I hate you, you S.O.B.
Paul W.S. Anderson that is. He is the jerk who made the Resident Evil Movies and AvP. Now he is going to direct the Castlevania movie. First of all, why does their have to be a movie? And second, why did they have to get that jackass to make it. Why oh why?!

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/665/665378p1.html
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blah I liked the RE movies but AVP was a HUGE disappointment and the reason is simple $$$...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
AvP is a great movie to watch with a group of friends and just make fun of it the whole time. I also enjoyed the first RE movie, but i havnt seen the second one yet.
I agree with you 100% Blight I hate that guy too. But at least they didn't give Castlevania to that fucker Uwe Bowl who directed House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark. How does that guy keep getting movies?
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
evilomar Wrote:I agree with you 100% Blight I hate that guy too. But at least they didn't give Castlevania to that fucker Uwe Bowl who directed House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark. How does that guy keep getting movies?

You?re right, Bowl is far worse. I just read his filmography he is finishing the Bloodrayne movie, and is starting A Hunter the Reckoning movie, a Dungeon Siege movie, and worst of all, a Far Cry movie. Looks like there will be enough shitty video game movies to piss everyone off for the next ten years.
most movies suck. the film industry is sucking eggs.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Why don't you like him? The AvP movie wasn't that bad. It wasn't what I wanted but the second time I watched it I liked it much better. And the resident evil movies are fucking awesome. Especially the first one. What more could you have possibly wanted out of a resident evil movie?
Blight Wrote:You?re right, Bowl is far worse. I just read his filmography he is finishing the Bloodrayne movie, and is starting A Hunter the Reckoning movie, a Dungeon Siege movie, and worst of all, a Far Cry movie. Looks like there will be enough shitty video game movies to piss everyone off for the next ten years.

Now the Hunter The Reconkoning thing THAT pisses me off House of the Dead SUCKED

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Watch Uwe Boll movies on DVD with directors commentaries. I have never laughed so hard in my life, he actually thinks his movies are good. I want him to keep making movies just so I can watch them with commentary.

Oh, and the reason he keeps making movies is because of a tax writeoff loophole in his government. If the rich people in his country give him money, they get a huge tax writeoff, and I believe Uwe does also.
I really liked the first resident evil movie, I thought that it was done very well. I didn't like the second one too much, a bit too cheesy. I also heard so much crap about AVP and when I finally bought it on dvd I was pleasantly surprised - I actually really enjoyed it. So yeh, I don't think Paul Anderson is actually that bad.
My problem with AvP is I wanted to see an ALL OUT war Aliens vs Predators rip the humans to shreds leave no survivors thing...

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
How does he keep getting work
His best work was event horizon, and nothing hes done since has even been close

AVP was a gutless poor imitation of the two films it shares names with

I would have prefered the Romero script for Resident Evil

I did like Mortal Kombat though

He should stop doing game movies, but so should Uwe Bowle
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
I wanted to see an all out war too. That's why I liked it better the second time I knew what to expect.

And event horizon was a poor excuse to show as much gore as possible...
I liked the first re movie and honestly avp was no worse than any of the other alien or predator movies.
My point being that just because they are going to make movies of games you like and that there is a good chance those movies will suck dosen't mean you have to watch them. So the movie is crap but the game is still good so just play the game and forget about the movie.

The movie industry is garbage anyway, if someone is dumb enough to think the movies will make money then just dont bother. Maybe if enough of the movies bomb then someone will get the hint.

Seriously farcry and bloodrayne and dungeon siege would not make very good movies anyway most games just dont translate well.
geo85 Wrote:Seriously farcry and bloodrayne and dungeon siege would not make very good movies anyway most games just dont translate well.

That is kinda my point. Those are horrible premises for a movie. So is Castlevania. I mean, no one but fans are going to get what the hell he is doing fighting a Vampire with a whip for. Unless they take that out and that would just stupid. Yes I know there are different characters in a couple of the games, but if you were to take a stab at trying to tell a Castlevania story to the public, you better stick with the first string. But short of being NOT a movie about Castlevania characters, it will be a very predictable vampire movie and boring as hell.

I might be a little harsh on the guy, but Event Horizon was a crappy movie, and Solider was just annoying for the most part. The other movies may have had bad writing/concept, but that is why you don’t jump on a boat that’s full of holes. Plus look at his next work:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446741/

That looks like a jewel to me.Rolleyes