Question about a anime and company.
Hello,
I decided to edit my post since... now my topic has changed a little.
Where can I find the Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne MI or AV set at? Two places me and my husband tried are giving us the run around. They say it is backordered.. then they say they nay not get it in. If possible please let me know of any trustworthy online stores in the US where we might can get this anime. Thankies ^_^
Anime Cartoon, AC, have changed their name to Manga International (MI, green icon) for a couple of years now

Animation Video (AV) has always been AV, Video Animation is Video Animation (just a phrase)

unless you are refering to OAV or OVA, which means the same thing, Original Animation Video or Original Video Animation, which is an Anime related term (not HK specific), it refers to releases that go directly to video and/or DVD, things that are not aired on Japanese TV.
I think I get it now ^_^ Thankies.
Mystical Rose Wrote:Hello,
I hope this is in the right place.
I have a few questions regarding a HK dvd.

Also is AV release of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne any good?

Does anyone know where I can find KKJ by AC/MI? I keep hearing AC?MI releases are pretty good.

Tsukiko and I have the MI set of KKJ... but haven't watched it yet, when I scanned the disks, the subs seemed pretty good from what I caught of them and the gatefold is nice... very brightly colored, but my set doesn't have a plastic slip cover over it...
oh. I am alittle confused. I have read about the different companies and all. I am still not sure what ones are really good. I have even read the reviews +_+ Everyone says something different. It isn't just about this series either. Just any series in genral as far as having good quality video and audio. I hear the subtitles are usuallyhalf bad or half good.. I just don't want to get ripped off. In one way I have been leaning towards the AC/MI release and then another the AV release.

I wish I knew from exerience ,but this will be my first hk dvd to get. My husband is very picky about money being wasted.
Mystical Rose, look for a set that has english audio as an option, that means 99% of time you will have perfect english subtitles.
ah. Thankies ^_^