I'm never buying manga anthologies again!!!
First it was Viz's Animerica Extra, now it's Dark Horse's Super Manga Blast! :mad: They just stop selling them out of the blues and then I have to buy each series from the beginning as volumes, which means spending a load of money needlessly! It's not that I don't prefer to collect manga in volumes anyway but I'd like to avoid wasting money! :mad:
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I had the same feeling after Pulp was cancelled.... there were so many great story lines that dropped off and I haven't picked up any of the collected volumes.

Then I felt like I was buying Shonen Jump just for Hikaru No Go so I stopped buying that... and I still haven't picked up the trades for that series either...
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
The issue I had with shonen jump is that (to me anyways) it seemed to be getting smaller and smaller as time went on and just wasn't worth the money to me anymore.
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
it evil how magazines (manga or otherwise) tend to get thinner with age
and the cost increases wheras contents decreases

Grrr Inflation!!!

anyway its all about Scanlations and reading em on a nifty Tablet PC like my friend does, im so jealous of him... (his dad always getting nifty gizmo's with his sales repping bonuses and so my friend gets to keep whatever his pops dont want...)
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
I don't really enjoy reading in a monitor. I only read scanlations when it's something I can't get on paper.
True, in general i agree

but seriuosly his tablet PC is like 2cm thick and like a 10 odd inch screen its just soooooooo SUGOI!!! he can read scanlations etc on the go...
so its not like poor old us lot with our monitors Sad (well laptop in my case)
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
rav96 Wrote:True, in general i agree

but seriuosly his tablet PC is like 2cm thick and like a 10 odd inch screen its just soooooooo SUGOI!!! he can read scanlations etc on the go...
so its not like poor old us lot with our monitors Sad (well laptop in my case)

They sound cool. How much are they? That might get me loving scanlations because at the moment I really have to hold it in my hand to enjoy manga...

As for anthologies I stopped way back with SMB and Animerica Extra... I ended up only liking the odd manga in them and got bored with the rest. Plus I like to read alot in one go.
think its like a grand odd maybe more, but obviuosly his pops got it free, its by Acer, im not sure on th emodel but next time i go round i'll see which tablet PC model it is
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
I remember seeing a guy with a PC tablet about 2 years ago. It's really cool and handy but I still don't know if I'd enjoying reading with one of those.
Just imagined how pissed I was when they cancelled Ranma, Tenchi, Oh My Goddess, Sailor Moon and others that I was collecting since issue one. But at least the Graphic novels are cheaper. Hell I remember forking over 20 bucks sometimes for a Graphic Novel.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Yeah, I remember that time as well. Graphic novels today are a whole lot cheaper.