Final Fantasy Ports
For those of you who haven't heard there will be a definite port of Final Fantasy IV coming to America on December 12. Actually, it isn't exactly a port because it adds new characters, some new areas, and slightly enhanced graphics and music, but it is basically the same game. Anyway, on the scan it says it is the first entry in the Final Fantasy Port Series, which means it is likely that Final Fantasy V and VI are coming to a handheld system too, whether it is the Game Boy Advance or the DS. This is either great news for people who have never played the games before or meaningless news for those people who say that Square Enix does nothing put ports and remakes now (which is basically true). Now where is that Final Fantasy III at?
By the way, here is the link for the scan: http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4/prop...ff4001.jpg
That's not really true. X-2 isn't that old and both DQ 8 and FF12 will be coming out shortly. Plus there are rumors that SE has been working on a next gen FF game. (not the retarded online XI) They also just released a new game whos name I can never remember. Sounds really fun though. Sounds a lot like suikoden where you can recruit tons of people. + dirge of cerebrus should be out shortly. Not an rpg but still by SE.
Cidien Wrote:That's not really true. X-2 isn't that old and both DQ 8 and FF12 will be coming out shortly. Plus there are rumors that SE has been working on a next gen FF game. (not the retarded online XI) They also just released a new game whos name I can never remember. Sounds really fun though. Sounds a lot like suikoden where you can recruit tons of people. + dirge of cerebrus should be out shortly. Not an rpg but still by SE.
When I said all they do is remakes, I was exaggerating. The recruiting game you are talking about is probably Radiata Stories, and it is developed by Tri-Ace. On the subject of new Square Enix games, I'm glad to see that they are going to revive the Mana series. There is going to be a DS game and a console game coming out next year in Japan. I'm interested to see what they do with that.
Cidien Wrote:That's not really true. X-2 isn't that old and both DQ 8 and FF12 will be coming out shortly. Plus there are rumors that SE has been working on a next gen FF game. (not the retarded online XI) They also just released a new game whos name I can never remember. Sounds really fun though. Sounds a lot like suikoden where you can recruit tons of people. + dirge of cerebrus should be out shortly. Not an rpg but still by SE.
Eh, X-2 was a game that continued the story of a game that was entirely to alike Grandia 2..

All they did was make the battle system of Grandia 2 faster & re-used their job system from FFV, save for the fact that you could choose which skill to learn.
Although this is irrelivant; I'm just stating that FF X-2 wasn't that great..-_-

as for on topic, it would be nice to have a new attention grabbing RPG from Square-Enix...I know have the money to buy DQIIX, but not the will to play an RPG right now..-_-
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
In response to Ciden the game is Radiata stories and i might pick that up sometime once i get more time in my life and finish the rpg's im playing already Big Grin
Cyrus
FF12 isnt scheduled for release till may 2006 and if you think that wont change then you dont know square, the game probably wont come out till after the ps3 release. In what once I thought to be the best game series of all time I have lost all interest. The movie of FF12 that I saw looks like a cross dressers ball, and the story, come on a princess needs some help defending her homeland yawn yawn yawn.

I want to see a FF game set in a not to distant future where people dress in gap and old navy and live in almost copies of new york and tokyo, and have real jobs but then get mixed up in some fantastical adventure. I think sqaure has used up there story arcs and need something that drastic to actually put out a new and interesting game.
Tactics advance did that.
cyborgninja828 Wrote:For those of you who haven't heard there will be a definite port of Final Fantasy IV coming to America on December 12. Actually, it isn't exactly a port because it adds new characters, some new areas, and slightly enhanced graphics and music, but it is basically the same game. Anyway, on the scan it says it is the first entry in the Final Fantasy Port Series, which means it is likely that Final Fantasy V and VI are coming to a handheld system too, whether it is the Game Boy Advance or the DS. This is either great news for people who have never played the games before or meaningless news for those people who say that Square Enix does nothing put ports and remakes now (which is basically true). Now where is that Final Fantasy III at?

it will more then likally be an advanced game, orrigens (1&2) only took up one cartrige so it should fit fine, as for the graphics...you can improve them all you want, they still wont go above advance quality
Yeah I loved tactics advance except for the laws but thats just it, it was a gameboy game, they need a really awesome beautiful console game like what I described, they need to stop with the old midevil type settings and do a future setting. Something thats set in a world not so far off from our own but that has a totally unbelievable fantastical adventure story.

Like an opening sequence like ff7 except the streets look like NY and people are talking on cell phones and driving chevys and nissans fords.
geo85 Wrote:Like an opening sequence like ff7 except the streets look like NY and people are talking on cell phones and driving chevys and nissans fords.

Well, that’s what you want. Some people hated the leap into the future and out of the usefulness of the sword and shield era.

I want a game set up in a place like the Trigun universe, I would also like a game where the main character has serious personal issues. Like they have a drug problem or are an alcoholic. Maybe he is broke, about to loose everything, and he's got and robs someone at the beginning of the game. A farmer who can’t compete with the new corporate farms and is loosing his heritage. A single dad who's ex wife is a whore but always fucks with him. A Prostitute heroine. That poor bastard that has been passed over promotion 5 times because his boss steals and claims his work and ideas. The guy who just had his business taken over because of eminent domain. Something involving the shit we humans go through in life; some critical flaw or hurdle that they have to over come as a person, in addition to being a potential savor to the sheep. I want an expression of characters that have personal issues like we all do, in a game. I want an expression of the human condition. I want someone to point out the contradictions we live our lives by. I want someone to create realism IN fantasy.

But that won't happen. Ironically, my wish for realism in characters and narrative in video games, is pure fantasy.

Plus, Square are money whores now, they would actually have to stop making FFVII spin offs, to have time to think of something creative. And I congratulate all those that survived my rant lol.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight I like your ideas for some horribly flawed main character, I would love to see a real a**hole be the lead. The type of character that farts during dialouge and blows smoke in peoples faces, and drinks insesintly.

Sort of like gene starwind, tuco, and angel eyes all mashed into one. A character like that would be awesome.

For those of you who scratch your heads at the tuco and angel eyes reference go watch (the good the bad and the ugly).
Those are some cool ideas. A lead where we aren't sure if he will just say screw this crap I got other things to do. I love that... Spike (Cowboy Beebop) had that kind of feel to him.

As for the FF stuff. The last true midevil game they did was FFIX. They have been dealing with this Future crap too much. I think that is why peope are more willing to play remake of thier old games. As long as they tie up the loose ends I am happy to be playing FF VI again. (They better have a better ending for Shadow damn it)
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Here is the link to a kind of new scan of Final Fantasy III, V, and VI. http://ds.advancedmn.com/images/media/fi...an_002.jpg
It looks to me like Final Fantasy V and VI aren't going to have the updated graphics that IV is getting. Oh well, I'm still excited about the release.
cyborgninja828 Wrote:Here is the link to a kind of new scan of Final Fantasy III, V, and VI. http://ds.advancedmn.com/images/media/fi...an_002.jpg
It looks to me like Final Fantasy V and VI aren't going to have the updated graphics that IV is getting. Oh well, I'm still excited about the release.

Well they had all right graphics, at least in terms of what generation they came from. I'm not sure I'll buy it though. I plan on waiting for the Xenosaga 1&2 compilation on DS instead. But it does look like the DS is getting the stronger library of the two main handheld platforms.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe