Re-E3 /
I don't watch G4 anymore because it's completly gone MTV and is flat out lame, nor do I skim IGN or gamespot anymore so I usually catch VG info from mags like gameinformer.

But the other day I decided to watch the E3 bits off G4 on-demand, and I just want to revive the E3 disscusion. I thought there would have been much more of it considering all the buzz that came off E3. Such as the new smash bros with solid snake and a nintendog puppy and pit. Or the halo 3 trailer, or stuff on the ps3 like the 500 dollar unit being useless just like the cheaper 360, or the ps3 controller not having rumble and only having six degree limited motion function(meaning its lame).

There's a ton more but I can't remeber it all. Come on doesn't anyone have anything to say?

I'll start off and maybe piss off some people, the ps3 will launch and fall flat, the units wont sell very well and there will be rampant bugs and the controller will experience intermitant signal loss, and the online compnent will lag and cut out. Some will consider buying the cheaper unit but when they find out that it has a lot less components and features they wont buy one at all and sony will lose a lot more than projected. Just a forecast, I like sony but this is how I see it.

I could afford it but I wont even buy one, I'll get the wii and 360 when they straighten it out but over 700 for one system and a game, come on, if the wii is 250 thats like 330 for the system and one game including tax thats still less than half.
i belive someone compaired the ps3 to the dreamcast, saying that it was a great system, and unbelivable powerfull but no one bought it. I think the same thing will happen...i and alot of people are going to do exactly what you said...get a 360 and a wii...hell even MS said that in their conferance at e3...if you think about it, you will get 2 systems and a game, for the price of one system and a game...though the ps3 will still be the cheapist blue ray player on the market so they do have that going for them
It is better to sit and be thought a fool, then to speak and be proven out right
As far as the PS2 and it's price goes I'll probally buy it later on because as it stands only 2 games that I really want have been announced those being MGS and DMC 4. Outside of those I don't see anything on the horizon and I don't see them being released till at least mid 2007 at earliest. The price is high but I'll most likely get one sometime in the future when I see/hear about more games that seem worthwhile.

X-Box 360 ill be skipping because I X-Box was a waste of $ for me and it would be no different and I don't intend to spend my money on something that would be of no more use than garbage.

The Wii is kind of an unknown at the moment although I will say this I really don't like the controller design looks like it would be a pain in the ass to use. Some games could be decent but unfortunately the controller alone just like PS3s original controller design is enough to fuck everything up in my eyes.

But overall I don't have much faith in any of the new systems quality since as it stands I don't see games becoming any better only more complicated. So I don't intend to get anything for a while.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
geo85 Wrote:I don't watch G4 anymore because it's completly gone MTV and is flat out lame, nor do I skim IGN or gamespot anymore so I usually catch VG info from mags like gameinformer.

But the other day I decided to watch the E3 bits off G4 on-demand, and I just want to revive the E3 disscusion. I thought there would have been much more of it considering all the buzz that came off E3. Such as the new smash bros with solid snake and a nintendog puppy and pit. Or the halo 3 trailer, or stuff on the ps3 like the 500 dollar unit being useless just like the cheaper 360, or the ps3 controller not having rumble and only having six degree limited motion function(meaning its lame).

There's a ton more but I can't remeber it all. Come on doesn't anyone have anything to say?

I'll start off and maybe piss off some people, the ps3 will launch and fall flat, the units wont sell very well and there will be rampant bugs and the controller will experience intermitant signal loss, and the online compnent will lag and cut out. Some will consider buying the cheaper unit but when they find out that it has a lot less components and features they wont buy one at all and sony will lose a lot more than projected. Just a forecast, I like sony but this is how I see it.

I could afford it but I wont even buy one, I'll get the wii and 360 when they straighten it out but over 700 for one system and a game, come on, if the wii is 250 thats like 330 for the system and one game including tax thats still less than half.

Well, lets start with the halo3 trailer. Did that actually warm anyone up? Nothing happened and the fanboys are going on with 'look at his armor, its all real time' forgetting that you play this game in first person. So that trailer did nothing for me except say what everyone knew, that halo3 is in production.

