talk ver 1
Just some talk going around the video game community. Supposedly the inclusion of the blue-ray in the ps3 will add quite a bit to the price and the price will likely be more than the 360, sony even supposedly dropped a hint that it will be quite expensive, maybe near $500.

Also because the 360 will only use a normal dvd player and not HD the system wont run as smoothly because of the advanced build of the games, so basically that means lots of loading.
Actually every mag i've read recently on the subject has said $400. Don't know where you guys get your high prices from other than your imagination. Same people that said the 360 was gonna cost like $600 a few months ago...
Sony is talking about including dvr, and dvd burning features along with the blue-ray, that is not cheap to include, right now estimates are around $465. Some even speculate games to be around 70-80. Most said that the 360 would be around 400 and it is, with all the functionality sony is trying to pack in why should it cost less than 450.
The blue-ray alone will cost sony 100 per unit.
And sony has made it no secret that it will be expensive.
Some good news is Perfect Dark zero will be sold for $50. If all xbox360 games get that price that means no price raise for the next gen. Sony won't be able to ask $70 or $80 if M$ asks $50 (I love price competition).

I always expected the systems to go out for more than $500 on launch and was very surprized about the 360's price which is an excelent deal IMO (lets imagine the core pack doesn't excist). The blu-ray is a definet bonus and I'm fine with sony asking more money for it since blu ray players will probably cost as much as an ps3 when released.

In 2 weeks or so the tokyo game show will start and we'll get a whole lot of info then on hopefully all 3 consoles. I'm pretty excited about hearing what exactly will make the revolution special.
They've already said games are gonna be $60 for next-gen system, so again your information is not only wrong, but stupid. Second, i'll bet that $60 the system sells for at most $400. Elc, where did you hear pdz would be sold for $50? All I see is $60 speculation around the net.

Also, I havn't heard anything about dvd burning features with the ps3, but that would be pointless on sonys part. People that wanna make home movies can just buy a burner for their computer. They aren't very expensive.

And or course it's going to be expensive. It's already been projected sony will probably lose around 1.8 billion on the console in the first year...
Well finally found what you were talking about at like the 6th site I read through. The SE edition is gonna b $60 while the 1 disc version will be $50.
Cidien Wrote:Well finally found what you were talking about at like the 6th site I read through. The SE edition is gonna b $60 while the 1 disc version will be $50.

So in other words your information was stupid.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
and what about the sega football game that came out at $20 brandnew when all other games was $50 ? all games will never be locked into the $60.
Schultz Wrote:and what about the sega football game that came out at $20 brandnew when all other games was $50 ? all games will never be locked into the $60.
that's what I w3as thinknig because the next Evil Dead is coming out at 20 bucks.. The prices are never set in stone.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Blight Wrote:So in other words your information was stupid.

Yes, yes it was.
Blight Wrote:So in other words your information was stupid.

You beat me to it. I wanted to say that.Wink

Quote: Yes, yes it was.

I think I'm going to frame this :p