Poll: Where does your interest in films sit right now
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Has gone up from the past few years
31.25%
5 31.25%
Has gone down from the past few years
56.25%
9 56.25%
Didn?t really see much until recently
0%
0 0%
Are you Joking?! F*** Hollywood and their Snakes on a Plane
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Intrest in film
Mine, in general, has gone down. It wasn't high to start with, but I think it really faltered when there was a string of like 3 or 4 movies that really disappointed me. I am how ever really psyched for some reason about X-Men 3. Oh wait, I know why, COLOSSUS IS A MAIN X-MAN!!! I swear it looks like the fastball special is in one clip too. Heard there are indeed sentinels in it too, which goes against all fairly new reports I had caught wind of. Was supposed to be too expensive. Probably means they aren't a big part of it then.

I am also looking forward to seeing more out of the coolest Pirate ever, Jack Sparrow. Two sequels are being filmed in succession and if they are half as good as the first movie, they will be the best movies I have seen in quite some time. The first one was simply awesome.

I'd also like to ask if it is just me or are most Oscar winning films boring? I find myself hating most of these supposedly great movies and if I'm not alone hear wth is going on?
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I used to try watch a new film every couple of days or so. Nowadays I just don't have the time. I'll admit though that im watching more TV shows. They take less time and you can just throw them on and the quality of recent shows is amazing and almost film like. I guess there just aren't as many films that I think 'wow i've got to see that'! these days... As for oscar winners I sort of see what you mean... Some are good though but a lot are long winded boring crap.
Hollywoods fuckin trash from what I've seen a few good movies should be coming out like X-Men 3 but that's not enough to change my opinion since they keep making these half ideas. So I had to vote "Are you Joking?! F*** Hollywood and their Snakes on a Plane"
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
My interest has been down, not counting remakes and CG talking animal movies there are few that I might go for on DVD here and there. I wish going the theater cost less.
almost all the movies ive seen in the past 5 years have sucked...so f*** hollywook!
It is better to sit and be thought a fool, then to speak and be proven out right
It's both up and down. It's down from like 6 years ago when my ex and I used to rent so many movies we ran out of things to rent lol. We'd seriously spend like an hour looking for something that we havn't seen, didn't look completely gay or wasn't made by two left shoes or red shoes or whatever it was. Been too long since I rented movies enough to get down to their crap. Whichever it was we rented like 6-7 movies by them and every single one blew beyond belief. (Wonders how many movies he's only seen 3/4 of....)

It's up from about two years ago though. Movies like batman, the machinist, sin city and ultraviolet (dunno why so many people hate this movie, sure the action wasn't perfectly correographed but still..) are examples of movies I really like off the top of my head.
Mine has gone up since I started watching Korean and Chinese films. Koreans really know what they're doing when it comes to film making. As for American movies, the last good movie I saw here was Thank You for Smoking, which if freaking funny, but other than that nothing very good.
About 6 years ago i used to spend all my spare cash buying dvd's. I bought like 4 dvd's a week in a collecting frenzie. I had to have every good movie I saw. Kinda glad that stopped now since i don't have any room for them and now i notice how much money it used to cost. I've pratically stopped buying anything since I've got a pc and internet. I only buy the really big movies like star wars, king kong, LotR.

As for the quality, I ussually research what movie I download so I'm pretty content in what i've seen lately. There are definetly plenty of good movies being made but they don't get the marketing behind then that big hollywood movies have (that's what i like about downloading, you get to see movies you would have never seen elsewhere till its on tv). Also movies in my own country have gone up in quality alot in past years so that's good.

There's not much I want to see right now but I don't really keep up with what's comming out. That Da Vinci code might be nice. I have the book but haven't read it yet.
elcoholic Wrote:That Da Vinci code might be nice. I have the book but haven't read it yet.

Oooh yes I can't wait for that! Finished the book the other day. My mum had the illustrated version with all the paintings and stuff. The film should be really good. Wonder if they'll put something in that's different so all the book readers will get a suprise or two though... I suggest you read it quick! You won't be able to put it down.
The biggest problem when it comes to the topic of movies is that in the us the number of films that recieve advertising is like 2% of the films released at the same time also foreign films are almost never translated and released in the us at all, so in our arrogance we are missing tons of great movies in this country and from all over the world. As far as hollywood goes they blow bigtime but they can put out some decent flicks here and there.
I would much rather watch any Errol Flyn or Carry Grant film than almost everything hollywood has upchucked in the past 6 years. The only striking film that comes to mind was collateral.
my interest in movies has gone up, but not for new movies. mostly i've been getting into older movies. of course there are some new movies which are amazing, but they are few and far between....anyone seen The Life Aqautic?
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Yes, I really liked the royal tenenbaums but life aquatic was garbage. Seu jorge was the only reason I borrowed a friends dvd.
:eek: no way!!! i liked the royal tenenbaums but the life aquatic was amazing. it's pure genius.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Homeless Joe Wrote::eek: no way!!! i liked the royal tenenbaums but the life aquatic was amazing. it's pure genius.

I don't know if there was much that was pure genius about it... but i enjoyed it immensely. Wes Anderson is my favorite director by far.

Oh, and the first two Harry Potter movies were much better than the other shaz that has come out. BAH!
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
gohan32 Wrote:Oh, and the first two Harry Potter movies were much better than the other shaz that has come out. BAH!

Third one was the best one! The one directed by Alfonso CuarĂ³n was so much more mature and less cheesy...