Graphics cards
Um, I dunno lol. Whatever is listed when looking at computers next to the word cache? lol

I guess I was told the cache is what makes pentiums faster than celerons. Was told celerons typically have 256 or no cache and pentiums have 512+
You can't have no cache anyone in todays standards.. you just have very little like yes Celerons have 128 or 256k cache.. and most regular pentiums have 512k cache. and i thitnk the program you can use is called cpu-z or cpu-x and it will tell you .. other wise find out your processor model with your computer and that will tell you as many models are standard.
Ya I got it today but now I gotta buy a new graphics card. I guess I can only use pci or agp and my old card is eza or something old like that. Off to best buy to see if they have any sales... lol. If not it's gonna be a few days until I have a working gaming pc.
Ya I only have pci ports in the new computer. Stupid worker at best buy (and me for listening) told me that pci express would work in a pci port. Had to take it back. Now i'm having problems finding a regular pci card that doesn't suck. Any suggestions? Mainly need something so I can play eq2. Surprisingly the crap onboard card actually plays half life 2 a little better than my old computer with the fx 5600.

Also what's pci bus? Will that work in a regular pci slot.
Well whore. Just read a few other message boards about this and it appears I got screwed by my lack of information. Apparantly even the best pci card can't run HL2 worth a crap not to mention eq 2. Can't even return the computer. =( This sucks. A lot. I don't know wtf i'm gonna do with this now.
Btw if anyone wants an awesome nongaming machine i'll sell it for a bit less than I bought it for, and I got it for a good deal + $40 discount through my dads work. Think it would be around 3 ghz with 1gig ram and 250g hd around $500.
keep everything but the cpu and motherboard, sell those two on ebay...and put the money toward a 64 bit cpu and motherboard (assumming of course that your case's power supply is over 500 watts...if not youll need a new one) incase you didnt already know, the three greatest websites for computer hardware are newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com, and geeks.com (sale every sunday on geeks.com)
I went the ebay route and took a chance on a used computer. Bought this if anyone cares. =P

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks for the info though. Ended up going with an agp card computer but I figure by the time i'm gonna need a better card than a 6800 i'm gonna want a new computer anyways lol.
Pretty good for the price. Nice choice.
pretty sweet find, though to offer some advice, the powersupply is pretty low...esspecially for what it is running, it should last you for a while, but dont be suprised if it goes out in 6 months or so( not that big of a deal though, you can get 500 watt ones on new egg or geeks for $ bucks when it does go out)also, switch out the ram with the ram you bought for your other pc asuming that it is the same type, because pny is some of the slower ram you can buy, which is why its usually cheaper then the good stuff like crosshair or kingston
You really think the power supply will burn out? It's 50 watts higher than the card requires. Guess I don't know anything about it but if it would burn out when it's higher like that then that's shitty. =/
You gotta think.. Power Supply's run the Process, Graphics Card, Harddrives, CD-Rom drives etc. 350 will get you by but you won't be able to add too much more to the system.. heh i ran a 225w power supply with Duel PIII 600's and had 4 cd-rom type drives. 4 harddrives and running a Geforce 4 graphics card. heh the power supply finally went out when i blew it by accidently hitting a floopy power plug to the metal case with my foot. hehe

but yes you can pickup 500w power supply decently prices if/when it would go out.