Wmd
Homeless Joe Wrote:whether a country "needs" democracy or not is irrelavent. it is not America's place to go around and impose it's views on other countries. the main problem i have with the war, besides being lied too, is that we went in without the un. we basically said, fuck you un i'm gonna do what i want, try and stop me. it's pretty arrogant and hypocritical. it pretty much made the un look worthless and help to deepen some people's hatred for us. the un was set up in part to prevent this sort of thing, and we have helped them militarily in the past. but when we don't agree with the world's decision, we just go and do it anyways?
yea but what is the UN doing about IRAN currently? Nothing.. because the UN is useless in this day and age because it is made full of countries in the big parts of it that are more about doing bad deals and getting the money then doing the right thing.. IE the Oil for Food Scandel.
Schultz Wrote:yea but what is the UN doing about IRAN currently? Nothing.. because the UN is useless in this day and age because it is made full of countries in the big parts of it that are more about doing bad deals and getting the money then doing the right thing.. IE the Oil for Food Scandel.

So you see no use for the UN anymore? Lets just dump international law in the bin and let any country attack any other country? Or is that just the right of the US?
For the UN in its currently entity yes. But do we need an international group. The UN needs to be restructured from the ground up. more countries need to be on the main security council and no single country should have supreame veto rights like it currently has.
i think the us ignoring the un and doing whatever it wants is a large factor in it's weakend state now.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
That's because its weak the first place in the current form. The UN didn't care that Saddam disobey'ed every sanction it put on him. Why because a single country that was gaining money from him can stop the whole thing. I don't think any country should have Absolute veto power in teh Security council. I also don't agree that there is only like 7 that has supreame power and alot of countries are left outta it.

I also agree that the US shouldn't go about without the UN but when the UN won't do anything about it no matter what then you don't have much other choice in the matter. Since the diplomats pockets are getting fatter as they don't do anything.