A little help please.
I want to buy this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BBO...d&v=glance to offer on Christmas but lately Amazon has been taking too long to deliver anything and since this item will only be on sale on the 22nd November it probably won't get here in time for Christmas. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys know of any other websites, with a good delivery service, that sell this for a good price. I bought all the other seasons on loaded247.com but at least so far they're not selling this giftset.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Surely they'll deliver that within a month won't they?

You can try the UK version of amazon.co.uk. Its released there november 28. Or play.com which is also in the UK. Not the fastest deliverer but they all should be able to do it in a months time. (funny shirt in that set btw.)
Thank you so very much!! I was looking through play.com and there it was! The best thing is that it's a UK website so I won't have to pay any taxes. I had already searched on amazon.co.uk but didn't find that particular giftset. I tried searching again but the site's down.
As far as amazon.com goes believe me, it wouldn't be here in a month! A friend of mine ordered Last Exile on amazon and it never even came, my boyfriend bought a couple of DVDs, payed for the fastest shipping method but they only arrived a month and a half later. I rather not risk it. Thanks again! Smile
If it's any consolation to you, shipping from the US to Canada is almost as bad with shipments going missing and taking way too much time and getting charged "brokerage fees" in addition to the shipping fee and duties that are due and we're on the same continent.

I can just imagine how unreliable things are getting to Portugal. I'm willing to bet that you get much better shipping service from Canada or even HK if you can find what you want from there.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Stuff that I buy from this store is there as fast or faster than stuff from the UK. I still don't know how they do it.
That's true! Things from IA get here in about 5 days, same as things which come from the UK.
Zagatto Wrote:If it's any consolation to you, shipping from the US to Canada is almost as bad with shipments going missing and taking way too much time and getting charged "brokerage fees" in addition to the shipping fee and duties that are due and we're on the same continent.

I can just imagine how unreliable things are getting to Portugal. I'm willing to bet that you get much better shipping service from Canada or even HK if you can find what you want from there.

What's a "brokerage fee"
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
A brokerage fee is what shipping companies charge you for the process of figuring out how much duty and taxes are due. They usually charge this fee on top of whatever shipping fees have already been paid.

Canada Post is one of the best here by only charging $5 for brokerage duties. I HATE UPS because they charge $20 for brokerage. I've ordered a $30 watch from the US and been asked by UPS to pay $40 in taxes, duties and brokerage fees based on their assesment of the value of my watch. These fees were on top of the $8 I paid for them to ship my package.

There are few things that upset me as much as brokerage fees. It pisses me off to no end that these shipping companies feel they aren't making enough money already that they have to gouge people who want to buy things from other countries.

Grrrr. grrr...
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:If it's any consolation to you, shipping from the US to Canada is almost as bad with shipments going missing and taking way too much time and getting charged "brokerage fees" in addition to the shipping fee and duties that are due and we're on the same continent.

And that is the reason why I only ship in the US for all my Ebay auctions. I'd rather not deal with any headaches that may be caused by me having to ship internationally.
Zagatto Wrote:A brokerage fee is what shipping companies charge you for the process of figuring out how much duty and taxes are due. They usually charge this fee on top of whatever shipping fees have already been paid.

Canada Post is one of the best here by only charging $5 for brokerage duties. I HATE UPS because they charge $20 for brokerage. I've ordered a $30 watch from the US and been asked by UPS to pay $40 in taxes, duties and brokerage fees based on their assesment of the value of my watch. These fees were on top of the $8 I paid for them to ship my package.

There are few things that upset me as much as brokerage fees. It pisses me off to no end that these shipping companies feel they aren't making enough money already that they have to gouge people who want to buy things from other countries.

Grrrr. grrr...

Damn that sucks $40 when the watch was $30 though that's even worse...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Vicious Wrote:And that is the reason why I only ship in the US for all my Ebay auctions. I'd rather not deal with any headaches that may be caused by me having to ship internationally.

You know, I never had any problems with shipping when buying from ebay. I've bought things from American sellers, Chinese sellers, European sellers and I never had any problem, things never took too long to get here. Amazon just has a really bad shipping service nowadays.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a little help please with class assignment animeshop 19 7,319 12-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Last Post: takumi25