PS3 launch titles
http://playstation.about.com/od/ps3/a/PS...hGames.htm

I would like to note that my most anticipated game of next year is on that list!!!!!!

MGS4 IS GOING TO OWN MY SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha I know! The graphics are amazing and the story sounds sweet.
What are you talking about? All of the big name PS3 games are 2007 at the earliest and no launch games have been confirmed. Wishful thinking aplenty. I feel sorry for anyone expecting MGS4, Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy to launch anywhere near the PS3 launch.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
I agree with Ryujin. I don't see sony releasing all those major titles that soon nor all together. Although it might be launch titles if the ps3 gets pushed back to say 2007 but that would be commercial suicide.

But some titles which might be launch titles do have my attention like Fifth Phantom Saga, Killing Day and MotorStorm. Those other major titles like mgs4, dmc4, killzone2 and final fantasy will not be released in the same period or they would have to share the spotlight.
tekken ps3 should be good, if they change what theyve done so far. I hated the games after 3.
Rumor is that it's gonna be Tekken Tag 2 on the ps3... L-A-M-E! Give us a REAL tekken

Anyway, there isn't even a set xbox360 launch list, and that comes out in like a month! So i wouldn't expect anything from the ps3 one, since that won't be out for another year or so. And anyone who says otherwise is all just basing it on speculation.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
Another thing that guarantes that the ps3 wont come out for awhile is the cost of the blue-ray components. Right now to the consumer blue-ray technology costs $1000. So unless sony plans to release its ps3 at an insane amount you wont see it till blue-ray is much less expensive, probably June-October of 2k6.
geo85 Wrote:Another thing that guarantes that the ps3 wont come out for awhile is the cost of the blue-ray components. Right now to the consumer blue-ray technology costs $1000. So unless sony plans to release its ps3 at an insane amount you wont see it till blue-ray is much less expensive, probably June-October of 2k6.

Not necessarily. Since launch timing is so crucial, if Sony thinks that getting six months ahead is worth it to have PS3 on the market that much earlier, it wouldn't bother them to take a considerable loss to not be left behind. It just depends on their release strategy.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
ff 12 may come out during launch considering they pretty much have it done they are just changing it from the ps2 to the ps3..... crappy

Anyways yeah i can't even consider getting a consol thats going to be out in as much as 2 years......

Im happy with my ps2 for now :d
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:ff 12 may come out during launch considering they pretty much have it done they are just changing it from the ps2 to the ps3..... crappy

Anyways yeah i can't even consider getting a consol thats going to be out in as much as 2 years......

Im happy with my ps2 for now :d

ARGH! WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THAT?

Square is NOT delaying FF12 because they're moving it to the ps3, they've said time and time again that it will remain a ps2 game.

Yes, it probably WILL come out around the time of the launch of the ps3, but they want it to show off how well the backwards compatibility works on the ps3. This is all just speculation on my part, but i have a feeling that the ps3 will 'enhance' ps2 games, just like how the ps2 enhanced ps1 games.

If they were to go from making the game ps2 to ps3, we wouldn't see it for another 3 years (since they'd pretty much have to redo the game from scratch). And all the talks of a 'ps3 final fantasy' are just that. Square probably has one of those in the works as well, but nobody knows what it is.

Another thing to point out, is that sony has already said that they'll be losing money with every system they sell. But they're confident that they'll make it up with everything else they sell (games, accessories, etc). So they can afford it.
desfunk Wrote:ARGH! WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THAT?

Square is NOT delaying FF12 because they're moving it to the ps3, they've said time and time again that it will remain a ps2 game.

Yes, it probably WILL come out around the time of the launch of the ps3, but they want it to show off how well the backwards compatibility works on the ps3. This is all just speculation on my part, but i have a feeling that the ps3 will 'enhance' ps2 games, just like how the ps2 enhanced ps1 games.

I was gonna say something like that, but I felt it wasn't worth my effort since ideas formed in ones head are the hardest to convince wrong. People tend to consistently believe what they think than what is true (I'm not excluded from this on many occasions:p).
Another thing to bring up is... WHY would there be a playable demo for the ps2 version of FFXII on Dragon Quest VII, if it isn't a ps2 game? :p
What I heard, but doesn't really make sense now (I heard this like months ago & haven't looked into it lately):
they announced KH2 was going to be released at XXXX date, & FF12 would be released 3 months later. The problem was that KH2 was only about 3/4 complete when that time came about, & FF 12 wasn't near release so they decided to delay KH2 & that delayed FF12 as well.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Yeah, that doesn't make much sense now.

I think though, those were from back when square/enix said "we will no longer be rushing games out just to bring them out. and instead will put all our effort into making the games 100% complete and polished". I bet we'll see Dirge of Cerberus before FF12 and KH2 come out :p
desfunk Wrote:I bet we'll see Dirge of Cerberus before FF12 and KH2 come out :p

Which bloody ass sucks. The two games I have wanted for a long time never seem to come out. I have been waiting for KH2 and LoZ:TP for a long, long time. All I want to do is a little video gamage. It is that too much to ask?