Then my favorite subject, the ps3. Why is the $500 useless? It has bluray, it has a HD. It doesn't fall short with its gaming functions like the 360 core. Wifi will be an add-on.

I'm pissed at the lack of rumble but I must say the motion sensing looks cool with warhawk (cool video on google somewhere). I'm still hoping for them to put rumble in though. Thier excuse of not being able to make it work with the motion sensing is bull. You could easily make games that don't use one of the 2 options, like just having 1 of the 2 on. But they can surely make some cool games which make use of this. As long as they don't start making gimmicky games with just that functionality (like i fear will happen with wii). Only 6 degree's is more that 0. I don't get why people get pissed at extra functionality.

You are very negative about the ps3, about as negative as I've seen people. I'm guessing you don't have enough cash to get one :p . Why would you asume that the controller doesn't work well? Bluetooth is not that complicated and in my experience its very stable. So stable that MS is using it in their new wireless headset. Online, well have you ever played online with ps2? As far as stability its the same as live for most games. Live games don't run on servers like pc games, you still host your own game. Essentially the only difference between ps2 online and live (xbox1) is you pay $60 for a friends list and 1 login name. It works much better due to the HD and patches but the setup is the same and MS has made a bundle scamming people out of their money this way. Online should be free after paying $60 for a game.

You saying the ps3 launch will fall flat is insane. Don't you remember people paying $1700,- for a freaking 360? They'll pay $3000 for a ps3 I guarantee. The first batch of 2 million will be gone on day 1. If you think not then please explain why because you're pretty much alone in this. You're very, very ill informed. Tell me what functionalities the $500 ps3 doesn't have that won't let people play the games (like ff11 on 360). It doesn't have wifi (=add on), it doesn't have hdmi out (which sucks for me but most people won't have 1080p tv's anyway) and it doesn't have flash card support so you'll have to use your pc to transfer those kinds of files.

I got a better question. What does the premium 360 have that the 'core' ps3 doesn't have besides paid online? In the end ps3 is a much better price for value. If you're just looking for a game machine its too expensive but its much more than that and I have seen that.
PS3 is just flat out of my price range, I'll be ignoring it for the next few years at least as far as buying one that is.

I like that Nintendo is trying to do something a little different and cheaper compared to the others. I think it's long over due for another real 3-D mario game. Though I think I might end up liking the DS one that is out now more, 2D 4 life baby!

Not to be greedy about the next SSB but I hope that Square can get a guest character in maybe Crono that would be sweet. also Mega Man and every Street Fighter from Capcom would also be nice.WinkBig Grin Snake is good enough though.Smile

Xbox 360 makes me yawn. Well that's not all true Too Human seems cool, I wish Nintendo didn't let go of the company that's making it I forget the name. Rareware on the other hand I don't miss at all...
Where to start, if you read my post you would of seen I made that prediction on the point that people would respond exactly as you did. I still plan on getting a ps3 but after it cools down like mid 07.

No games look at all appealing to me, the 500 unit has less funtionality, if your going to pay out the ass you want everything you can get so for me the 500 unit is pointless.

The motion function is tacked on, so your saying halfass is better than no ass. The cell structure makes it stupid difficult to program for just as the ps2 which is why the games on the ps2 only started to take advantage of the systems power at the end of its life cycle.

I spend enough on games as it is so I want that money to be well spent, as it stands the ps3 looks just as lack luster to me as the 360, I still dont plan on getting a 360 till next year when it wont crash and burn on me.

So that leaves the wii, I like the ds so Ill give the wii a shot no one that has used the controller has come back saying anything bad, only that its easy and intuative, the line up of mario zelda and metroid looks good to me.

How many gamers and I mean the real gamer community not suits with cash out the ear hole are going to dish that much cash, I can afford all three systems at launch but thats no reason to buy a system, it was just a prediction but I am still one for one when it comes to those. Plenty of people could afford the psp on its release but how many of people actually bought one.

The halo 3 trailer did exactly what trailers do show you stuff you have to
wait for.

