Zenki Saga Question
Im a big fan of fantasy anime and have seen just about everything imaginable in that genre that has been dubbed in english. However, I have yet to see Zenki and from the looks of the screen caps it looks like something I might be into. However, before I go out and buy the entire series (Im one of those people that will buy the entire series immediately if all volumes have already been released....same goes for a series that has not been completed, but has released 3-4 volumes, Ill buy the 3-4 volumes before even seeing an episode) I need to know if it is any good. This is a rather large series, so Im going to try and stray from my usual buying habits and get some information on it before buying all 50+ episodes. If any of you could help me out, Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and damn my obsessive completist buying habits.
Those habits will bite you in the ass a lot though the same can be said about the opposite at times.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
HAHA tell me about it. Ive been bitten quite a few times...thats were ebay comes in handy.
This is only my opinion but I would say that I didn't really care for this show. I bought the R'1s about a 2 years ago "like you all 4 sets at once". I thought that the show got real repetitive ,in the monster of the week sort of way, real quick. The main story isn't very complex and the dubbing I found to be weak so I watched it in japanese (which I rarely did back then) . The "little Zenki" sounded like a seriously constipated 12 year old. It was one of those shows that started to fade from my memory soon after completing it.
The story does get quite repetitive, it is very similar to your typical mahou shoujo show with the monster of the week. I haven't watched but the first 2 volumes, but there was an interesting cliffhanger at the end of the second volume that made me want to watch the rest of the series sometime.

It is a plus if you are interested in Japanese religions (but by no means is the show educational Big Grin ). I liked Chiaki's character, and that is what carried me through the first two seasons.
Kita-kita dancers are the answer to an anime village with no bishoujos... or they may be the cause. Further scientific observation is required: [Image: oyaji_mv.gif]
I have the whole series and it kinda settles into the "monster of the week" syndrome in the later episodes-I'd say it should be low on your list of must have anime-not that it's that bad-just that there are so many better things to watch, better things to waste your money on.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?