New Names for 4Kids' "Yu-Gi-Oh GX" dub
In a post at the Nickdisk Forum, someone has taken note of the new names for 4Kids' dub of "Yu-Gi-Oh GX":

Judai Yuki is now Jaden Yuki
Asuka Tenjouin -> Alexis Rhoads
Sho Marufuji -> Syrus Truesdale
Ryo Marufuji -> Zane Truesdale
Daichi Misawa -> Bastion Misawa
Hayato Maeda -> Chumley Huffington
Jun Manjoume -> Chazz Princeton
Cronos de Medichi -> Vellian Crowler

In my opinion, they should've used Western names that sound very close to the Japanese version -- "Harold" would be a better replacement for "Hayato". But "Chumley"?

And why do they need to change the name of the already-Western "Cronos de Medichi"?

Now you know why 4Kids is evil -- they desecrate the anime art form, just so they can be "TV-Y".
--
Travel The Anime Expressway
http://www.animeexpressway.com/
Changing names doesn't make it tv-y. 4kids is run by a buncha old dumbasses that have no idea what they are doing. I'm still surprised they havn't learned their lesson. It's a lot like the video game market. There are still a lotta companies with their heads up their asses that think they know what gamers want and how to force it down our throats but they really have no idea.
rugrats1 Wrote:In a post at the Nickdisk Forum, someone has taken note of the new names for 4Kids' dub of "Yu-Gi-Oh GX":

Judai Yuki is now Jaden Yuki
Asuka Tenjouin -> Alexis Rhoads
Sho Marufuji -> Syrus Truesdale
Ryo Marufuji -> Zane Truesdale
Daichi Misawa -> Bastion Misawa
Hayato Maeda -> Chumley Huffington
Jun Manjoume -> Chazz Princeton
Cronos de Medichi -> Vellian Crowler

In my opinion, they should've used Western names that sound very close to the Japanese version -- "Harold" would be a better replacement for "Hayato". But "Chumley"?

And why do they need to change the name of the already-Western "Cronos de Medichi"?

Now you know why 4Kids is evil -- they desecrate the anime art form, just so they can be "TV-Y".
Yu-Gi-Oh sucks. It's not even anime. Something like that is pretty much TV-Y anyway, because, put simply, the entire concept is meant from little kids from the start.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Ya I think it's funny and sad. They change things for absolutely no reason. It coulda been tv-y without even editing it I think lol.

Like when pioneer edited out stupid things from dbz like gohans tears. It just left people to ask, do they like throwing money out the window? I know I do. Money sucks. It's more fun to screw with peoples anime!
I liked Yu-Gi-Oh it was entertaining for awhile. I just hate the friendship stuff. It gets from "ok" to MEGA CHEESY!!!! OMG..........
[Image: top_1.jpg]
~Romance in the Scent of Summer~
Kiruyuki Wrote:I liked Yu-Gi-Oh it was entertaining for awhile. I just hate the friendship stuff. It gets from "ok" to MEGA CHEESY!!!! OMG..........

The part of the manga I read in Shonnen Jump was actually decent, and the spirit seemed a little evil sometimes too. But the show always made me conjure thoughts of committing Harry Carrie.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I have always held that Yu-Gi-Oh has to be about one of the gayest things ever. It's like Pokemon with a different name...
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Damn pokemon. That show basically ruined such a great game lol.
Cidien Wrote:Damn pokemon. That show basically ruined such a great game lol.
...are you kidding me? Wait, when did you stop playing T_T?
^^Made by Blight

After the original red and blue. Of course the fact that they released the same damn game hardly changing it over and over also kinda killed it. I dunno how it made so much money honestly. You'd have to be really damn stupid to buy the same game over and over.
Pokemon Crystal was my favorite game. It has so many new things in it. And the cartridge looked kewl ^_^
Is that the one where you get to fight 2 on 2? If so then you could definitely justify buying that one. The people that buy 1 or even both of every new set released are completely insane.
Am I the only one here who thinks Pokemon is...for 7 year olds?
^^Made by Blight

Not when it came out. Before they started marketing it to 7 year olds most gameboy owners owned the blue or red version. It was a pretty fun game.
Yes it was! I'd spend so many hours on it, it is not even funny. However I didn't play pokemon blue,red,yellow,silver.gold.crystal on a gameboy. I played it on pokemon stadium/pokemon stadium 2 which was really kewl. Playing on a gameboy wastes too many batteries in my opinion.