[eM]-eNCHANT arM-
I figured I'd inform everyone about one of the next gen RPGs I'm looking forward to at the moment. So prepare to be dazzled by all of the info I have so far. Enchant Arm is being developed by FROM SOFTWARE (Armoured Core series). The team working on the game is the same team that worked on the Otogi series of action games for the Xbox.

Official site: http://www.em-game.net/

It is set to be the first RPG on the Xbox360 and will be a Japanese day 1 launch title, so expect sometime in maybe march 2006 for the game to be released in the west.

Here is the official trailer
http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/vid..._qtlow.mov
[Right Click -> Save As]

Here are some images and artwork for the game to give you a feel for it's style.

[Image: 1126770717.jpg]
[Image: 1126770716.jpg]
[Image: 1126770715.jpg]
[Image: 1126770714.jpg]
[Image: 1122328977.jpg]

Artwork

[Image: 829_0011.jpg]
[Image: 829_0012.jpg]
[Image: 829_0013.jpg]
[Image: 829_0014.jpg]
[Image: 829_0015.jpg]

Here is some info on the story of the game.

Quote:Gamers eager for information about From Software's interestingly titled next-generation RPG, [eM] eNCHANT arM, have been quite out of luck lately. Today, however, this drought of information has been alleviated thanks to a slew of story and character details.

Golems, the previously mentioned beings birthed of both science and magic, play a large part in both the title's story and history. 1000 years ago these creations were brought into existence for militaristic purposes, an occurrence that resulted in the "Golem War." Sort of like a Terminator, Golems were programmed simply for combat and destruction, a command that lived on even after their architects had ceased to be. Just when the world was on the brink of complete annihilation, however, they stopped. The few humans remaining alive were dumbfounded as to why this happened, but were hardly disappointed. The silent abominations were labeled as "devil golems" and hastily sealed beneath the world's Cities, while the means to construct such a monstrosity were sealed away as "forbidden arts."

Despite the horrors of the Golem War, humans refused to abandon their potentially useful creations. Following the war, mankind set about developing more beneficial uses for their magical creations. These new models handled such menial and laborious tasks as operating a monorail to pizza delivery.

As has been previously announced, the story of [eM] eNCHANT arM will unfold in Yokohama City, a militaristic and highly advanced City known as a prominent center for both teaching and learning Enchant, or magic. As the City nears its 400th anniversary Atsuma -- the protagonist and possessor of an uncanny ability to negate the Enchantment on any object simply by touching it -- accidentally releases the most vicious devil golem known to man: the Queen of Ice. With an extremely high intelligence, masterful fighting abilities, and complete control over all things frozen, she is a serious threat to the world at large.

Thankfully, Atsuma and his companions are not alone in their struggle against the Queen of Ice, as they can build and control over 100 different types of Golems. Of these, several types include Fire Golems, Mage Guardian Golems, and Pegasus Golems. While no specific information on these creations has been disclosed, it is said that each type will command a different array of abilities and special attacks.

Aside from his ridiculously popular friend Touya, three other characters will accompany Atsuma on his quest. They are:

* Makoto - A student at the same Enchanters' College as Atsuma and Touya, this 19 year old male spends his life as a transvestite, writing sappy love poems to Touya. Actually, his motivations for anything and everything are probably all traceable back to Touya. When he isn't pining over his unrequited love, Makoto occupies his time by wondering why on earth such a suave, intelligent, good-looking man like Touya would hang around with Atsuma, the single target of Makoto's undying wrath. On an interesting side note, Makoto is a surprisingly capable cook.
* Karin - A former resident of London City, the 17 year old Karin ran away to join a small resistance group stationed just outside her hometown, to whom she lends her abilities as a talented kick boxer. A rather naive girl, she often bickers with Atsuma.
* Raiga - A member of the same resistance faction to which Karin belongs, Raiga is much more mature than his 25 years would suggest. His talents lie in fencing, and his masterly skills and massive sword make him a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. He is also a large fan of the strategy game "Go" and equally as fond of scolding Karin.

[eM] eNCHANT arM is slated to be released in concurrence with the Xbox 360 in Japan and will include a number of Xbox Live features. Those desiring more information can visit the title's official website here.

Here are some impressions of the game from TGS
IGN http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/651/651667p1.html
Gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/emen...id=6133495
TeamXbox http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/11...NT-arM/p1/

Anyway I'm sure if anyone is interested they can get more videos, images or impressions of the game themselves, I've done my part for informing everyone. Looking to be a pretty solid RPG so far.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
A new trailer released by FROM. It uses a mixture of gameplay, realtime cut scenes and CGI cut scenes, it's pretty cool, check it out.

http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1855_en.html
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Haven't seen the trailer yet but I've become less interested in rpg's anyway. They're all the same and this one, from what I've seen, is just an rpg with flashy graphics (very flashy) but no truely new elements.

I'm kinda hoping for new gameplay in the next gen. Not the same with just better graphics. But that's what it seems its going to be.

Looks great, plays the same.Smile
elcoholic Wrote:Haven't seen the trailer yet but I've become less interested in rpg's anyway. They're all the same and this one, from what I've seen, is just an rpg with flashy graphics (very flashy) but no truely new elements.

I'm kinda hoping for new gameplay in the next gen. Not the same with just better graphics. But that's what it seems its going to be.

Looks great, plays the same.Smile

RPG's have been getting stale in story section for a while now. Which is stupid since that is the one area where they have the most room to expand. Being too formulaic, have little emotional integrity, and feeling flat has just become commonplace in the genre. The expansion of setting would help elevate the genre as a whole. We need more RPGs to take place in the current time or the old west. Hell, even the renaissance would be a good setting. We also need to kill clichés; they are choking the genre. But I haven't looked into this game much because I won't be getting Microsoft?s console. Who knows I could miss out on something good, but it looks naught to me.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
The gameplay actually uses new elements, it combines grid based tactical elements with turn based action. Personally I think any RPG fan that gives this a miss will definatly miss out on a good experience but it's all down to personal preference.

One thing is for sure, and that is that a Microsoft console desperately needs a good JRPG and this seems to be the first one to come along.