New .Hack anime
Just wanted to let you know there's a new .Hack anime in town, .Hack//Roots. First episode aired last wednesday. It has yet to be fansubbed but za warudo fansubbers have already released a promo that can fe found here: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/773.html
Apparently Shinsen-Subs also showed an interest in this series.

Quote:Plot Summary: In 2015, CC Corporation`s datacenter caught on fire destroying "The World". By splicing in data from what would have been another project, CC Corp. was able to rebuild the game. In 2016, "The World R:2" was released. .hack//Roots covers the time Haseo spent with Shino and Ovan in the guild known as the Twilight Brigade, before the .hack//G.U. PS2 games.

There's another anime named Ergo Proxy (from the creators of Witch Hunter Robin and Samurai Champloo) that began airing in Japan in February and looks absolutely fabulous. In fact, as far as looks go it's among the best I've seen. I'm downloading episodes 1 to 3 at the moment (Shinsen-Subs) but if anyone wants to take a look at the trailer (and drool all over the screen) go here: http://www.ergoproxy.com/trailer/index.html

Quote:Plot Summary: In a world where humans and androids, known as autoraves, live in relative peace, there exists a domed city named "Romudo". Under the implementation of complete management control, it is a paradise where feelings are literally discarded, and the governing council dictates the way of life the citizens should live. But this utopian landscape is soon broken by a series of mystifying murders. Lir Mayer, a female inspector from the Citizen Information Bureau, along with her autorave partner Iggy, are tasked to solve the murder cases. She is soon attacked by a creature drawn to her which is neither human nor android, and learns about the mysterious phenomena called "Awakening", an event which draws her further into the case...and to the world beyond the limits of Romudo.

Those who are fans of CLAMP's works (and those who are not) might want to check out XXXHolic. The first episode is already subtitled, courtesy of Shinsen-Subs.

Quote:Plot Summary: Kimihiro Watanuki is a young boy with a cursed gift. He has the ability to see evil spirits, and somehow they seem attracted to himself. One day he meets a misterious woman who names herself Yuuko. She claims to have the means to end his torment, but she never works for free, and she wouldn't help him until he works for her enough to pay for her services. Thus he starts to work in her shop and discovers that in that place, nothing is what it seems.

And now, for the cherry in my cake Big Grin we have Nana the anime! Some have you might have noticed already I have a thing for Nana. In fact, if there's anything I'm otaku about is Nana. I've been buying the manga for years, I have the special edition dvd (without english subtitles), cds, necklaces, cell phone strap, fan book, art book, etc. And now the anime version is finally here. Live-Evil have subbed the first episode and I can tell you first hand that it's really good and does the manga justice.
I know, I know, it's shoujo anime and you don't really go for shoujo. I don't either, believe me, but Nana is on a whole new level. The numbers speak for themselves. About 34.5 million copies of the manga have been sold (15 volumes so far) making it the best selling shoujo manga of all times. In it's first week of sales, both the "Standard Edition" and the "Special Edition" of the DVDs made it into the TOP 5. The "Standard Edition" alone sold 54,000 copies, while the "Special Edition" DVD sold 46,000 copies. And these numbers are just first week sales! On March 30th, Oricon Style announced Ai Yazawa and Nana as the winners of the "Greatest Mangaka" title in the 'all-genders' category, and the "Greatest Shoujo Manga" title, respectively.
Unlike most shoujo, Nana is extremely realistic, for better or worse, which is one of the reasons why so many people like it. Lots of punk and rock music help set the perfect mood.

Quote:Plot Summary: On board the train to Tokyo to meet her boyfriend Shoji, Nana Komatsu ("Hachi") happened to sit beside Nana Osaki who was traveling to Tokyo to fulfill her dreams of becoming a musician. The vocalist for her punk band "Blast", Nana aims for a major debut for "Blast" in Tokyo where her boyfriend, Ren, is the guitarist for a popular band "Trapnest". Sharing the same name "Nana", both girls quickly form a bond of friendship. Their paths cross again when they encounter each other while searching for accomodation in Tokyo. Eventually they decide to live together in the same unit and this further strengthens their bondage as the two "Nana(s)" go through their love lives and career.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Cool I've heard about this before now just waiting for someone to fansub it.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
A new .hack, that's good to hear. It looks good too.
I'll be looking forward to it.
[Image: 3685z]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New .Hack anime and other new anime series Andromeda18_ 21 12,183 05-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Andromeda18_