360 backwards compatibility problems
Cidien Wrote:The core system isn't backwards compatible because it doesn't have a hard drive. Buy a hard drive. Not buying a hard drive for the 360 is simply retarded anyways even if you don't use backwards compatibility.

I didn't know that. I thought it worked sort of like the PS2 that's backwards compatible without needing a hard drive. But yeah, you're right, it would be pretty stupid to buy the 360 without the hard drive.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I think Microsoft is basicly screwing themselfs with not having full backwards campatibility. I think Nintendo has the right idea, make a system that has backwards campatibiltiy and the ability to buy their old games right to the system. I was excited to hear that the 360 would have backwards compatibility, but then I saw the list of games that you couldnt play. Almost every XBOX game I own or am going to own, I wont be able to play on the 360. Way to go Microsoft.
It certainly sucks. I want to get rid of that big black box if I can but I think I'll still want to play ninja gaiden, riddick, half life 2, farcry and many others.

Also, how big are those emulators? You only have 13 gig on the HD for personal use right?

And one thing that M$ has done nice to counter the nintendo BC idea is xbox arcade. That's a real big plus and I can't wait to see where it will go (if they keep the price down atleast). They could easily have more games available than nintendo since they already have snes games like the awesome smash TV. Although nintendo will always have mario, zelda and metroid.
Yea i am really looking forward to all the NES, SNES, N64 games to play on the Revolution.
It would be cool if you could download foreign games too with the revo like neon genesis for the 64.
Evangelion 64 is a really awful game. I just played it on an emulator, and it wasn't even worth the time it took for me to download it.
I C. Always wanted to try it but havn't wanted to put the time into getting a 64 emulator to work properly.
Heh, I read an article on some xbox site that had 5 rumours listed for the 360, I repeat RUMOURS.

It said before the end of this year the 360 will have a music/movie download service, World of warcraft and 50 downloadable Dreamcast games for $10 each. The other rumour was Halo3 in december and I forgot the last one.

So what do you think? I've never really played WoW so would it work on a console?

DC games would be nice but it would have to compete with ps2/xbox titles.
That would be cool, but I doubt it. Isn't Sega really tight with Nintendo?
The DC games would be cool. Been looking around for powerstone 1 or 2, but not gonna pay the insane ebay prices for them. And WoW would work just fine with a console same way ffxi does. Just need a mouse and a keyboard. You can use your own too btw they work with the 360 you don't need to go buy some special 360 ones like you do other consoles.
The only issues with WoW on the Xbox would be it having to install the game to harddrive and running everything from harddrive. As it will require patches and updates to the whole system like FFXI did for Ps2. Though it could easily be possile as Windows and Mac client already which means they have the code to run on PowerPC and the DirectX libraries written for Windows so i would think be easy to port over. but i would feel sorry because using a controller to play that game would suck.
They'd have to have a way for the system to like register a keyboard and mouse and if they aren't detected the game won't play. Would just be retarded if it was like ffxi where you could technically play with a controller.