This is Kind of Anime
Well hopefully this is in the right place, f not I am sorry. Anyway who else is excited about the English version of Advent Children coming out the 25th? I am as I have had my copy reserved for months . I just hope that it also has the JApanese version on it as well as I will be a bit pist if I have to buy them seperately. Also just to keep the subject going, who is your favorite FF VII character. For me it was a tie between Aeris, Cloud, and Barret. What about you guys?
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
I'm at the point where I don't care. It was supposed to come out like 4-5 months ago. Already watched the japanese version several times, not sure i'll care if I watch it again in english. Dumbasses lost a lot of money by delaying it this long.
I watched the HK version and thought it was merely ok. The animation was great but I had a hard time following the story. I guess if I had played the games it might have made more sense to me.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:I watched the HK version and thought it was merely ok. The animation was great but I had a hard time following the story. I guess if I had played the games it might have made more sense to me.

It had a story? I thought it was pretty poor actually put me to sleep and i liked the games alot. But to answers Ryos question not anytime soon I've heard the voice clip for Sephiroths VA too and that just added to the disappointment. I intend to just keep my subbed version and buy something else. Haven't really been tempted at all to watch it again either so that's another reason for me to skip it.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
The story totally blows.. all Advent Children was, was eye-candy... and what a beautiful piece of eye-candy it was... Smile
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
vegeta76 Wrote:The story totally blows.. all Advent Children was, was eye-candy... and what a beautiful piece of eye-candy it was... Smile

Only thing I found to be worth the time was the battle between Cloud and Sephiroth but I it didn't end that memorably. I still can't believe something that low quality storywise took so long to make.

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Story??? I don't think the makers of the movie paid any importance to the story. Eye candy and nostalgia factor was all that the movie had going for it.

Like many others here, saw the subbed version and I don't plan on getting the R1 DVD.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Also just to keep the subject going, who is your favorite FF VII character.

As one might imagine, Vincent.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Oh forgot about favorite characters. Definitely the main man Cloud. Rude is pretty cool too. I liked him, especially in the movie.
I've had the movie on my hard disk ever since it first showed on the internet but for some reason I keep forgetting to watch it. Therefore I have no idea if the movie's good or not. I do have to say I've been more interested in watching it than I am now. Anyway, my favourite FFVII character is Vincent Valentine. I just love dark, mysterious men who wear cloaks. Big Grin
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Well my friend bought it and I just burned it. The english dub is actually done really well. Cloud coulda been chosen a little better but still done pretty well.
Yeah, the story wasn't really top notch, but the eye candy was worth it. I think Square-Enix deserves compensation for such a sexy piece. I didn't mind the dub, Cloud is the same voice as he was in Kingdom Hearts, same with Yuffie. So I didn't have any complaints there. The only one that really bugged me was Rachael Leigh Cook's Tifa. Ugh... RLC is a great actress and definitely as hot as Tifa, but geez, her voice really lacked the emotion of the part, at least in some of the scenes.

Overall, the movie was worth the $14.99 I spent on it at Circuit City.
At least Tifa's voice was better then Aeris. My god!!! Talk about B-A-D. Thankfully she wasn't AS bad as she sounded in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Overall, the dub was done really well. Having just beat Kingdom Hearts 2, it was nice to hear a lot of the same voices.

Not to mention, the video quality of owning the actual R1 dvd DESTROYS any 'rip' on the net. Just when you thought it couldn't look any better, it did! Now to wait for this movie to come out on blu-ray.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
At least it wasn't like "The Spirits Within"
Saw this the other night and once again I believe Hollywood should stay the fuck away from anime. The best voices were fuckin Vincent and Barret who were alot more minor. Sephiroths was kinda meh but at least it was better than Tifas and most of the others. It was a little better now that I didn't miss like 30 minutes of the movie but still no story oh well.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection