Thoughts on Final Fantasy 12 demo
I'd still rather have the traditional battle system but it is better than I expected. No load times for fights is rather nice too. I just hope the levels are good. The beach level in the demo is ok but the other one sucks.

DQ8 is pretty fun. I like the fairly simple battle system. The game is still hard though. The first boss kicked my ass the first time through, largly because I ran out of healing though. My only complaint with the game is it's a bit too silly. Fighting enemies like "One Knight Stand"s is just retarded. Funny if used sparingly but they try to make so many enemies retarded like that.
I am a RPG junkie, although old school rpgs rock, it is time that the new rpgs change a little. I like the new battle system, its alright although id much rather play Dragon Quest 8 for the third time.
Third time? did you play the Japanese version or something or do you just play alot of games?
a little of both, i got the japanese version from a friend of mine who lives in Japan, and then i bought the american copy when that came out. i played the japanese version once and the american version twice.
Blight Wrote:Also, I'm sick of Bishonen. Gay-wanabe pretty boys. Just come out of your closet already, and get the hell out of my RPG!!! Or stay, just don?t pretend you like women and dress like you do. Seriously, I'm sick of this. Where are the Man's Man Leads? Why do all the main characters have to weak spined wussies that get thrown into the position of leader? Why can?t they make him strong willed and take charge. Some one that would, you know, actually lead the other characters, rather than all the other charters be like, ?We all trust you because we are friends and we want to make you the leader.? And then the main character being like, ? Um, well okay.? I just hate that.

Aruon was probably the best character out of any FF I can remember, and he was dead. Funny how the fact that he wasn't alive represents how bad their characters are now. I can remember when ever Yuna would talk, I'd be like, "Shut the hell up Martha Stewart." They are just awful, and shallow as a dollar bill.

If that's how you feel then you'd probably like to play Magna Carta: Tears of Blood. Half the male characters, including the main one, have a very feminine look but they sure are strong willed. Calintz's (the main character) family was murdered by the Yason (enemy faction). He's looking for revenge and he's not nice about it! Anyway, no matter how feminine he looks you can't possibly mistake him for a female character since he lacks the DDDD+ boobs, thick thighs and Beyonce like hips of the female characters. Big Grin

As far as FFXII is concerned I intend to buy it as soon as it gets out. I've been waiting for this game for years and have no intention of waiting much longer.
Not only do I like feminine/androginous looking guys (if only they were real men... :p) as I have no problem adapting to new battle systems. Magna Carta's system is a mixture of Shadow Hearts's Judgement Ring with the classical turn-based system and the non-turn-based system of such games as Star Ocean and although I've heard some complaints about it's complexity I got used to it quite easily. I love turn-based systems but I have no problems dealing with new things. Besides, for me a game isn't 1 part story 2 parts battle system. It's 60% story, 30% settings and graphics and 10% everything else.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]