about thin packs
i just ordered rahxephon and i expected a normal set but i got a thin pack now my question is.... Should i ebay sell this cus its unopened and get the r1 normal pack or should i just keep this thin pack? Are there more extras on the thin pack or the original do people trade for thin packs here the same as normal r1 cases cus its the same number of disks just smaller cases. Let me know
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:i just ordered rahxephon and i expected a normal set but i got a thin pack now my question is.... Should i ebay sell this cus its unopened and get the r1 normal pack or should i just keep this thin pack? Are there more extras on the thin pack or the original do people trade for thin packs here the same as normal r1 cases cus its the same number of disks just smaller cases. Let me know

LMFAO Well heres the thing the single ones just take up more space the story simply put is that the thinpaks are the SAME as the originals they just cost a lot less and come in smaller boxes. The trading part I can't help you with but I kinda doubt it's the same due to the actual value of a set by the time it's released like that.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Cyrus Wrote:i just ordered rahxephon and i expected a normal set but i got a thin pack now my question is.... Should i ebay sell this cus its unopened and get the r1 normal pack or should i just keep this thin pack? Are there more extras on the thin pack or the original do people trade for thin packs here the same as normal r1 cases cus its the same number of disks just smaller cases. Let me know

The thinpack set costs less and it looks cooler. I thinkpak all my regular R1 dvds almost so i'm definitely not the guy to ask this to lol.
The box art of the R1 thin pack looks cooler, but I myself really do not care for thin packs; I think they look odd. I really wouldn't know, but I'm sure the two are worth about the same.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Close but the originals for whatever reason still sell for more than the thinpaks even without a box.
if we are talking on the same special features i'll keep the set and also the original set has some booklets with character bios and stuff do you think these have those too cus the cases are so small

let me know ASAP
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:if we are talking on the same special features i'll keep the set and also the original set has some booklets with character bios and stuff do you think these have those too cus the cases are so small

let me know ASAP
Probably, they do. Thin packs have places for booklets, too.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
so can anyone else tell me if the rahxephon thin packs have all the same features as the non thin pack original edition and also the booklets with character bios and such?

let me know ASAP plz
Cyrus
I just have a few questions, are these R1? And if so how much less do they cost than normal cases? Thanks
surfrider777 Wrote:I just have a few questions, are these R1? And if so how much less do they cost than normal cases? Thanks

ALOT less than buying the series 1 by 1 and yes they are R1

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Cool, finally R1 that you dont have to pay out the wazoo for. Where can you find these thin packs?
surfrider777 Wrote:Cool, finally R1 that you dont have to pay out the wazoo for. Where can you find these thin packs?

ADV is the only company I know of that releases them and they wait at least a year after the original dub if I am correct. But someone else would have to verify that...Also most store that sell anime...

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
i was told yesterday that the thin pack for rahxephon and most anime have way less special features. Does that make any sense or do you think they are just dumb they said you could play games on the first set but not the second and stuff
Cyrus
They have the same special features/extras as the originals. They just put the original disks into the thinpacked package (cases+box) and make it cheaper. They can't really take out special features because that is just dumb. You might lose the reversible covers and such like that, but that isn't a big deal in my opinion. You'll still have the character sketches, interviews, commentaries, etc.
[Image: top_1.jpg]
~Romance in the Scent of Summer~
Ya it wouldn't make sense to change the discs when they already have everything done and ready to just change cases with. Thinpaks are cheaper not only because they release all at once but also because they are easier to make. They are packaged pretty much entirely by machines whereas people still do a lotta the packing on regular dvd cases.

I dunno about elsewhere but best buy around here seems to be picking up a few sets like rahxephon and fmp and selling them for about $50. It's pretty cheap and they look really nice.