V for Vendetta
Zagatto Wrote:The comic is still much better though.

arent they always Wink

come to mention it can anyone think of anything better in its "moving pictures" Adaptation than the comic, book, manga?

im hard pressed to even come up with one:confused:
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
rav96 Wrote:arent they always Wink

come to mention it can anyone think of anything better in its "moving pictures" Adaptation than the comic, book, manga?

im hard pressed to even come up with one:confused:

I can't think of any movie better than the "comic, book, manga" but I sure can think of movies that are way worse. Shinobi, the adaptation of Basilisk, comes to mind. Terrible film!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I can't think of any movie better than the "comic, book, manga".

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! No probably not lol. I've never read the Oldboy manga but could it really be better than the film?
Shinobi?

The movie?

Are you talking about the new one that just came out in HK last year that hasn't been released here in North America yet? I just watched it this past weekend and thought it was an incredible movie... almost on par with House of Flying Daggers... almost.

Or was there an earlier Shinobi movie that has been banished to the collective subconcious minds of game and anime fans?
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
you liked house of flying daggers? now that i think about it i don't remember why i didn't...hmm
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Zagatto Wrote:Shinobi?

The movie?

Are you talking about the new one that just came out in HK last year that hasn't been released here in North America yet? I just watched it this past weekend and thought it was an incredible movie... almost on par with House of Flying Daggers... almost.

Or was there an earlier Shinobi movie that has been banished to the collective subconcious minds of game and anime fans?

There was a movie called Shinobi that came out in Japan last year, I don't think there was a Hong Kong movie of the same name. I thought it was a pretty lousy movie.

As for V for Vendetta, I quite enjoyed the movie. I never read the comic though so I cant compare it to that
Yeah... House of Flying Daggers is one of my all time favourite HK movies. Right up there with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Who Am I and The Five Deadly Venoms (funny... all of those were choreographed by Yuen Wu Ping... along with The Matrix...).

I wasn't sure where the new Shinobi movie came from but I was pretty sure it didn't have anything to do with the game other than sharing the same name. I thought it was really well done for what sort of movie it was. I particularly enjoyed watching the fight scenes in Shinobi as they did an excellent job of showing super powers used in a fight.

House of Flying Daggers was another great movie for showing superhuman abilities in a fight but it had even better cinematography, better acting and a more involved story that remained coherant throughout.

Many of those same compliments can be paid to V for Vendetta.
This is the Shinobi I'm talking about: http://www.asiandvdclub.org/details.php?id=5224
I'm almost certain this is the movie you watched. I agree that the fighting scenes are pretty good, especially when compared to the anime. There are things that look good animated but then suck in real life. This wasn't the case. However, that's the only good thing about the movie. It has absolutely no story, everything is so rushed things don't even make sense. It's just one slaughter after another.
I like House of Flying Daggers very much as well but Shinobi doesn't even come close to it.
Anyway, if you liked the movie that much you should really try the anime.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Well... like I said earlier... the story in Shinobi is pretty thin but I didn't expect too much depth from it. We are indeed talking about the same movie. I guess I'm just happy with some movies for decent eye candy.

The thing that stood out for me was that they didn't try going into too much depth with that story and the lack of depth actually served it well.
lol just plain ol' action on a platter please Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/