On a last note it was a prediction, are you not familiar with grammar, it was worded it future tense as in yet to happen, considering how the ps2 and psp launched glitch and bug happy I would expect nothing less of the ps3 considering sony has already announced that any cell processors that come off the assembly line defective will still be used beacause of its redundant structure.
I'm well known with grammar for it being my second or third language. Maybe you should read your post again? It sounded more like you predicting facts like this WILL happen and that WILL go wrong etc. Not sounding very positive.

Anyway, no problem.

The $500 one really doesn't have that much less functionality. 40Gb less space, still 20 Gb left(not much for media but plenty for savegames and updates). Wifi (once more, add-on) is only usefull if you have a wireless router. HDMI, only usefull for people with 1080p tv's and people who really want to be future proof (like me) but its not essential to the machine. Card readers I really don't care about. What exactly will you be missing personally if you get the $500 version and is that worth an extra $100 to you?

I really doubt they tacked the motion stuff on in a short time (remember the 4D remark?). Also it remains to be seen how it exactly works.

Quote: "The controller for PS3 employs breakthrough technology of high-precision, highly sensitive six-axis sensing system"

"In addition to the “3-posture-axis” of roll, pitch and yaw, “3-dimension acceleration information (X, Y, and Z)” can be detected in high-precision and in real-time."

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/...wsAreaID=2

It sounds like it has more functionality than we've seen. Besides the stuff we know from the sidewinder and Kirby gba game it sounds like it can also move front, back and sideways in 3D (x, y and z) without the point of reference the wii needs. This was not shown with the warhawk demo but was shown with one of the duck demo's. So it might be able to do what wii does but with less precision. Wait and see.

And as far as price goes its only like 5-10% more than the ps2 was over here at launch (we got SCREWED compared to the US). I'm waiting like 3 months before i buy till i know what bugs are in there. I think i was one of the few that wasn't surprised at the price and think its more than worth it.
Why do you guys have to pay more, are there extra taxes or something?

Like I said I want the machine at its peak functionality, if sony wants to add these things then I want to take advantage of that functionality. And 20 gig aint nothin nowadays.
geo85 Wrote:Why do you guys have to pay more, are there extra taxes or something?

Like I said I want the machine at its peak functionality, if sony wants to add these things then I want to take advantage of that functionality. And 20 gig aint nothin nowadays.
ya, 20 gigs is crap, especially if they add the ps1 emulator that will come out for psp to the ps3...thats only like 40 disks
It is better to sit and be thought a fool, then to speak and be proven out right
geo85 Wrote:Why do you guys have to pay more, are there extra taxes or something?

Well, we do have standard 19% tax that's included in the price yes (also included in the €600 of the ps3). But that's still much more than the $300 you payed for ps2. I think retailers made an agreement or something to sell it for more in the first few months. That's the only explanation i can think of because we paid almost double. All games were also €67,95 in the first 2 years (that's about $80 but also includes 19% tax). Now they can't do that as easily because through the net everyone knows what everyone on the other side of the ocean pays and if the ps3 is indeed region free for games you can bet I'm getting my games from the US.

I can understand why you want the 600 ps3. Its the same reasons I want that one. But I can understand alot of people getting the 500 one. I can't understand people getting the core 360 though because you really NEED to buy extra stuff to play. Atleast a memory card. That's my point.

Ohh and the HD is removable and you can just buy a bigger HD at the store. I don't think they have their own HD's like the 360 so you can just buy any brand HD of the right size at the store and put that in.
i think many people will still buy the ps3 because of the name i mean so many loyal followers but at the same time most people wont buy it because lets face it the xbox has a big following and the ps3 is going to have a hard time with the prices being so high
Cyrus
Don't have time to read all the other posts right now but geo, i'll seriously bet you money you're wrong both about the controllers losing connection and the ps3 falling flat. I'd probably even be willing ot bet it will outsell the 360 and the revolution.
Yeah, you just know that it will sell atleast 20 milion in Japan alone again (xbox/gamecube sales are arround 22 milion total each now). Those people need their final fantasy and dragon quests.

And i still have high hopes for that eyetoy thing with the cards they showed. That can be the next pokemon.
Actually its quite funny polls recently done in japan more people are wanting the Wii then the Ps3 and about 50 percent think the Ps3 is over priced. So lets see what happens with the Wii ;op