HK news
Agreed. Things like what they did to initial d are inexcusable. The only reason I don't hate them %100 is they actually did a decent job on the dvds with the japanese version. I was looking forward to the dub though.... so I am still pretty pissed. An option for the dubbed voices (with the right names/lines being said) on the japanese version would have been nice. Then I would have had no problem with them making an "americanized" version.
Cidien Wrote:The only reason I don't hate them %100 is they actually did a decent job on the dvds with the japanese version.

Didn't they water down the subs though? Something about one of the girls having sex in exchange for bought items or something...
Aye, was gonna mention that but I didn't. They kinda hint at it without saying it outright, and the official subs make it sound really innocent. That change though isn't enough to make me hate the way they handled the japanese version. I'm still keeping my fx set though unless I get a great deal like my friend did. Pawn shops can be so stupid. He got vol. 1-10 for $30. I got GWing for $30 too. Sold it on ebay for like $70 lol.
I still refuse to buy the Initial D R1 set. ;op and i am a big fan of it. And i can't belive viz is releasing an edited ONLY One Piece. have you seen that? I mean english only edited. No subs no original audio. WTF are they thinking. And i agree with Vicious's reasoning. We are cheap no need to try to convince yourself otherwise. And lately i have been even cheaper went back to Digisubs for most of my anime *when* i watch anime.
You know after reading the article i think its funny. Cashen states this.

"Henderson fully admits that his stock of HK anime is made up of unlicensed copies, but he doesn't believe what he's doing is illegal, since the true copyright dispute is between Japan and the home country of the bootleg producer."

and the definition for unlicensed
unlicenced adj : lacking official approval [syn: unaccredited, unlicensed]

So basically he is selling stuff that doesn't have official approval so there for it is illegal.
I just think its funny he won't say that. But yea i belive it would take all the Anime
company's to get together or for them to actually do something about it.