I need some help/advice
This is kinda long, so please bare with me.

So there is the local teriyaki place near my school that my friends and I go to pretty much every week. The same people have always worked there. Well, the other day I walk in and there is a new girl working at the counter, she is very attractive and about my age(20). I order my food and hand her my debit card, she then asks for my ID, so I hand her my drivers license. She the looks at it and comments on how good my photo on the license is, I thank her and take it back. I then go and sit down with my buddies at the table.

I went back in for food again later that week. Again, she asked for my ID, but the second I showed it to her she remembered me. We then started talking about how she forgets peoples faces easily because of how many people come into the resturant; and that she doesn't know what peoples regular orders because she just started working there. After that I went and sat down to wait for my food. About a minute later she came over and asked for directions to the library, I gave her directions, she smiled, said thanks and went into the back.

I went back again the next week, I walked in and she said "HI!" kinda like she was excited to see me. She asked how I was doing, I said good. I asked how she was doing, she said good. She then commented on how pretty it was outside, and I said, yeah, it was really nice out. We then talked about how it was supposed to rain that day but it didn't. This is about as much as I have talked to her.

OK, so basicly there are some things I would like some help with:
1. When she commented about my photo, was she hitting on me or just being nice?

2. Does it seem like she is interested in me at all or am I reading the situation completely wrong?

3. I would really like to ask her out, but do you think I should wait and talk to her more before I do or just ask her outright?

4. When/if I ask her out, how should I go about it? I have never asked a girl out before.

Thanks in advance.
1. nice
2. it sounds like she's interested in you, though you may be reading a little too much into it
3 & 4. just offer to take her out to dinner...who would say no to a free meal? you have nothing to lose...as for the timing, dont wait too long or you will end up in the dreded just friends catagory...god i hate that catagory!

*always keep in mind i am very pessimistic
It is better to sit and be thought a fool, then to speak and be proven out right
Yeah man, it definetly sounds like she's interested. I doubt she takes time to chat with every customer and her walking up to you (instead of her manager or something) to ask directions is clearly a conversation starter.

To ask her out you'll have to come up with on your own. If you go planning this kind of questions it always comes out weird. Just start a conversation and you'll come up with a way to ask her out on your own. If the talk is about restaurants you say you know a nice one, if its about movies you say there's a nice one playing right now etc. Just start a conversation and once you're comfortable talking to her you'll find a way, trust me!

Good luck Spike!

Ps, don't listen to Batz if he gives advice:p (just kiddin mate)
From the sounds of things you certainly are in a great place to ask her out to get to know her better. Make sure to acknowledge how awkward it is asking someone out while they are working and that you understand she might be getting hit on by other guys while she works.

Good luck. I can remember my time working in the food court at the mall and all the romances that started there (of course that was back in the 80s and who knows how things have changed with kids these days...)
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Thanks for the help. I will ask her out next time I get the chance.

Ill keep you guys updated.
odin0425 Wrote:1. nice
2. it sounds like she's interested in you, though you may be reading a little too much into it
3 & 4. just offer to take her out to dinner...who would say no to a free meal? you have nothing to lose...as for the timing, dont wait too long or you will end up in the dreded just friends catagory...god i hate that catagory!

*always keep in mind i am very pessimistic

You have money to lose! if your gona take her out to diner, which is pretty lame unless you've already taken her out once or twice, make sure it somewhere classy(expensive). Your better off doing something with physical activity, example: Bowling, Miniture Golf. It's more of a relaxing enviroment. Make sure She knows you want to be a little more than friends.
Quick idea, observe how she acts with other customers to see if she's liek that with everyone or just you Smile Good luck Bro.
[Image: 01.jpg][COLOR="Red"]
God[/COLOR]
I'd personally suggest taking her out to lunch or dinner at first. You can get to know her better and if you realize you don't like what did you lose? LIke $10-15? Big deal. If that goes well you can take her our to minigolf or bowling like mentioned above. It is indeed a nice relaxing environment with nothing real awkward.
Going for a few drinks I find is normally the best option. Just ask her if she feels like a quick drink after work or something.
He's not 21.
ask her if you can go out for a couple of nice glasses of milk. 60% of the time, it works everytime
[Image: 01.jpg][COLOR="Red"]
God[/COLOR]
As for questions 1 and 2, there is no way anyone can tell for sure with the little info you gave. She could be just a social person or she might be genuinly interested in you.

As for questions 3 and 4, definitely ask her out. You never win a girl by being shy. One thing I have learned, a lot of girls don't like giving their phone numbers to strangers. She might make excuses to say no if you ask her out (whether she likes you or not).

The way to get around that is you can give her a little note with your phone number on it and tell her to give you a call if she'd like to go out for a coffee or something. Give her a choice to be proactive instead of being forced upon her. If she calls, you KNOW for a fact she likes you.
It definitely seems like she's into you but it could be that she's just being nice, one never knows for sure. All I can say is that if you're interested in her you should go for it, ask her out! Hearing a 'no' is the worse thing that can happen so you don't really have anything to lose. Should you talk to her a little more? It won't hurt, but considering she's in her working place how much more can she talk?
When it comes to asking her out I agree with Elcoholic, that's up to you. Things usually go better if they occur more or less naturaly.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
yeah and if she says no, no worries. man i go to eat with my parents sometimes, well often, free food rocks! and my mom is a light drinker so if she's had a glass of wine she starts trying to get the waitress to flirt with me...it's really embarassing. but you should definitely ask her out, good luck
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Well, I did it. Today I asked her out, but she has a boyfriend. She said that he would be mad if she went out with me, but that she was very flattered and that I made her day. I smiled and said OK, went back to the table my buddies were sitting at and we left; this was after we ate ofcourse. Horay for not being awkward!

It was funny, when I asked her out, she responded, "me?", I thought that was so cute.
Well at least youve got the guts to ask.Im a wimp.A very single wimp. Sad I work in a family business and everyone is always teasing me about still being single.Its gotten to the stage where if a female even looks at me i tense up like someones gunna jump out and embarrass/tease me in some way.I really need to get over my shyness.Ive had girls in the restraunt obviously scoping me out and still im to chicken to do anything.It doesnt really help that ive become alot more recluse in the last few years.I hate being stereotypical Smile
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]