Full Metal Alchemist DVD Boxset?
Hi,

I just saw this FMA boxset, with all 51 episodes on 6 discs. I've never seen this one, so I was wondering whether anyone knows if it is an import, or maybe something else. I'd also like to know whether the English subtitles on the DVDs are any good. Engrish-free and everything, you know?

Here's a picture if it helps:

[Image: Hagaren.jpg]

Also, to anyone who's never seen Full Metal (Fullmetal) Alchemist/Hagane no Renkinjutsushi... watch it. Seriously, it's awesome. ♥

Thanks in advance, hm? ~_^.
I have never even heard of an FMA HK with good subs
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I've been meaning to watch that show. I played the ps2 game and it had some cool anime cutscenes.

If its only 6 discs I'm pretty sure its a HK (import). Never saw that set though. What store did you see it at?

Welkom op het forum trouwens. Je bent al weer de vierde nederlanderBig Grin Gezellig!
It's definitely a HK set since the R1s aren't completely released yet.
Well, a lot of times, with these 'unknown' sets, the subtitles are usually pretty bad.
I was watching a HK movie (legitimate release) with English subtitles on automatically. Too lazy to turn it off.

It went like this:
Mr. A: You can pretendas no see what we do just now.
Mr. B: I saw the four of you threw him down the roof. How could I pretendas not see?
Mr. B: You trying to framed Wong Bbo?
Mr. A + C + D + E: Yes. He committed so many crimes but he could always get away scotfree. This is the best chance to send him go jail!

It's understandable. If you don't mind reading such English (it's pretty amusing anyway), you could try that set.
yeah it's a HK set cookiejarvideo.com used to sell that set. I skipped on it cus i really like the voice acting of ed an al ( tho some people don't like al's) but yeah im hoping for an english dub copy that and i hear the subs for that set are a little below what i want for subs tho im really picky so...
Cyrus
Thanks for the help, guys. To the person who asked where I saw this... Ebay. Yeah, Ebay is full of imports. Ah, well.

En yay voor Nederlanders! ^______^.
elcoholic Wrote:Welkom op het forum trouwens. Je bent al weer de vierde nederlanderBig Grin Gezellig!

I got curious and ran that through Babel Fish... Came up with this lol:

Welcome on the forum as a matter of fact. You are already the fourth DutchmanBig Grin Sociable!
I just bought the set off of Ebay and i'll write up a review on it when i get it in a couple days, although i have bought a similar set from him, Inuyasha 1-167 and 4 movies and it was pretty good for subs a few iffy spots here or there but it is very watchable and easily understood, my only main concern is that certain words like Dark Priestess and such were left in the original Japanese language but no biggy i liked it and for 40 bucks you couldnt beat the price for a 12 disc set. it woulda been like twice as much on I-A.
I don't really like either of their voices especially when ed freaks out about being small. Could have been way worse though, can at least watch the dub without getting irritated.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I got curious and ran that through Babel Fish... Came up with this lol:

Welcome on the forum as a matter of fact. You are already the fourth DutchmanBig Grin Sociable!

Haha. That's pretty accurate except the last word but I can't think of another word that fits better.

Babelfish is pretty good.