American comics made anime
The new anime season just started in Japan. One of the new shows premeiring was Witchblade, an anime based on the american comic book.

I used to be a big time fan of Witchblade. I started collecting the comic at issue one, but stopped collecting somewhere in the 30 range because artist and writer switch-offs began to ruin the series. Before that however, artist Mike Turner (arguably the best comic book artist out there) and writer Christina Z put together a very solid story.

Most otaku do not think about it, but American comic books have long been popular in Japan. Kazuki Takahashi, creator of Yugioh, is a big fan of spawn, and referanced spawn in the form of "Zombri" in one of the early chapters. Nobuhiro Watsuki, creator of Kenshin, is a long time fan of X-Men, and modeled the villan Jin'eh after Gambit.

I am hopeful that anime producers will continue to look towards American comics for future shows. While I think most of the mainstream stuff would make poor anime, a lot of smaller or independant works would be great in anime format.

If I had to vote on an american comic to be made into an anime, I think I would have to go for Crimson from Cliffhanger (or better yet, Battle Chasers if you could get JM to work on the story).

What would you want to see made into an anime?
[Image: kitty.gif]
Number one choice for me is Strangers in Paradise. Anime has a long tradition of making "real life" stories to watch and I would love to see this series tackled.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Although there already has been a few episodes I would love more Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Especially the last series by Image. I loved that series... I think i'll reread my issues tonight actually! Can't remeber which one died though...

As for American comics in Japan, it was they that influenced and inspired the creation of manga. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have manga and anime.
I'd just like HBO to finish the damn spawn series they started. =/

I think mainstream series would make good anime though. I'd really like to see a serious iron man series that really deals with tony as a person like the comics do. I liked the cartoon but it didn't do much with tonys problems.
I think Biker Mice From Mars would make a good anime. THat was a great American show no matter what anyone else says. That and Perhaps the Hercules the Legendary Journies. THose two would be great animes.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Biker mice from mars rocked. The racing game was kickass too.
Cidien Wrote:I'd just like HBO to finish the damn spawn series they started. =/

How much more Spawn is there? I've got a collection of 3 double sided disks plus bonus extras... I didn't really look at an episode count, so have no idea what that covers...
You have it all. Watch it and you'll know why i'm irritated. They hardly got into the story at all before they cancelled it. =/
You know I just htought of another show KIng Arthur and the Knights of Justice would be great as an anime as well.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Cidien Wrote:You have it all. Watch it and you'll know why i'm irritated. They hardly got into the story at all before they cancelled it. =/

Well isn't that the way it is with most things? I've watched a couple of the disks, got irritated at the storyline and haven't seen the rest of it yet... lol.. and I really, really hate that fat clown guy!!
Ya, that's kinda the point. You're supposed to hate him.
Cidien Wrote:Ya, that's kinda the point. You're supposed to hate him.

Well, he does have his moments, and he does galvanize Spawn into action on most counts... and a lot of what he says is true... he's just so arrogant about it... but I guess he doesn't have much else to do other than to torment and ridicule other demons...
Cidien Wrote:You have it all. Watch it and you'll know why i'm irritated. They hardly got into the story at all before they cancelled it. =/

Kinda how I feel about the comic series. It went issue after issue with little to no story progression. Has it been cancelled yet? Please?

Anyway, I would dig an epic anime version of Thanos & the Infinity Gauntlet. Think a Marvel Universe version of DBZ. You get to know all the characters as they journey on a quest to stop Thanos. Then they confront him and his henchmen in a prolonged battle. All the heroes get killed, but Thanos ends up losing to the last good guys in the end. They get the Infinity Gems and wish all their dead friends back to life.
Keep yourself marketable...earn an MBA.
Cool, i'll have to read that. I'm currently collecting the annihilation series. Not gonna read it though until all 4 sets are done releasing. Hate reading something then waiting a month for more. Same thing with marvels civil war. Gonna be 7 months until I read that, and I wanna read it so bad lol.