a question bout valkryie profile
ok i know its prolly spelled wrong but i wanted to know

how good is this game like is it really worth owning or is pretty fun or what. I can pick up a copy by trading for it prolly so i was wondering if its really as good as i hear.

So if you can give me some good points and bad id appreciate it
Cyrus
i havnt played the orriginal, but they are either remaking it, or making part 2 on psphttp://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=190281
It is better to sit and be thought a fool, then to speak and be proven out right
Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria - aka Valkyrie Profile 2 is a prequel to the original ps1 game. And it'll be out on the ps2 later this year.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - A remake of the ps1 game (not much redone though, other then being put into widescreen, and having some cg cutscenes added in) coming out for the PSP. From what i've heard, it's a pretty sub-par port.

Either way, Valkyrie Profile is one of those games that falls into my 'top 5 greatest ps1 games of all time' list. There seems to be a lot of people who believe otherwise, and it disgusts me. VP is as close to gaming perfection as you can ever get. A brilliantly told story, fantastic music, gorgeous 2d visuals, and an insane battle system (that relies on combos, timing, etc)
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
VP is amazing, highly reccomend it...The one for PS1 at least, didnt play the new ones nor look into them much
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
Valkyrie Profile is unlike any RPG I have ever played. This could be a good thing or a bad thing. For me it was good. The story really pulled me in, although it is basically a bunch of short stories rolled into one. You play as Lenneth and go around the world to recruit people to fight in a war for Odin. The game has beautiful graphics (similar to Xenogears) and it has many well designed side-scrolling dungeons. Overall, an excellent game. In my opinion, RPG's that came out around this time were the greatest I have seen yet.