5 Exclusive X360 Japanese RPGs
I'm not sure if anyone has been following next gen info much, so I figured I would post this to inform RPG fans.

Ok so we already knew about Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. For those that don't I'll give a quick run down. They are made by Hironobu Sakaguchi, creator of Final Fantasy. He left Square and made his own company called Mistwalker.

Blue Dragon features character designs and story colaberation by Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball creator). He is also releasing a Blue Dragon manga. It is about kids who find out that they have a special ability in that the can summon "Shadows" which are in the sahpe of creatures that reflect the persona of the characters.

Lost Odyssey is about a man who lives for 1000 years. Seems like a very interesting concept. Music for both of these games I think is being done by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy music composer). The story is being worked on by a famous Japanese novelist and character designs by a famous artist, but I can't remember their names. Both games are turn based in some way.

Ok, now that I have that out of the way, time to move on.

From Sortware (makers of Armoured Core and Otogi) are making a launch game for X360 in Japan called [eM] -eNCHANT aRM- . Which looks quite cool so far, it's a turn based RPG and using something about summoning golems in battle. Story details are sparce but definatly check out the trailer. Looking excellent so far.

Namco announced that they are making a new un-named RPG for the X360. Nobody knows so far if it is a new IP or an update to a franchise. All that is known is that members from the "Tales of" series of games are working on it.

Tengai Makyou ZIRIA (Far East of Eden). This is a remake of an old PC Engine very popular RPG in Japan. If this is just a revival of the series or a remake of the 1st game we don't know. However the anime scenes from the game are of a very high quality

Anyway it is good to see the X360 get some Japanese support, I think it aready has more RPG's now when it's not even out than the original XBox had in its whole lifetime in Japan. Anyway there was lots of other Japanese support but I thought people here would be most interested in this.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
I kind of said something like this a while back, but I am totally hyped I just hope all these games are released in the us. That was the north american xbox downfall, a lot of great games came out in Japan for the xbox but not in north america, I hope they have learnt their lesson, and make sure we in the us get these games too.
Yeah, M$ is really trying hard to get the Japanese gamers on their side. Bad news is only 2% of Japanese gamers want a 360 and about 70% want a ps3. I don't have the link here but the article was on gamespot.

Now I also believe that the two rpg's made by Sakaguchi are not xbox exclusive yet. I think somewhere he said there's also a possibility for them to go to other platforms. But knowing him it'll take about 3 years at least to finnish the games if not more since I think he has BIG plans for these games and the next system.

There's so much info coming out lately I can't keep it apart. People expected games to be much more expensive and time consumming to make but it seems like the makers don't have that problem. I think there are a couple of new games announced for the new systems every week.
yeah lost oddysee or however you spell it sounds good uh the other one i just played thru shadow hearts 1 and 2 this past year and mostly thru legend of dragoon so im staying away from any game that has morphing chars lol cept maybe breath of fire 3.

The others seem somewhat interesting im just hoping that these games will actually be good unlike all of square enix's newer stuff and i really mean all like on ps2 they got ff 10 and kingdom hearts and the rest are sub par to really bad..... yes that includes ff x-2 but anyways im excited too bad i'll be getting a ps3 if they have good rpgs and other stuff comin or a new onimushu game or whatnot. I might even get a revolution if its affordable and cheap to dl good games.
Cyrus
I dont know the truth or reality behind the situation but the impression I am getting is that though the kits the developers are using for the next gen games is very expensive its much easier for the developers to actually create the code and games for the hardware, I hope this is the case, EA has been driving up production costs soo much that the games most people would want to play dont get made.

Also any half-life fans be scared EA purchased part of valve so right now all marketing is up to EA but that could change quick, who knows maybe they will fudge up anything else valve puts out.

I dont want to put this into a rant so I will keep it short, why do developers release games with bugs and glitches and frame rate issues. I know some bugs pop up during development and fixing them could cause more bugs but if the developers are all pros then why should the gamers suffer for bugs the developers chose to leave in, that has always bothered me. If I was a developer I damn hell would not release buggy games, I know they have deadlines and some suit probably has final say but come on, isnt this industry for entertainment of the consumer.

Ask yourselves this, would any of you watch a movie if some of the special effects were not finished or a blatant double was used and the movie chugged and cut out of frame or focus all beacause some suit said it goes out now?
geo85 Wrote:Ask yourselves this, would any of you watch a movie if some of the special effects were not finished or a blatant double was used and the movie chugged and cut out of frame or focus all beacause some suit said it goes out now?
Do you watch modern day movies at all? They wouldn't suck any more than they already do with those probelms because as implied they suck as much as possible now -_-

As for video games, I think it's slowly becoming to much of a suits & tie sorta thing, rather than a few nerds making something they, themselves enjoy.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
The Sakaguchi games are exclusive. Although Mistwalker could develop new games for any console once these two games are done. After all they only signed a 2 game deal with Microsoft. Anyway good news for all concerned, I'm really psyched for [eM] -eNCHANT arM- it looks really cool, check out the trailer.

http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/vid..._qtlow.mov
[Right Click]
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
no kidding that they want the PS3 more then the 360. I am an X-Box person myself but the lack of RPG's is really what drove alot of people on both side's of the pond to go with the PS2 even. If it wasent for a handful of titles for the X-Box, "Halo" most notable there is a good chance X-Box would of gone the same rout as the 3DO and the Dreamcast
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Its good to see some jpn support but i still cant bring myself to beleive it will do very well in japan.Im more interested in level fives new rpg rogue galaxy,shadow hearts 3,kingdom hearts 2, ff12 and dragon warrior 8 for ps2 than anything next gen.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
So is there any provable rumors or not that 360 will try to make US domestic releases of the Jap 360 RPG's or not currently?
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey will definatly get a release. I'm pretty sure Enchant Arm will too, no idea about the others. We still don't even know what RPG Namco is making yet anyway.
Ryujin Wrote:Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey will definatly get a release. I'm pretty sure Enchant Arm will too, no idea about the others. We still don't even know what RPG Namco is making yet anyway.
Am I the only one reminded of MAR everytime I see something about Enchant Arms?
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
wrxh8r Wrote:Its good to see some jpn support but i still cant bring myself to beleive it will do very well in japan.Im more interested in level fives new rpg rogue galaxy,shadow hearts 3,kingdom hearts 2, ff12 and dragon warrior 8 for ps2 than anything next gen.

How dare you!! You forgot Grandia 3. :p