that kid? the one that was there before them? he obviously came way before they did, as he only need 10 more points to win. not only that but it seemed to me like he lost to a rather weak alien and if he had been through so much before, he would have been better than that. futhermore it didn't seem like gantz orchestrated his death at all like it tried to do with kei, rather he just messed up. this leads me to two assumptions, either kei was target by gantz because he fought it, or that kid was a product of gantz put there to inform him to an extent (however i doubt this because it does show him outside getting excited about the next game). now what is the nature of gantz and what was it's purpose? did it just want to see people die? if that kid had stayed alive and killed some aliens he would have been free that round, would gantz just let him go? would it have dissappeared? see what i dont' get is why gantz leaves after kei supposedly beats it. and why all of a sudden at the end it seems that gantz is specifically targeting kei.
you know what i mean?
shit i just realized this is in the wrong place Sad
Homeless Joe Wrote:shit i just realized this is in the wrong place Sad

Forget it! It's a one time mistake. I don't believe anybody will mind. Wink
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I heard when they did the anime the manga wasn't finished, so there wasn't really an ending to it. But I thought it was a good series nonetheless, even with the ending leaving us with many unanswered questions.
One of my favorite series - whats next ?
puzzleguy Wrote:One of my favorite series - whats next ?

What do you mean? What can you watch next? I highly suggest you watch Noein, it's fabulous!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]