Weird Question...
I'm not even sure if this is the place for this kind of thing, but I thought I would ask...The topic is eyebrows. Now I was putting on some cream to get rid of my pimples a few months ago and I noticed that there were all of these little hairs in the middle, so I looked up what to do online and it said plucking was the easiest way and that they shouldn't grow back for a week or two. So I did that, but there seem to be more and more everyday and they seem to be coming back fast, so I don't know what to do. I'm not sure what to do because every site I have gone to says that tweezing should work but there are always a few stray hairs that are too small for me to get. Should I be waxing? I hope not because I'd feel ridiculous going to a beauty salon for this and I would just mess it up myself. If anyone has any suggestions please tell me. I am desperate. Thanks for your help.
try waxing. i myself, cant teeze my own eye brows.. ahhhh. so i wax it. dont worry about it, if u wanna try waxing then try it. i use to work at a nail shop and many guys come for waxing.
[Image: ffc.jpg]
I pluck. You'll find ater plucking for a while they start to come back less often untill in the end you only have to do it once a month or something. Waxing probably hurts more and also gives people a kind of box look to their eyebrows.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Waxing probably hurts more and also gives people a kind of box look to their eyebrows.

Like that one dude from FLCL?
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
lol i love the flcl dudes eyebrows XD
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
lol FLCL FLCL!!!
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:lol FLCL FLCL!!!

LONG LIVE FLCL!!! XD
I LOVE that series, I LOVE it!
the coolest part of that series is that EVERYTHING in there means/represents SOMETHING.
FLCL is definitley ranked up in my top ten list of all time favourite animes Big Grin

on another note: sorry for hijacking this thread lol... im going to bed.
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
animefan777x Wrote:I'm not even sure if this is the place for this kind of thing, but I thought I would ask...The topic is eyebrows. Now I was putting on some cream to get rid of my pimples a few months ago and I noticed that there were all of these little hairs in the middle, so I looked up what to do online and it said plucking was the easiest way and that they shouldn't grow back for a week or two. So I did that, but there seem to be more and more everyday and they seem to be coming back fast, so I don't know what to do. I'm not sure what to do because every site I have gone to says that tweezing should work but there are always a few stray hairs that are too small for me to get. Should I be waxing? I hope not because I'd feel ridiculous going to a beauty salon for this and I would just mess it up myself. If anyone has any suggestions please tell me. I am desperate. Thanks for your help.

Plucking is the best way for me. I can control the shape of the eyebrow better and I can get rid of all those nasty little hairs. Of course that requires some patience but once you get the hang of it you'll be done with it in an instant. You probably have the same problem as I do. My hairs grow back very fast, very, very fast. Not just the ones in the eyebrows, the ones in the legs as well and the weird thing is that unlike the hairs in my eyebrows the ones in my legs are pretty thin. I wax and 3/4 days later they're back, it's uncanny! Anyway, you'll just have to put up with it and take a look at your eyebrows every 4 or 5 days. Waxing won't really help because both processes remove the root so they're basicaly the same thing. Plucking is better because the eyebrow occupies a very small area.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Am I the only person who doesn't feel that I need to disfigure myself to remain presentable?

I will never pluck, wax or otherwise disrupt my uni-brow.

I guess I don't understand personal vanity after a point. I do shave every day because I prefer the way I look this way. I get my hair cut fairly regularly (I even spend a bunch to get it done to my standards).

At what point to people feel they need to draw the line to be presentable?

I'm drawing that line at plucking my brow.

I had one girlfriend who told me to lean back and close my eyes. I heard a buzzing and was expecting something kinda kinky to happen (I tend to like that in a girl). After the buzzing came the searing PAIN from between my eyes. She had decided that my uni-brow was offensive and used an epilady to try to "neaten things up". Fortunately, my uni-brow is made of sterner material than that and I burned out her friggin' epilady (for those who don't know what one of these torture devices is I'll explain; it's basically a spring that is bent onto a form and has a motor that causes it to spin. As the spring spins it grabs onto hair and swiftly pulls them out.)

To this day I don't let anyone touch my brow unless it's in the form of gentle caresses or other wanted affection.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:I will never pluck, wax or otherwise disrupt my uni-brow.

Zagatto Wrote:She had decided that my uni-brow was offensive.

I'd have to agree with her. If you don't mind looking like a caveman then leave it. Why should women shave their legs/armpits? They shouldn't have to but they do because it looks bad otherwise. It's not like men have to do a lot of grooming like women do so why not just do that one thing so you don't look bad?
Zagatto Wrote:Fortunately, my uni-brow is made of sterner material than that and I burned out her friggin' epilady

You burned the machine?!!!!! :eek: Those are some tough hairs you have there!

gubi-gubi Wrote:I'd have to agree with her. If you don't mind looking like a caveman then leave it. Why should women shave their legs/armpits? They shouldn't have to but they do because it looks bad otherwise. It's not like men have to do a lot of grooming like women do so why not just do that one thing so you don't look bad?

I don't think it looks bad on everybody and in most cases I don't even think it looks that bad. I do, however, think that if men are going to be groomed and presentable the face is the most important place. Maybe I just give too much importance to the face but I rather see a man with a hairy chest (I prefer no hairs at all) than with bushy brows.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:in most cases I don't even think it looks that bad.

[Image: rm_minger259.jpg]

How about this case Big Grin
gubi-gubi Wrote:[Image: rm_minger259.jpg]

How about this case Big Grin

:eek: If I could get my hands on him I'd tie him to a chair and shave/pluck out all of the hairs in his face. That's what I feel like doing to a friend of mine who usually lets his facial hairs (and actual hair as well) run wild. Big Grin
Anyone ever see the movie Frida with Selma Hyek? Throughout that whole movie, I just kept thinking about fixing her eyebrows.

I hate waxing my eyebrows so plucking it is. Andromeda is right.. once you get used to it, it is not so bad after all.