X3
Anyone catch the internet homage?

"I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9puXA22JKDA

I don't really care much for the internet video, but I did find it funny to hear Vinnie Jones say that line.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also thought this was probably gonna be the last X-Men movie, but yeah, the ending after the credits shows that Xavier is still alive.
Thinking about it my hate for X3 can be summed up with 3 simple words

"Worst. Episode. Ever"
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
I really liked the movie. All the people bitching are mainly comparing it to the comics. My question is - WHY???? You knew what you were getting before going in to the theater, yet you still come out bitching. It's like me telling you - 'I only sell blue shirts in my store' - and then you come out bitching that you couldn't find a red shirt in the store. Why bitch if you knew ahead of time it was going to be alot of action and not really following the comics.

I think the movie was fine. But I do think Angel and Rogue are a waste of space. And I could care less about Nightcrawler not being in the movie. The movie had Wolverine, Magneto, and Professor X - and really those are the only characters that really matter in these movies IMO. And Storm too because she's played by Halle Berry who is smoking hot!!! I like the fact that they did some things that were unexpected and had me going 'Whoa, did they really just do that?'
Halle Berry originally did not want to reprise her role as Storm. She actually completely turned down the opportunity. She didn't want to work with Bryan Singer due to a tense relationship from the previous X-Men movies. When she found out that Bryan Singer wasn't gonna be working on X3, and decided to stay commited to Superman Returns, Halle Berry decided to come back for the 3rd movie.

It was definitely the strangest of the 3 X-Men movies, this one really wasn't better than the first two in my opinion, but still enjoyable to a degree as a movie by itself.
It's kinda like if they made a 3rd hellsing series, and in this series alucard was killed 10 minutes after seras was made a vampire and she became and new protector of hellsing. Sure it might still be cool to watch, but it leaves you with a giant feelings of 'WTF did they do'?
Exactly.

Its not that I didn't like it because it wasn't the same as the comics/cartoons - cos if its still good, then its good - despite staying away from the original.

But like Cidien said, it was just too much overkill. Its like they thought, 'what the hell, lets give them such surprising events that it would shock them and they'd love us for it.'

And then when/if they make another movie - they'll alter some stuff of how we saw it - i.e. this person is still alive, this person still has powers.. etc.. Thats such a cheap way of doing things.

Trick me once - shame on you, trick me twice - shame on me, trick me again I'm not watching your movies anymore.
This was much more a sudio film than the first two, its basically fox's way of making more money at the expense of movie goers and xmen fans.

Especially with the end, I can just imagine the suits at fox laughing their asses off saying haha you have to watch more. You know youll want to, we'll make promises and hints and youll only get garbage.
Spoiler/some what

They could atleast hand you lube and tissues before you start watching this movie. :eek:
It was prety rancid, i don't follow the cartoon or the comics, and i thought was drawn out and fairly boring for an "action" movie. Every plot twist was somewhat predictable(Except for Pro X being killed by Jean. Didn't see that one comin), and not all that great.
[Image: 01.jpg][COLOR="Red"]
God[/COLOR]
That's just the thing though. If you watched the cartoon or read the comics those plot twists wouldn't have been so predictable.
i thought that the movie stayed away from the comics and cartoons plot:confused:
[Image: 01.jpg][COLOR="Red"]
God[/COLOR]
Vicious, it's not that it didn't stay tue to the comics, neither did the other two. The problem is thatr the other two films tried to stay true to the essence of X-men, without following the comics scene for scene, where as this film was just a bad excuse to make money from a franchise. At least you can watch the other films and enjoy them as good films if you are an X-men fan or not, but this film was just terrible by all standards, it was like a bad fanfic.

I'm comparing this film to the previous ones, and that is where it falls short. Singer should have never left....at least Superman might be good....

This film was doomed from early on, first Singer left, then they went through several director/script changes, then they decided not to include Alan Cumming/Nightcrawler, then Singer took the actor for Cyclops to play a part in Superman so he only had limited time to film X3, so then the script had to be changed again.

**********MASSIVE SPOILERS****************

Forgetting about the internal problems, let's just look at it as a film. Nightcrawler is gone for no reason, Cyclops dies in the 1st 10 mins, Jean is touted as being evil and all powerful, the focus of the film supposidly but does pretty much nothing in the film, just standing there until a strange act of randomness at the end. Adding Angel was pointless as he does nothing, Rogue didn't do anything. Kitty was a wasted opportunity and took up valuable screentime that could have been used on other characters. X getting killed was retarded and again random, none of the characters felt like "themselves" as they were set up in previous films and there were far too many random mutants who added nothing and took up screentime. Vinne Jones as Juggernaught was dumb and his helmet looked like it was made of tinfoil. About the only good thing was Beast, he was done well and was underused like most characters.

As for the plot it was so dumb on so many levels....a cure for mutants....riiiiight...in a handy quick action gun form, how convenient....Rolleyes

It had no direction, the characters didn't feel right, there were far too many characters most of which were pointless and the film could have done without. Too much time was wasted on setting up things that had no purpose or introducing useless characters to waste time in between the regurgitated plot lines taken from older X-men films but not done well and the overall amatuerish/fanfic fealing of the film in general. Essentially it was a sell out movie with no artistic merit or integrity with actors who only did it because they were under contract and the whole thing was designed for some quick cash for the studio while raping the X-men franchise. It was shit, end of story.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Almost nuff said. You forgot to add that Hayter was missing for the screenplay that left two shit writers and the chick who wants only to focus on action and no story.

This is why they threw it to "Ill take anything rathead" cause no respectable director would do it like this, it was turned down you know.
Bad on all levels, those who enjoy this especially after the first two are probably the studios ideal patrons, easily amused with pretty colors.
The movie was the least favorite of my three movies...but it wasn't horrible. I had my problems too. It's hard to please an X-men comic fan of 20+ years. We will be doing a podcast on my website reviewing the movie so you can listen for it there:

http://www.aboutheroes.com/

It will be episode 18 and probably will be up by Monday morning.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!