My DreamCast Has Just Died On Me!!! :(
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

My Dreamcast has decided to die on me!!!

well after Years of trusty gameplay and the video chip has decided to shot out on me, probably from a broken heart as i got an Xbox recently (and modded it and installed xbox Media Centre...Uber Sweet coz now i can play all my divx,rm,mkv,ogm etc on my TV)

anyway i hadnt played my DC in ages since moving house (ive just recently moved house a couple of months ago) and so decide i could play some arcade action hence got out my DC and when i turn it on the screen image is all fuzzy and degraded so i fiddle around with the TVout port to see if it was a loose connection then bam ...lost all sound and image!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

thinking it was not a serious problem i thought maybe the lead messed up coz the fan and graphic chip etc all seem to be working fine and my VMU's were displaying game stats etc so i try switching my RGB scart for a normal lead but the same problem...

then i research the net to find to my Horror that the DC has a common problem along with the Reset one (i had that on one of my prior Dc but got it exchanged back when i had the warranty) Basically if you fiddle with the Tv Out lead it can short the video chip ...but the rest of the DC along with all the other chips etc run fine AHHHHHHH!!!!!
so i read how to sort out the DC reset problem (not that i needed to know that one) but never found how to fix this one...spares for DC are hard to get so i need a buy another console...but to no avail coz all the shops i have dont have any in stock Sad :'( and i dont trust ebay sellers coz there are soo many buggy DC's out (damn SEGA made soo many buggy DC consoles...grrr)

AHHH!!! i loved my DC and have gizzilions of games for it...it was my Fav Console (and i own loads of consoles...all the way back to NES Big Grin )
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Damn sorry to hear that worst I've had with my DC was a damn game stopped working but I can relate still.Sad
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I could probably visit 3 stores and have a choice of 15 DC's around here. Only real problem is finding games that aren't complete crap or sports titles.
Sorry to hear that bro Sad
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
wo0t just bought another Dreamcast...with a years warranty Big Grin

only £17.99 wo0t!!! think i'll keep my orig DC as spares for repair etc
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Yeh DC's are pretty cheap in the UK. Don't play on mine really and won't get much money for it so im going to keep it purely for Jet Set Radio... Congrats for getting XBMC! It's truely awesome... Wish it could do advanced subs in MKV files and stuff like fonts and karaoke but that's my only complaint!
hopefully the fitures releases of XBMC will Big Grin

im thinking of buying another Xbox (second hand this time) for my Dwnstairs TV so i can watch my PC files in my living room and not just my bedroom... yeah i know im lazy cant be asked to unhook and rohhok my Xbox to differnt TV's every time and they are like £60 second hand so the price of a decent Divx player so kinda the same thing as getting that but better...

Dude to be honest i play my DC less often now, but atleast i have a working one Big Grin
wo0t tis all about the classics like SegaRally2, Soul calibur, Project justice, HODead 2 etc
gahhh have way too many ganmes for it... Big Grin
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Only way i'd ever buy and play a dc is if I found powerstone 1 or 2 cheap at a pawn shop. Never know what you'll find at pawn shops. Hell I got the zelda promo collection for $10 and sold it on ebay for $45. Kinda wish i'd have kept it but I know I wouldn't get around to playing them for probably a couple years anyways.
sorry to hear about your dc. i love my dc lol. i think it's a very good system and did have some really enjoyable titles, i'm really dissapointed it didn't do better. what really pissed me off is when my last cd for shenmue didn't work, i was so pissed. and i can't find a mic to play seaman, i finaly find the game and now i can't find a mic, i just gave up on it.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo