Locking old threads...again.
First I would like to start by saying, if there is some issue that would make it a real pain in ass to program it for the site, and that is why we never decided to do it before, then ignore this. The same goes if there is something currently in the works, but I would know if there was, so excuse this then.

With that out of the way, three months would be good wouldn't it? Really old threads popping up doesn?t just annoy me in a general and selfish sense, I just think it would be better for there to be a new thread about what ever subject is to be discussed. Any objections? Any reason why this isn't possible, tech or otherwise? I would appreciate input from all (but especially Shultz since it would be him the workload would fall on.)
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I really don't see an issue with this really.. I also belive the flame forum should have threads locked much sooner.. I started looking at it but then got sidetracked and kinda forgot about it.. but i noticed alot of threads poping up lately..
As long as old threads can still be searchable, I keep seeing new people who most probably don't know any better starting a new thread that many of us who have been here a year or longer have seen before. Most of the time when this happens alot of the older posters jump the person with alot of rather mean comments and the new person never returns to the board.
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
No matter how it's done, it's always a bitchfest. If somebody create a new thread, then they bitch "Why create a new thread. It's already been done in another thread." blah blah

If someone bring up an existing thread, then they bitch "Why bring up an old thread. Create a new one" It's impossible to do it 'right'. blah blah

So why bother. Let them bitch and moan. There hasn't been whole lot of new topics to read here lately anyway.
No matter how it's done, it's always a bitchfest. For example,
1. If somebody create a new thread, then they bitch "Why create a new thread. It's already been done in another thread." blah blah

2. If someone bring up an existing thread, then they bitch "Why bring up an old thread. Create a new one" blah blah

It's impossible to do it 'right'. So why bother. Let them bitch and moan. There hasn't been whole lot of new topics to read here lately anyway.
hbk101 Wrote:No matter how it's done, it's always a bitchfest. For example,
1. If somebody create a new thread, then they bitch "Why create a new thread. It's already been done in another thread." blah blah

2. If someone bring up an existing thread, then they bitch "Why bring up an old thread. Create a new one" blah blah

It's impossible to do it 'right'. So why bother. Let them bitch and moan. There hasn't been whole lot of new topics to read here lately anyway.
I Second This Opinion.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:I Second This Opinion.
I as well; I don't particularly mind seeing old topics again. If you have a problem with it, just don't read them.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
hbk101 Wrote:1. If somebody create a new thread, then they bitch "Why create a new thread. It's already been done in another thread." blah blah

Not really. If people use common sense then none of this would need to be said. People only bitch about 'it being done before' when it's something like 'What are MAC/MI/FX' and crap like that that could easily be searched for and answered without any writing in any threads. Bringing up existing threads to do stuff like vote in a poll is ridiculous and not needed in any case. If it was an old thread that had a question that wasn't answered or something then yes bring it up again but not if there is no need. If a new member (or old but they should know better) brings up an old thread with nothing to contribute then it should be locked and they should be warned. No need to automatically lock threads but if they come up with no use then lock them.